Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2021, 11:16 AM   #41

Turns out they left the new 12v refrigerator on, which was what drained the battery. They didn't use the internal disconnect when they were done. I pulled the battery and ran a regen cycle on it, then fully charged it so will see if it recovered. Somewhere I have a professional battery load tester, going to look for it and give the battery a load test to make sure they didn't kill any cells.
Bhrava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 11:35 AM   #42

Last on my list.....Wife and I do a walk around and verify everything was done. If we get side tracked, we catch it on the second pass.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:36 PM   #43

What can happen when your hook up routine is interrupted

Agree. Last thing I do is a double walk around. First round trip I look eye level down, looking at levelers, dump valves, power connections, hitch, tires, etc. Second trip around I look up at the awning, slide toppers, windows, antenna, etc.
This has worked for me for several years.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 03:17 PM   #44

I have a checklist app on my phone. Use it every time item by item. Check each off as I go.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:15 PM   #45

I don't have a routine. Anybody can help me hook up and it doesn't distract me at all so I guess I must be different from everybody else here. Never had a mishap in 50 years of
hooking and unhooking. I just know what needs to be done and if anyone else is helping me, I just go around and double check everything they did. Wife and both adult kids have helped but I have had them help so many times that they rarely do it wrong. But I double check any way just to make sure. I too have been a truck driver for 50 years and have somewhat of a routine with checking the truck out but have driven so many different kinds of trucks and so can't really do a set routine since the trucks require different steps. But we can break camp with the best of them. I've forgotten a few things now and then but none of them are serious. So check and double check is my rule of thumb.
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:20 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerman View Post
I don't have a routine. Anybody can help me hook up and it doesn't distract me at all so I guess I must be different from everybody else here.
X2.
A quick glance shows anything wrong.
Isn't complicated.
My helper is 3, and she's very insistent. So we just work together on it.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:37 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy Dayton View Post
LIke they say in avaition, there are those that HAVE landed wheels up, and there are those that WILL land wheels up. . . My YL and I are writing up a "checklist" for our TT. . . Thank you for sharing and getting me off dead center. . .

Not me. Mine are welded down
Old 04-22-2021, 12:49 AM   #48

I do a walk-around every time I stop and get out of the TV.

Didn't once at WalMart and did not notice my generator was stolen until I stopped at a park for lunch and wanted to run the A/C.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:35 PM   #49

Previous camper oops...

Biggest oops I had was on our previous camper, Jayco Qwest 10x pop-up. Two years ago, we went camping in Traverse City, Michigan. In-laws we’re going to be in the next spot over. Brakes in father in law’s truck went out as he pulled into the spot. No damage there, but there’s my distraction. Got the pop up leveled, stabilized, and walked around to unlatch the roof. Forgot to unlatch one roof latch. Started cranking it up, and wife and FIL started yelling stop. Before I could crank back down, POP!!!!! Ended the trip with a 2x4 holding it up. Hadn’t use it since. Went to crank it up at home a couple weeks ago, and the other rail on the same side popped. Went to a local dealer and picked out 2021 Wildwood 26DBUD...
Coastiehockeyref is offline   Reply With Quote