RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2014, 09:06 PM   #2161
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneDude 8289 View Post
Finished loading clothes and misc pet supplies. Turned on the propane, got the fridg turned on, should be ready to load fridg in the morning and hook and book down the road. Headed for Memphis and Graceland. May spend a day or two in Little Rock AR area. Planing a two week trip, maybe longer.
You are a lucky person, That is great. I hope you guys have a wonderful time. By the way say HI to Elvis for me. I'm stuck at home and thinking of winter. Everything closes Saturday here in Virginia. That's State and COE camp grounds. I think they allow spaces 4 open at each CG but no utility's. I'll have to check on that. Even through your not coming this way but some others might be traveling SOUTH....
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #2162
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
I do have a question for anyone. I have what FR calls Cherry Wood cabinets. I'm tiring to find a stain the same color. I can't even get close. I want to use clear pine for the wood and tie it into the same as the rest. Has anyone know of a stain that would work? Thanks for your help it is driving me crazy to match it. FR will not sell it or supply it.
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #2163
Senior Member
 
hockeytownmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Lyon, MI
Posts: 1,126
I installed 2 UltraBreeze covers and a MaxxAir cover.
__________________
Kristina
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #2164
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I do have a question for anyone. I have what FR calls Cherry Wood cabinets. I'm tiring to find a stain the same color. I can't even get close. I want to use clear pine for the wood and tie it into the same as the rest. Has anyone know of a stain that would work? Thanks for your help it is driving me crazy to match it. FR will not sell it or supply it.

I dunno about the color, but gel stain is prolly the best choice. Prolly take several coats to get the pine very dark.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:21 AM   #2165
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 237
My guess it is not a stain but a dye and then a clear coat. If you have a woodcraft or other wood working store near you see them about a match. I do a lot of wood working and use dyes a lot. Much better look than stain. Most cherry finishes are not cherry at all but maple or alder made to look like what we perceive as cherry. Real cherry looks nothing like that.

Real cherry when first finished is light but naturally darkens over time. They don't have that kind of time os the simulate.
harderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:59 AM   #2166
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by harderd View Post
My guess it is not a stain but a dye and then a clear coat. If you have a woodcraft or other wood working store near you see them about a match. I do a lot of wood working and use dyes a lot. Much better look than stain. Most cherry finishes are not cherry at all but maple or alder made to look like what we perceive as cherry. Real cherry looks nothing like that.

Real cherry when first finished is light but naturally darkens over time. They don't have that kind of time os the simulate.
You are spot on! I think Glenn should rethink using the (Clear Pine),F/R uses a more (open grain) wood. I have a (Witch Doctor Brew) that I mixed up for small Wood repairs (Fake Cherry) in our unit. Close but NO cigar! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #2167
Senior Member
 
PhoneDude 8289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,177
Just as soon as I shut down this computer we will stock the fridg, hook up and add some miles to the RV, Memphis bound.
__________________
Joe & Beverly
2014 Ram 2500 CTD, CC, SB
2014 8289WS lifted
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #2168
Senior Member
 
Poppy94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 235
Well, finally had time to spend $20 & 1 hr to display pride, thanks to the forum for the excellent plans, this is great. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	464.8 KB
ID:	65396
Poppy94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #2169
Senior Member
 
Helmsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 848
I thought about it...wondered if the dealer has done anything in the 2 weeks they've had it.
__________________
2015 Chevy 3500HD
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #2170
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
You have to mix 2 and sometimes 3 different stains to get it close.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #2171
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You have to mix 2 and sometimes 3 different stains to get it close.
I had to mix 2 like you said, came out pretty close, It's the 12"x15" lamp table top that fits in between the recliners with the lamp mounted. I made it 30"x12" so I have some room and get that lamp farther back so it not in my face sitting in my chair. I'll put a satin top coat when it drys and then some butcher wax. Should work out just fine. Just don't understand why you can't get stain or something from FR to match? Or atleast tell me where and who the supplier was. I know they don't make them. Probably made in China like everything else. EXCEPT your quality poles and brackets. At least that's an american product......
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:40 PM   #2172
Senior Member
 
Lloydg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 700
Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
My trailer is in storage 600 miles away so and I can't do much to it, but found something else to do instead. Took my slider hitch apart and cleaned and lubricated all the moving components. It's all ready to hook up and head to Florida in January. Can't wait!
__________________

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #2173
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,428
Bought two Honda EU2000i generators, parallel kit and the extended run tank from our own MarkyMark. I can't wait to use them in the field!
__________________
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #2174
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 59
Thumbs down

Brought it home from a beautiful w/e trip. But on Sunday, looked up and noticed the skylight cover was missing. We had a run in with a falling limb a few weeks back and apparently cracked the cover. Good news was it was in the low 40's and the heater worked so well we did not notice the hole in the ceiling.
forthefunofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:53 PM   #2175
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
My trailer is in storage 600 miles away so and I can't do much to it, but found something else to do instead. Took my slider hitch apart and cleaned and lubricated all the moving components. It's all ready to hook up and head to Florida in January. Can't wait!
Lloydg, why is your storage 600 miles away? Just wondering.....
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:57 PM   #2176
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
Tried to trade it in on a Crusader 295 but dealer is offering very Low Bottom line Wholesale for mine, these things are as bad as cars and boats on trade ins


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #2177
Senior Member
 
Sharon455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 561
Stealth is sitting at dealership, looking for a new home. Hope somebody's looking for a sweet Toyhauler for their sand toys.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

Happiness is just a ride away!
Sharon455 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #2178
Senior Member
 
SKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Tried to trade it in on a Crusader 295 but dealer is offering very Low Bottom line Wholesale for mine, these things are as bad as cars and boats on trade ins


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Yeah, tired of FR and my dealers shenanigans I entered talks to trade out of it.

They offered me a very generous $20K depreciation hit. My unit is nine months old, $20K hit.
__________________
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #2179
Senior Member
 
Lloydg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 700
Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Lloydg, why is your storage 600 miles away? Just wondering.....
I live in Michigan and will be leaving for Florida in January. Took a fall trip to Kentucky and left it in Bowling Green for storage. Kind of working it down to Florida. Last year I left in a snow storm and hope to avoid that again. And besides, the cost of storage offsets much of the cost of gasoline to tow it back to Michigan and retracing my route in just a few months.
__________________

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #2180
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
I live in Michigan and will be leaving for Florida in January. Took a fall trip to Kentucky and left it in Bowling Green for storage. Kind of working it down to Florida. Last year I left in a snow storm and hope to avoid that again. And besides, the cost of storage offsets much of the cost of gasoline to tow it back to Michigan and retracing my route in just a few months.
That makes a lot of sense. I've considered something like that to stage mine closer to the west coast (I'm in MD) but the logistics don't work out as neatly as they do for you.
__________________
2008 FR Salem 26TBUD
2010 FR R-Pod 171 (2009-2015)
2010 Chevy Suburban
Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.