Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #361
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Well HALLELUJAH, congratulations. I know, it's only been a year and you didn't want to rush into it!
Shhhh. Don't speak, it makes you unattractive.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #362
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Shhhh. Don't speak, it makes you unattractive.
Now you have more storage area available.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #363
Site Team

Nice day to putt's on the rv

I denwinterized my unit today. I also got around to doing dry run of something I wanted to check out, jacking up my unit as if I had a flat. While I had the tire in the air I gave the bearings a few shots of grease.

Interesting enough was one of the tires sounds like it has a ping pong ball or a stone inside of it rolling around. Crazy huh...Needless to say nothing with rv's surprises me anymore.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #364
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
I denwinterized my unit today. I also got around to doing dry run of something I wanted to check out, jacking up my unit as if I had a flat. While I had the tire in the air I gave the bearings a few shots of grease.

Interesting enough was one of my tires sounds like it has a ping pong ball or a stone inside of it rolling around. Crazy huh...Needless to say nothing with rv's surprises me anymore.
If you've had the tires changed, it could be the broken end of a valve stem or just a rubber ball from the inside of the tire. Have seen both. Broken valve stem could of stuck to rim and when new tire was mounted, it fell out and the tech didn't notice, knocked it out and choose not to retrieve it.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #365
Site Team

Quote:
If you've had the tires changed, it could be the broken end of a valve stem or just a rubber ball from the inside of the tire. Have seen both. Broken valve stem could of stuck to rim and when new tire was mounted, it fell out and the tech didn't notice, knocked it out and choose not to retrieve it.
Never had any tire work done. Why would there be a rubber ball inside??
Do you think I need to dismount the tire?

Zelda the campin dog
Old 04-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #366
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Never had any tire work done. Why would there be a rubber ball inside??
Do you think I need to dismount the tire?
Tiny bits of rubber in a tire from making the tire will eventually roll together and make a ball.
Alot of time after a tire has been repaired and if it isn't cleaned out properly there will be oodles of little rubber balls rolling around

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:39 PM   #367
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Tiny bits of rubber in a tire from making the tire will eventually roll together and make a ball.
Alot of time after a tire has been repaired and if it isn't cleaned out properly there will be oodles of little rubber balls rolling around.TURBS
What Turbs said and the ball/s can certainly affect balance depending on their size assuming they are balanced. If not balanced, don't worry about it, you'll be replacing them soon.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #368

Well, I drove 70 miles to pick up the Sabre from warranty work (been 5 weeks when they said 2-3) only to find out they fixed the 6 easy things, but not the main item I wanted fixed! Poor service manager thought I was going to kick his ??? Right there in the lot. I am a patient person, and was quite calm about it. He thought I should take it home to use and reschedule another visit?!? It'll be fixed Monday morning and I'm planning to pick it up that afternoon. Sheeeeesh.

Sent by me
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:50 PM   #369
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Well, I drove 70 miles to pick up the Sabre from warranty work (been 5 weeks when they said 2-3) only to find out they fixed the 6 easy things, but not the main item I wanted fixed! Poor service manager thought I was going to kick his ??? Right there in the lot. I am a patient person, and was quite calm about it. He thought I should take it home to use and reschedule another visit?!? It'll be fixed Monday morning and I'm planning to pick it up that afternoon. Sheeeeesh.

Sent by me
Like most things in life...it's difficult to get dependable service done on time and as requested/expected...hope next week goes better for ya!

Old 04-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post

Sent by me
Whoo, yeah. I'd have his tail for that. My dealer is 80 miles, I would be more than hacked if I drove that far.

I put some clothes in, did a systems check and hooked the truck up. Tomorrow, we drive to camp for two days!

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:38 PM   #371

Got the new Maxxair fan from UPS van today planed to install this weekend..

I say "planed" because I was informed that the trailer and fan are going to the dealer for that to happen.

Guess I lost this mod....

So I put the box in the trailer...
Old 04-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #372

Installed our new 22 inch Samsung LED television in the bedroom to replace the 19 inch Jensen that shot craps after just two seasons.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #373
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Alot of time after a tire has been repaired and if it isn't cleaned out properly there will be oodles of little rubber balls rolling around

TURBS

Sabre owners united!
Quote:
What Turbs said and the ball/s can certainly affect balance depending on their size assuming they are balanced. If not balanced, don't worry about it, you'll be replacing them soon.
Thanks guys, The tires are tow max power kings. If I've done my homework right there supposed to be a good tire. This is season 2 and only about 1500 miles.
I know tires can be a big debate.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 04-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #374
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Thanks guys, The tires are tow max power kings. If I've done my homework right there supposed to be a good tire. This is season 2 and only about 1500 miles.
I know tires can be a big debate.
If they are not balanced, they will cup and eventually go bang. Doesn't take very long or very many miles. Got me the 1st time at less than 5,000 miles. $1800 damage and a set of replacement tires (GY Marathons LRD).
Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
Installed our new 22 inch Samsung LED television in the bedroom to replace the 19 inch Jensen that shot craps after just two seasons.
What happened to the Jensen? Our Jensen in our previous Lacrosse, had the sound crap out at the beginning of the 2nd season. It was working when I took it out in the spring to store it in the house. When I put it back in, in April.....no sound. Even though it was out of warranty, PT replaced it because it was still IN warranty the last time I used it. That's good customer service.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #376

Set it up for trip number 2

Sent from my LG-P769 using Forest River Forums mobile app
phillip252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #377

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
What happened to the Jensen? Our Jensen in our previous Lacrosse, had the sound crap out at the beginning of the 2nd season. It was working when I took it out in the spring to store it in the house. When I put it back in, in April.....no sound. Even though it was out of warranty, PT replaced it because it was still IN warranty the last time I used it. That's good customer service.
The Jensen television quit receiving over-the-air signals. It would display the picture when hooked up to cable but it would take a minute or three before it would display the picture. Almost as if it had to warm up before it would work.

Over-the-air was working when we stopped for the night in Memphis but after driving to Livingston, LA it no longer worked. I tried many times over the next 30 days while we were in Gulf Shores to get over-the-air working again but my efforts were all for naught.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #378

I know it doesn't sound like much...but we took the cover off the 5er. We are going camping next weekend. Gonna dewinterize and get the rig ready for a busy summer. We are going to spend a couple weeks in southern Utah and can't wait to be there. Happy camping!!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #379

First shake down on our used 05 Wildcat.

1. Couldn't flip switch on hot water heater. Had some electronics cleaner. Sprayed switch all around. Waited 10 minutes. Switch works again. Had to flip it several times to work freely.

2. Propane regulator switch was leaking. Replaced that.

Camping at Bull Shoals White River State Park, Arkansas. Got here last night, go home tomorrow. Only about 20 minutes from home.

First trip with our new/used 2011 F250 too. It's a gasser, 6.2L. It did fine, if you don't mind letting it rev when it wants too. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1397338070.907775.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	49693
pdoshier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 04:41 PM   #380

Had our final walk-through at the dealer this morning. Take delivery at our seasonal site in two weeks.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper