RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2015, 10:01 AM   #5841
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
I guess since the weather is 70 degrees here today, I'll give the 5er a bath and check my lugs, put a pump of grease in the bearings and check the air pressure in the tires. Getting ready to leave for Florida Thursday. Truck has been serviced already including new shoes. That hurt 946.00 for four new tires.
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:47 AM   #5842
Canadian Contingent
 
Dogpatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Euro-Recliner
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I guess since the weather is 70 degrees here today, I'll give the 5er a bath and check my lugs, put a pump of grease in the bearings and check the air pressure in the tires. Getting ready to leave for Florida Thursday. Truck has been serviced already including new shoes. That hurt 946.00 for four new tires.
Could be worse....you could own a Class A and spend $3500 on new shoes like I did many times.

I'm s-o-o-o glad I switched to truck and 5th wheel!
__________________
Les and Bonnie with 4 Leggers Bella and Shelby
2011 Cedar Creek Touring Edition 36RE 3 slide Full Body Paint pushing our 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 CCSB SRW - Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:11 AM   #5843
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,944
Finally received and setup my Sleep Number bed. That was a debacle of epic proportions.

In addition, I added a handful of grommets to run various power cords thru stuff. It's cheaper and easier (yet uglier) than actually installing new outlets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449997666.333479.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	96096
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:23 AM   #5844
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Finally received and setup my Sleep Number bed. That was a debacle of epic proportions.

In addition, I added a handful of grommets to run various power cords thru stuff. It's cheaper and easier (yet uglier) than actually installing new outlets.

Attachment 96096
Well how do you like the new sleep number bed, been thinking of doing the same, but never slept on one? Sometimes they have a pretty good sale on them. Everyone has to have a good nights sleep, for health reasons and many other benefits from it. we have gotten to the point that we can do nothing more to our bed and that just might be the answer..Let us know after a couple nights if it is worth it....
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:26 AM   #5845
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Could be worse....you could own a Class A and spend $3500 on new shoes like I did many times.

I'm s-o-o-o glad I switched to truck and 5th wheel!
Now that's big bucks to replace tires. And here I thought mine where bad....
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:36 AM   #5846
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well how do you like the new sleep number bed, been thinking of doing the same, but never slept on one? Sometimes they have a pretty good sale on them. Everyone has to have a good nights sleep, for health reasons and many other benefits from it. we have gotten to the point that we can do nothing more to our bed and that just might be the answer..Let us know after a couple nights if it is worth it....

Will do. Headed to sleep shortly. Good morning, btw!
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:12 AM   #5847
Senior Member
 
jlgail4309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 438
Went to the lake for a night !! It was 70 in OKLA !!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12363075_10203827295842670_6857609242601610466_o.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	504.5 KB
ID:	96097   Click image for larger version

Name:	12370818_10203827295922672_8372468942428675788_o.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	507.5 KB
ID:	96098   Click image for larger version

Name:	12374788_10203827295882671_7612646032857948029_o.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	96099   Click image for larger version

Name:	12378036_10203829924388382_7969864014990926203_o.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	96100  
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2013 Salem Cruise light 19bh
Hensley Cub hitch ,
jlgail4309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:08 PM   #5848
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well how do you like the new sleep number bed, been thinking of doing the same, but never slept on one? Sometimes they have a pretty good sale on them. Everyone has to have a good nights sleep, for health reasons and many other benefits from it. we have gotten to the point that we can do nothing more to our bed and that just might be the answer..Let us know after a couple nights if it is worth it....

Night #1 and I didn't wake up sore like I usually do. But one night is far from an extensive test. I'll update in a few weeks/months.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 04:03 PM   #5849
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Night #1 and I didn't wake up sore like I usually do. But one night is far from an extensive test. I'll update in a few weeks/months.
Thanks and glad you had a restful sleep...
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:52 PM   #5850
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Where ever the trailer is parked
Posts: 112
I have been sleeping on a Sleep Number bed for years. We tried a coil spring, then a memory foam, went back to a Sleep Number bed. I was the first thing I did when I bought my trailer. I went from a RV coil spring to a full size Queen Sleep Number bed. Sleep Number Co. has been real good to me, They even upgraded my air chambers to the zip together chambers, because sleeping by myself I have a tendency to sleep in the center and the air chambers would separate and I would end up on the base. I want the two chambers, just in case I find a woman that wants to be with me.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #5851
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Better keep memory foam on the sideline....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:10 PM   #5852
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Where ever the trailer is parked
Posts: 112
Today, I cut in a new 3" black water dump valve, and rotated the grey water valve to the outside so I will go through frame and got rid of the cables operated dump valves.
Ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:55 PM   #5853
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Got up this morning with a half pot of coffee brewed. Found out the 15 amp side of the 30-15 amp main breaker tripped. Reset it and no problems. Went to Lowes to get all new breakers and no luck. Ended up going to City Electric in Clermont, FL to get new ones. Told the mgr my tale of woe and showed him the dual breaker and told him it tripped for the first time in over 3 yrs and he laughed and said I was lucky it lasted a year. According to him Murray breakers are the worst on the market. Got new CH 15-15 (2), (1 spare) , 30-15 and a 15-20. $77.15 for 4 breakers. So quality does cost a little more.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:59 PM   #5854
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,644
Yeah, aint no cheap quality there. But hey, you'll never spend THAT $77 bucks again.. There can be no chance at not having the morning brew!
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #5855
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Posts: 9,206
X2! Bad, no coffee!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:59 PM   #5856
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I hear Glenn needs some spares OC...put together a care package
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:35 AM   #5857
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,270
Looks like Someone has Moved the Coffee Pot and Let His Wife have a Craft Area! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0332.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	431.9 KB
ID:	96285  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:56 AM   #5858
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Got up this morning with a half pot of coffee brewed. Found out the 15 amp side of the 30-15 amp main breaker tripped. Reset it and no problems. Went to Lowes to get all new breakers and no luck. Ended up going to City Electric in Clermont, FL to get new ones. Told the mgr my tale of woe and showed him the dual breaker and told him it tripped for the first time in over 3 yrs and he laughed and said I was lucky it lasted a year. According to him Murray breakers are the worst on the market. Got new CH 15-15 (2), (1 spare) , 30-15 and a 15-20. $77.15 for 4 breakers. So quality does cost a little more.

My GF's blow dryer keeps popping the one on my 2015 Roo 23IKSS can I replace that one with one from HD or Lowe's? Just making sure bc it pops my breaker as well


2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:03 AM   #5859
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Down size....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:07 AM   #5860
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Posts: 9,206
Each time you pop one it gets a little weaker. By all means replace with better quality.
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.