RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2016, 09:14 AM   #8401
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,467
Added a dehumidifier!!

Glorious.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #8402
Senior Member
 
Jhochst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 192
Added Green Mountain Grill davy crockett to camper set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469024375468.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	114737  
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:59 AM   #8403
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Added a dehumidifier!!

Glorious.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Is that to be used while camping or just for when it is storage between trips?
__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:37 PM   #8404
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhochst View Post
Added Green Mountain Grill davy crockett to camper set up.

Jhochst, I have a DC and love it.
__________________
Brian
2015 RAM 1500 Outdoorsman 5.7
itgoes211 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #8405
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr-G View Post
Got a few things done today.

Added a FanTastic Vent to the roof over the bathroom vent.

My LED light came for the porch light, swapped out the incandescent bulb, now all lights are LED.

I also noted the battery cutoff switch was loose. The dealer put it on with only two screws, the housing had 4 holes. One was tight, one looked like it broke off when they tightened it. When they installed it it was not level either, so I moved it 1/2" up and centered it drilled 4 new holes and secured it the way it was supposed to be in the first place.

-------------------------

Sunday, I added a cat-back exhaust system to the TV and have a K&N air intake coming for Friday.
Not to start an argument... The washable K&N filters let in dirt. OK you wont believe me. Run it 5-10K and wipe you hand inside the tube you will find dirt in the bends. I would have bet against it till I checked my last truck. I would not use it if they were free. Also you can call them if you doubt it.
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:14 PM   #8406
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Not to start an argument... The washable K&N filters let in dirt. OK you wont believe me. Run it 5-10K and wipe you hand inside the tube you will find dirt in the bends. I would have bet against it till I checked my last truck. I would not use it if they were free. Also you can call them if you doubt it.
Have run them on all my vehicles since 1978 and never had a problem. 78 Chevy truck, 81 El Camino, 83 Pontiac GP, 98 Pontiac GP, 95 Silverado, 2000 Silverado, 2003 DeVille, 2005 Silverado, 96 DeVille (TOWTA's old junker). If you clean them and re-oil them like the instructions, they work great, no dirt or dust downstream. Also ran them on fuel injected sprint car. Looking for one for my 2016 Cub Cadet.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:58 PM   #8407
Senior Member
 
Jhochst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 192
Taking off Thursday for 4 days, going to use it hard.



Quote:
Originally Posted by itgoes211 View Post
Jhochst, I have a DC and love it.
Jhochst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #8408
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Is that to be used while camping or just for when it is storage between trips?

We're camping, and it's been on steady, since we got it.
I would have thought, two ac units would pull more moisture out of the air...


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #8409
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
We're camping, and it's been on steady, since we got it.
I would have thought, two ac units would pull more moisture out of the air...

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
First its because of how air conditioners work. They work off temperature only. Too much air conditioning can cool off but not dry off enough. You might get it dryer running only one if you can. It will run longer and pull more moisture out of the air than 2 running less of the time. It's a balancing act.

And

It's because of how "leaky" RVs are. So many small holes to let the outside air in. And the door. Open the door for enough time to go in or out and that is a ton of air. In a house the air mass that comes in via an open door is a very small fraction of total air mass of the house. In an RV an open door to go in or out can dilute a sizeable amount of the air. And if that's not enough problems add the low insulation value in the walls and roof of an RV and it's a wonder we can cool 'em down, or dry them off at all.
__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:39 PM   #8410
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,644
The dehumidifier made all the difference in cooling for us.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #8411
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
The dehumidifier made all the difference in cooling for us.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7
Wonder what size dehumidifier each of you have and that versus how many cubic feet of space you have. Also HVAC size.
__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:02 PM   #8412
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,644
13.5 ac, 30 pint compressor type dehumidifier. Had from Lowes.
30 of trailer

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:00 PM   #8413
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
We're camping, and it's been on steady, since we got it.
I would have thought, two ac units would pull more moisture out of the air...


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Not sure I understand. Is it helping? Humidity dropping? Are you just wondering why it is pulling so much moisture when you have 2 AC units running doing a good job? What size is it? Pints?

I think I beat my own personal record of most questions asked in a single post. What do you think?
__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:01 PM   #8414
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
13.5 ac, 30 pint compressor type dehumidifier. Had from Lowes.
30 of trailer

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7
You got a good size dehumidifier.
__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:12 PM   #8415
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Have run them on all my vehicles since 1978 and never had a problem. 78 Chevy truck, 81 El Camino, 83 Pontiac GP, 98 Pontiac GP, 95 Silverado, 2000 Silverado, 2003 DeVille, 2005 Silverado, 96 DeVille (TOWTA's old junker). If you clean them and re-oil them like the instructions, they work great, no dirt or dust downstream. Also ran them on fuel injected sprint car. Looking for one for my 2016 Cub Cadet.

No Chrysler products???? Tisk. Tisk. Tisk.

For the record. I was told what to look for. Pulled my new/now used air filter(93 Dodge 5.9l diesel) and got really aggravated. Threw the $60 KN item where it belonged. Just my experience. To quote my old boss(Seal Power piston ring national sales manager). " It isn't the pine knots and rocks that wear out an engine....it's the talcum power dust."



Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:36 PM   #8416
Senior Member
 
Kenny kustom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Not sure I understand. Is it helping? Humidity dropping? Are you just wondering why it is pulling so much moisture when you have 2 AC units running doing a good job? What size is it? Pints?

I think I beat my own personal record of most questions asked in a single post. What do you think?

25 pint.
Helping tremendously.
It was so damp in here, but it is almost 100% humidity outside.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
__________________
2017 Dynamax Isata 4
Kenny kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:57 PM   #8417
Senior Member
 
Evereddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pfafftown NC
Posts: 2,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
25 pint.
Helping tremendously.
It was so damp in here, but it is almost 100% humidity outside.


2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Great, thanks for the info. We are thinking of getting one but mostly to use when the camper is parked at home not being used. We have a small camper but sitting here at home it does get humid and we would like to keep it in good shape.
__________________
There are 10 types of people in the world.
Those that know binary, and those that don't.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:16 AM   #8418
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 260
Packing for a four day stay at Nashville North KOA. Friends coming in from Atlanta with their new Tiffin.
ccsvolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 09:19 AM   #8419
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
No Chrysler products???? Tisk. Tisk. Tisk.

For the record. I was told what to look for. Pulled my new/now used air filter(93 Dodge 5.9l diesel) and got really aggravated. Threw the $60 KN item where it belonged. Just my experience. To quote my old boss(Seal Power piston ring national sales manager). " It isn't the pine knots and rocks that wear out an engine....it's the talcum power dust."
If you don't clean, dry and re-oil them as per instructions, I imagine you would get dust, etc, downstream.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #8420
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 201
The biggest issue with k&n filters happens when people over oil them.
atcbrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.