RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2017, 09:54 PM   #9501
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Homosassa Florida
Posts: 48
Bought a 320 series ceramic domestic toilet to replace 300 series plastic toilet. Will install when we get home in April. New grand son turned us into reverse snow birds. Florida to Michigan. Brr lol.
bowebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #9502
Senior Member
 
Coolharts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Siler City,NC
Posts: 439
With the help of a farmer across the street my new 2nd A/C is on the roof and mounted on the camper, tractors and buckets are great things to have around.


I learned that when you are installing an A/C and connecting it to ducts you need a control assy AND thermostat. I was unaware the controller was needed and thus I didn't have the correct hold down bolts. Lowes had the bolts but I have ordered the controller and thermostat kit that has the correct bolts.
__________________
2017 Surveyor 33RETS with Residential Refrigerator and Inverter
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L 2WD
Nights Camped 2016 27, 2017 29
2018 25 2019 25
2020 22
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:35 PM   #9503
Senior Member
 
rmac04401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Franklin County, PA
Posts: 2,858
Made new knife rack for my knives. Just need to stain and mount it
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1485743707.173887.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	128878
__________________
2019 Puma XLE 27QBC Toy Hauler
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2012 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:50 PM   #9504
Senior Member
 
SailorSam20500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Installed my second keyless RV lock. Apparently my wife called up the in-laws back on Black Friday and told them it was a great sale. They finally met us in Florida and we had our Christmas together. Now I have keyless locks on both doors!
.
Are both doors controlled by a single keypad? Or do you have two pads and a different code for each door?

I've bought 1 V3 and thought about getting two, but wasn't sure how far the unlock signal would carry. Like the idea of keeping one of the keypads in case the tape doesn't hold and it fall off on a drive.
__________________
Al
Save the Earth. Itís the only known planet with Beer.
There are times where my greatest accomplishment is keeping my mouth shut...

S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #9505
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolharts View Post
With the help of a farmer across the street my new 2nd A/C is on the roof and mounted on the camper, tractors and buckets are great things to have around.


I learned that when you are installing an A/C and connecting it to ducts you need a control assy AND thermostat. I was unaware the controller was needed and thus I didn't have the correct hold down bolts. Lowes had the bolts but I have ordered the controller and thermostat kit that has the correct bolts.
Which unit did you install?
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:12 PM   #9506
Senior Member
 
Mtnman64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 159
New drawers on the 2400W

Having seen all the folks that had replaced their pantry shelves with drawers, today I installed the Sterilight plastic drawers to make the wife a happy camper. It was a cheap, easy upgrade, that will make the wife happy for years to come. Thanks to all, for sharing their ideas for the rest of us to learn from !!
Mtnman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:18 PM   #9507
Senior Member
 
Tapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Farmer
Posts: 2,808
Thanks to ADCO , cover works great! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170128_171043936.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	128886
__________________
2016 Coachmen Apex 250RLS Ultra Light
'19 Ram Big Horn Sport Longhorn
Tapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:00 PM   #9508
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Are both doors controlled by a single keypad? Or do you have two pads and a different code for each door?

I've bought 1 V3 and thought about getting two, but wasn't sure how far the unlock signal would carry. Like the idea of keeping one of the keypads in case the tape doesn't hold and it fall off on a drive.

Both of mine are V4 with the integrated keypads. I've also never used the remote key fob after the first week.

I personally have a key hidden outside in the highly unlikely case that the battery dies while we are gone and I don't have keys with me.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:39 PM   #9509
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 497
I had a vent cover break so I was getting water inside my rv but not much so I replace all of them and this was over my bathroom.



So I said what the heck I'm going to replace everything.


Now install

__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Retired Army MSG.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:43 PM   #9510
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 497
More.




So I have three vents and I replace all of them and I'm glad I did it. This is a mod I think that everybody should think about doing, now I can open my vent even when going down the road. The bigger one is my ac but the other are all new.

__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Retired Army MSG.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:45 PM   #9511
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 497
This is the old one.

This new one which is better.
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Retired Army MSG.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:06 AM   #9512
Senior Member
 
Tapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Farmer
Posts: 2,808
Shazam ! Awesome job!
__________________
2016 Coachmen Apex 250RLS Ultra Light
'19 Ram Big Horn Sport Longhorn
Tapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:22 AM   #9513
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I had a vent cover break so I was getting water inside my rv but not much so I replace all of them and this was over my bathroom.



So I said what the heck I'm going to replace everything.


Now install




I have those covers over mine they are great but collect leaves so have to open outside covers once in a while and clean out leaves and little helicopter thingies.
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:10 AM   #9514
Senior Member
 
Coolharts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Siler City,NC
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Which unit did you install?
I bought a Dometic Brisk II 13.5 unit off of Amazon from a dealer in FL with free shipping. The thing was packaged tight and no damage occurred.

It was in the 40s on Sat with a little wind. My son and I unboxed the unit on the roof, cutting the box around the unit. Cleaning the leveling stuff was not too bad but when I found there were no bolts I needed to do something. I learned that the bolts were in the kit I didn't have so I made due.
__________________
2017 Surveyor 33RETS with Residential Refrigerator and Inverter
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L 2WD
Nights Camped 2016 27, 2017 29
2018 25 2019 25
2020 22
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:36 AM   #9515
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 609
I have been fussing around installing insect screening on exterior vents for my furnace, refrigerator, and water heater.

CAMCO screens for the furnace and refrigerator seem OK although the refrigerator screens are a fiddly pain in the ass to trim and fit correctly (a bench grinder was really helpful) and the provided tie wraps are useless; I wound up using 0.032" stainless safety wire instead.

CAMCO screens for my Dometic six gallon water heater proved to be marginal to useless. There are a 4 x 4" set of louvers and a 5 x 6 3/4" coarse mesh that want to be screened and none of the stuff CAMCO offers seems to be the right size. I suspect that I'll wind up fashioning something out of 1/8" hardware cloth.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:21 PM   #9516
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryanpeters View Post
I have been fussing around installing insect screening on exterior vents for my furnace, refrigerator, and water heater.

CAMCO screens for the furnace and refrigerator seem OK although the refrigerator screens are a fiddly pain in the ass to trim and fit correctly (a bench grinder was really helpful) and the provided tie wraps are useless; I wound up using 0.032" stainless safety wire instead.

CAMCO screens for my Dometic six gallon water heater proved to be marginal to useless. There are a 4 x 4" set of louvers and a 5 x 6 3/4" coarse mesh that want to be screened and none of the stuff CAMCO offers seems to be the right size. I suspect that I'll wind up fashioning something out of 1/8" hardware cloth.


Yeah, I install some on mines also and I figure that they are better than nothing.
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Retired Army MSG.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:22 PM   #9517
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Don't forget the A/C cover...
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:38 PM   #9518
Senior Member
 
Big1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 497
They make one for that to? Oh more money, more money.
__________________
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
Retired Army MSG.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:39 PM   #9519
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I cut alum screening to do mine......There's a fan up there that gets used as a merry go round....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:41 PM   #9520
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Lowe's or HD.....cheap
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.