RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2017, 02:02 AM   #9541
Senior Member
 
dea49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Wow new flooring and carpet massive undertaking no? Hope it is all worth the work especially having to rip everything apart
Carpet was left over from our home two years ago, so that's free. Laminate wood flooring was from Lowes at .99 sq ft, so real cheap.

Really had to do it because of a leak down the vent pipe had created a weak spot in the hallway. Started out as a small cut in the vinyl to try a simple repair but once opened up I found some mold. Treated it, dried it out and began to peel it up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030675-resized.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	129136   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030676-resized.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	129137   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030678-resized.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	129138  
__________________
2007 Rockwood UltraLite 2603
2006 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Super Duty 6.0 diesel 4X4
dea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:56 AM   #9542
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
I used alum screening and alum tape for heater ducks
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:20 AM   #9543
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by dea49 View Post
Carpet was left over from our home two years ago, so that's free. Laminate wood flooring was from Lowes at .99 sq ft, so real cheap.

Really had to do it because of a leak down the vent pipe had created a weak spot in the hallway. Started out as a small cut in the vinyl to try a simple repair but once opened up I found some mold. Treated it, dried it out and began to peel it up.


Oh so you were able to repair it without pulling up the furniture and cabinets, nice. I always liked the white cabinets in RV's always wondered why they moved away from it since it is much easier to repair then dark wood.
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #9544
Senior Member
 
dea49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Oh so you were able to repair it without pulling up the furniture and cabinets, nice.
Actually no, I removed the stand alone cabinets but left the floor to ceiling ones alone. I just cut the vinyl to the edge of each wall to expose the underfloor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I always liked the white cabinets in RV's always wondered why they moved away from it since it is much easier to repair then dark wood.
The white cabinets usually were shrink covered with a thin vinyl that is very durable but over time the vinyl would shrink even further, wrinkle and peel. I had to hand peel the vinyl veneer completely off, prime and paint all wood surfaces with three coats of paint. It was very time consuming but looks great now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030434-resized.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	129153   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030435-resized.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	129154   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030442-resized.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	129155   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030452-resized.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	129156   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030461-resized.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	129157  

__________________
2007 Rockwood UltraLite 2603
2006 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Super Duty 6.0 diesel 4X4
dea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #9545
Senior Member
 
dea49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 454
The new wood flooring and carpet are cut to fit and am taking a break before I cut the transitions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030844-resized.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	129158   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030845-resized.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	129159   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030846-resized.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	129160  
__________________
2007 Rockwood UltraLite 2603
2006 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Super Duty 6.0 diesel 4X4
dea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:33 PM   #9546
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Look'n good!....
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:55 PM   #9547
Senior Member
 
dea49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 454
Installed the transitions, now time to put back the furniture and end cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030847-resized.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	129173   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030849-resized.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	129174  
__________________
2007 Rockwood UltraLite 2603
2006 F350 Lariat Crew Cab Super Duty 6.0 diesel 4X4
dea49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #9548
Senior Member
 
Coolharts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Siler City,NC
Posts: 439
I finished installing my second A/C. I installed a separate thermostat and hooked it to the ducts.


I also installed 2 new coat hooks and tested the furnace, man did that thing stink on start up!
__________________
2017 Surveyor 33RETS with Residential Refrigerator and Inverter
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L 2WD
Nights Camped 2016 27, 2017 29
2018 25 2019 25
2020 22
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:42 PM   #9549
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Ahhh, the smell of new!...lol
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:46 PM   #9550
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by dea49 View Post
Actually no, I removed the stand alone cabinets but left the floor to ceiling ones alone. I just cut the vinyl to the edge of each wall to expose the underfloor.



The white cabinets usually were shrink covered with a thin vinyl that is very durable but over time the vinyl would shrink even further, wrinkle and peel. I had to hand peel the vinyl veneer completely off, prime and paint all wood surfaces with three coats of paint. It was very time consuming but looks great now.


Looks really nice, love the white cabinets, even thinking of pulling g mine down and staining them the Expresso color but that is a lot of work
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:47 PM   #9551
Senior Member
 
SailorSam20500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 3,367
dea49 Nice job! If I need this kind of work, I'm going to have to visit you!

I paid a visit to mine, measured the outside steps. Planning to install carpet on them. Now I have to decide if I should get some carpet, cut to size and glue/stick it to the steps as is or put some grommets in the carpet and wrap around the step and tie/ bungee them on.

Checked the battery, solar tender is keeping it well charged. Will need to add a little water before taking her out for our next trip.

Continuing to hate the cold weather!
__________________
Al
Save the Earth. Its the only known planet with Beer.
There are times where my greatest accomplishment is keeping my mouth shut...

S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #9552
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,852
Finished up my "tile" backsplash today. DW picked out the color and wanted to keep the piece behind the stove. I agree with the color choice it goes with some other stuff in the trailer.
Before
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1486337357.029937.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	129262
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1486337378.629481.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	129263
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1486337398.881948.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	129264

After
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1486337430.035954.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	129265
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1486337445.685458.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	129266
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1486337465.093615.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	129267

And in bath
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1486337490.629744.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	129268




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #9553
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Finished up my "tile" backsplash today. DW picked out the color and wanted to keep the piece behind the stove. I agree with the color choice it goes with some other stuff in the trailer.
Before
Attachment 129262
Attachment 129263
Attachment 129264

After
Attachment 129265
Attachment 129266
Attachment 129267

And in bath
Attachment 129268




Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums


Nice but which trailer is that and what model I love the cabinets....good job and I like that color tile you chose
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:20 PM   #9554
Senior Member
 
Coolharts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Siler City,NC
Posts: 439
Resecured my dinette table using plastic anchors, dealer was supposed to fix it being loose. I also hung up 2 coat hooks near the door for dog leashes etc.
__________________
2017 Surveyor 33RETS with Residential Refrigerator and Inverter
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L 2WD
Nights Camped 2016 27, 2017 29
2018 25 2019 25
2020 22
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:32 PM   #9555
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Nice but which trailer is that and what model I love the cabinets....good job and I like that color tile you chose

Thank you for the kind words. It is a 2017 Puma Palomino 297RLSS. They call the color espresso. I ended up with Crystiles brand tiles. DW chose the color and the reviews were better than most and 1/2 price of smart tiles. Time will tell.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #9556
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Thank you for the kind words. It is a 2017 Puma Palomino 297RLSS. They call the color espresso. I ended up with Crystiles brand tiles. DW chose the color and the reviews were better than most and 1/2 price of smart tiles. Time will tell.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums


I was just looking at that exact model, what we like is the TV is close to the Sofa and Theatre Seats but the cabinet color and newer bathroom it has.
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #9557
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I was just looking at that exact model, what we like is the TV is close to the Sofa and Theatre Seats but the cabinet color and newer bathroom it has.

We like the idea that several people can see the TV without having an odd angle. To me...you get a lot of trailer for the money with the Puma. We had a 295BHSS and liked it, but there was less living/floor space and this one has a larger counter space. The kids miss the bunk house, but we found we had less overnight people than we anticipated. There is enough open floor to put an air mattress on the floor if needed.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:18 AM   #9558
Senior Member
 
Coolharts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Siler City,NC
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
We like the idea that several people can see the TV without having an odd angle. To me...you get a lot of trailer for the money with the Puma. We had a 295BHSS and liked it, but there was less living/floor space and this one has a larger counter space. The kids miss the bunk house, but we found we had less overnight people than we anticipated. There is enough open floor to put an air mattress on the floor if needed.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
We traded the Puma for the Surveyor because of space, the bunkhouse really eats up the living space. The kids use the pull out and an air mattress, stuff stows away during the day and leaves a bunch of room.
__________________
2017 Surveyor 33RETS with Residential Refrigerator and Inverter
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L 2WD
Nights Camped 2016 27, 2017 29
2018 25 2019 25
2020 22
Coolharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:44 AM   #9559
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
We like the idea that several people can see the TV without having an odd angle. To me...you get a lot of trailer for the money with the Puma. We had a 295BHSS and liked it, but there was less living/floor space and this one has a larger counter space. The kids miss the bunk house, but we found we had less overnight people than we anticipated. There is enough open floor to put an air mattress on the floor if needed.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums


For us it is just the wife and I and having a sofa couch that sleeps two is good if we ever get company. We are passed the kids scenario, all four boys 21-25 so we are done with that and only one grand daughter who is just 1.

How is the storage outside though, looks like there is less then most fifth wheels but I really do like the layout it is like my 2012 Shasta Revere 27rlss. We find most layout like this put the TV all the way over by the Dinette which doesn't make sense. We are looking at Used PT Crusaders 2013-2015 for mid to high $20's but the fact I can order one brand new from RVW for less than $26K might just be worth it.
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #9560
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
For us it is just the wife and I and having a sofa couch that sleeps two is good if we ever get company. We are passed the kids scenario, all four boys 21-25 so we are done with that and only one grand daughter who is just 1.

How is the storage outside though, looks like there is less then most fifth wheels but I really do like the layout it is like my 2012 Shasta Revere 27rlss. We find most layout like this put the TV all the way over by the Dinette which doesn't make sense. We are looking at Used PT Crusaders 2013-2015 for mid to high $20's but the fact I can order one brand new from RVW for less than $26K might just be worth it.

I don't know anything about the PTs. I am strange...I like metal sides(scared to death of Delam) so I prefer metal. That is a great limiting factor. Has to be on budget...enter Puma. I really haven't heard anyone bad mouth Puma, but lots of praising. Be advised...it's an entry level trailer. Lol. Long story on forum.
I don't have any pics of pass through storage. It was about twice as big as I thought. I will take a couple pics for you....prolly be in the morrow as I won't be home tonight.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.