RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #1021
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Had to replace the RF LED controller for our awning lights. Old one just quit working. Replaced battery in the remote and still nothing.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:21 PM   #1022
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Had to replace the RF LED controller for our awning lights. Old one just quit working. Replaced battery in the remote and still nothing.
I have a spare. You want it now or wait till Goshen?
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #1023
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Had to replace the RF LED controller for our awning lights. Old one just quit working. Replaced battery in the remote and still nothing.
I bought 3 being they came from China, you want it sent? Since herk didn't know you are NOT GOING to Goshen?....... I'm here you OLD GOAT, once again to save that old you know what.
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #1024
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
I have a spare. You want it now or wait till Goshen?
Thanks, but not going to Goshen. I ordered 2 last week and they came in yesterday, so I have a spare. I have a couple of the IF controllers I should dispose of as I don't like them.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #1025
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I bought 3 being they came from China, you want it sent? Since herk didn't know you are NOT GOING to Goshen?....... I'm here you OLD GOAT, once again to save that old you know what.
Thanks for the offer Glenn, but I have a spare now.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:33 PM   #1026
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
I have a spare. You want it now or wait till Goshen?
Oh, I forgot. Still sad about that.
If you still need it I can mail it tomorrow.
Lou
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #1027
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Thanks, but not going to Goshen. I ordered 2 last week and they came in yesterday, so I have a spare. I have a couple of the IF controllers I should dispose of as I don't like them.
Don't do that. I lost my 44 key IR remote (somewhere) and had to order a new set from "over there" to even get my lights to work at all.

Having a backup is so cheap it does not pay not to have one or two.
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #1028
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Oh, I forgot. Still sad about that.
If you still need it I can mail it tomorrow.
Lou
Appreciate the offer Lou, but we got it handled. Tell Ms. Laura Hi and give her a hug.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #1029
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Don't do that. I lost my 44 key IR remote (somewhere) and had to order a new set from "over there" to even get my lights to work at all.

Having a backup is so cheap it does not pay not to have one or two.
LOL, want me to mail you the IF controllers? I'll never use them.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:40 PM   #1030
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Thanks for the offer Glenn, but I have a spare now.
Ya okay, I don't care about you but will miss seeing Frankie. Just made reservations for Nashville on the way home on Music city rd. Right next to the old grand opera house.....
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #1031
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
LOL, want me to mail you the IF controllers? I'll never use them.
No, I have a spare now. But thanks pal. Toss a remote in your tool bag in case we run into each other on the road. I have a receiver with no transmitter ATM.
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #1032
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 71
Hey papa smurff what did that set you back...we have a sandpiper 360 pdek and we are considering adding it to our unit


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Tm_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #1033
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
Sooooo....

What I did this week:

All exterior lights are now LED; they were a MESS when opened.

While doing it, I answered the eternal question of what that thing is in the top center of the rear cap. It is a vent for the radio compartment in my camper.

I removed a burned up shore power socket (made the mistake of using the air conditioner without twisting the cord to lock it in place) and replaced it.

Replaced the Current Limiter under the pin box cause it looked like it needed it visually (I was right!)

I installed 8 USB charging stations that can be switched from Shore Power to Inverter.

And finally, mounted the Cell phone booster and WiFi repeater/router.

All in all a good week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5737.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	56445   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5740.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	56446   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5741.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	56447   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5739.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	56448   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5742.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	56449  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5743.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	56450   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5746.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	56451   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5747.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	56452   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5750.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	56453  
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #1034
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I think Tm_rich actually meant the user PapaSmurf and the Onan Generator:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post644295
Excuse me, fixed.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #1035
Senior Member
 
LKicklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CHATSWORTH, GA.
Posts: 1,121
TRAY/RACK

VERY NICE JOB NEIL..can't wait to getr back to georgia, got so many ideas from this alaska trip...firstr one is, make a hoist to get the gen set into the forward compartment after each use. May have found a way to actually use it while still in the compartment. Also, some kind of heating while boondocking in the outbacks in the winter...kickster




Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
If you get the garage door track with the angle riveted on it, you have to take the track off and put the angle down so the rounded part of the track is down so you can screw the angle down to the floor. You would have to use carriage bolts to attach the angle so the bolt heads don't interfere with the rollers. You also have to be able to anchor the rollers so they don't tip. If you can anchor the rollers to the plywood, you should be able to do it. I welded the track and made the frame out of 1-1/2" x 1/8" angle and welded everything. Here are pictures of Glenn Jurcyzk's rack.
__________________
2500HD 6.0 Gas/Ext. Cab
2011 Crusader 270RET
2003 Sunnybrook T/T 30FIS
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #1036
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 22,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
VERY NICE JOB NEIL..can't wait to getr back to georgia, got so many ideas from this alaska trip...firstr one is, make a hoist to get the gen set into the forward compartment after each use. May have found a way to actually use it while still in the compartment. Also, some kind of heating while boondocking in the outbacks in the winter...kickster
Be VERY careful. Many folks have been killed by Carbon Monoxide from generator exhaust from generators run within 3 feet of the camper/tent.

Running inside the storage bin will require a carefully sealed exhaust system that vents above the camper or never consider opening a window near the exhaust if ported directly outside.

This has such horrible consequences if gotten wrong, I don't even want to search for examples. Too much of a buzz kill...
__________________
Lou, Laura, & Freya the wonder dog
2008 GMC Sierra 3000HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2019 Flagstaff 8529FLS - Pullrite 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #1037
Senior Member
 
QCCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Be VERY careful. Many folks have been killed by Carbon Monoxide from generator exhaust from generators run within 3 feet of the camper/tent.

Running inside the storage bin will require a carefully sealed exhaust system that vents above the camper or never consider opening a window near the exhaust if ported directly outside.

This has such horrible consequences if gotten wrong, I don't even want to search for examples. Too much of a buzz kill...
Couldn't agree with you more Herk!
__________________
Jack of all trades - Master of none
2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2014 Sabre 36QBOK
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #1038
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
I sure wouldn't want to do it for 2 reasons, the main one is the exhaust and the other would be the noise/heat. To me, generators should be at least 500' from campers in a sound proof enclosure.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 04:08 AM   #1039
Senior Member
 
PapaSmurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mount Juliet, TN
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tm_rich View Post
Hey papa smurff what did that set you back...we have a sandpiper 360 pdek and we are considering adding it to our unit


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Gave $1,200 for the generator (used) and probably $600 for all the supplies to install.

We have been using a Honda 3000 on the rear bumper for a couple of years, decided to upgrade so we could run both A/C's.
__________________
2011 Ram Truck 2500, Crew Cab, 6.7L CTD, 4X4, 3.73 Rear
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:41 AM   #1040
Senior Member
 
Big Bad Allis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 122
JT Strongarm Stabilizers

I added JT Strongarm stabilizers on the 5th wheels front landing gear and the rear stabilizers. Made a huge difference in the felt shaking movement when the kids run around.
__________________
Jason
2012 F350 SRW Powerstroke
2011 Acadia Denali
2014 Montana 356TBF
Big Bad Allis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 PM.