RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 03:43 PM   #10861
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Eastampton, NJ
Posts: 453
Nice looking faucet
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:26 AM   #10862
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I realize you said seasonal site so I'm not sure how often you visit or whether you have a R/V type refrigerator or a residential style?

With that said.... many of us with the R/V style, turn the refrigerator to 'Auto' and leave the LP supply on. That way, if the power goes out, the fridge switches to LP and continues to operate. You will need to leave the LP supply on when gone. When the power comes back on, it automatically goes back to electric operation.
X2... gas for power outages and travel
PapaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:50 AM   #10863
Senior Member
 
Tapex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Farmer
Posts: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand2328 View Post
Nice looking faucet
ThanksClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170625-170443.png
Views:	173
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	143002
__________________
2016 Coachmen Apex 250RLS Ultra Light
'19 Ram Big Horn Sport Longhorn
Tapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:35 AM   #10864
Canadian Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaE View Post
X2... gas for power outages and travel
The debate about whether or not to leave the LP on for travel is an old one. I've always done it myself but at a seminar at the recent FROG Canada 150 Rally, the tech said you don't need to leave the LP on. I'm going to experiment with leaving it off and see if there is any significant increase in the temp in the refrigerator. I'll just make sure that its good and cold before I head out.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Signature 8290BS, Reese Revolution pinbox and B&W Patriot 18K hitch
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:56 AM   #10865
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
The debate about whether or not to leave the LP on for travel is an old one. I've always done it myself but at a seminar at the recent FROG Canada 150 Rally, the tech said you don't need to leave the LP on. I'm going to experiment with leaving it off and see if there is any significant increase in the temp in the refrigerator. I'll just make sure that its good and cold before I head out.


Of course you don't NEED to leave it on... unless of course you want to run your refrigerator.

Some folks drive for 8 hours or more in the summer heat. Me thinks you need to keep the refrigerator going, which means LP on.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:15 PM   #10866
Canadian Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
Of course you don't NEED to leave it on... unless of course you want to run your refrigerator.

Some folks drive for 8 hours or more in the summer heat. Me thinks you need to keep the refrigerator going, which means LP on.
I guess whether or not you "need" to leave the LP on depends on how much temperature rise you can tolerate.

My post was just to say that I'll be experimenting with leaving it off this summer to see what kind of temp increases we see. Of course, I don't live in the southern U.S. where temps regularly get up to 100F or higher.

For us, for how long we travel in a day, and for our ambient air temps rarely getting up to 100F, we might not need to leave it on.

I wonder if anyone here has done an 8 hour travel day in 100F heat without the refrigerator running on LP to see what kind of temp rise you'd get in your refrigerator.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Signature 8290BS, Reese Revolution pinbox and B&W Patriot 18K hitch
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:23 PM   #10867
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,269
If your Not going to use your refer as designed just get a "Ice Box"! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:25 PM   #10868
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
If your Not going to use your refef as designed just get a "Ice Box"! Youroo!!


Exactly.

A cooler full of ice will fare better than the refrigerator turned off.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #10869
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
The debate about whether or not to leave the LP on for travel is an old one. I've always done it myself but at a seminar at the recent FROG Canada 150 Rally, the tech said you don't need to leave the LP on. I'm going to experiment with leaving it off and see if there is any significant increase in the temp in the refrigerator. I'll just make sure that its good and cold before I head out.
Get one of these. Put the readout in your TV and you can monitor the temps as you drive.



https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...rts/1040496481
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #10870
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 12,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I guess whether or not you "need" to leave the LP on depends on how much temperature rise you can tolerate.

My post was just to say that I'll be experimenting with leaving it off this summer to see what kind of temp increases we see. Of course, I don't live in the southern U.S. where temps regularly get up to 100F or higher.

For us, for how long we travel in a day, and for our ambient air temps rarely getting up to 100F, we might not need to leave it on.

I wonder if anyone here has done an 8 hour travel day in 100F heat without the refrigerator running on LP to see what kind of temp rise you'd get in your refrigerator.
When we lived in FL I did several experiments with the fridge on and off.
After about three hours, the temps start to climb really quickly once the fridge is off. You might extend that a bit using ice blocks but like youroo pointed out... at that point you may as well just pack your stuff in a cooler.

Weekend camping close to home isn't much of a problem, but I leave mine running for any trips over two hours.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:41 PM   #10871
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
When we lived in FL I did several experiments with the fridge on and off.
After about three hours, the temps start to climb really quickly once the fridge is off. You might extend that a bit using ice blocks but like youroo pointed out... at that point you may as well just pack your stuff in a cooler.

Weekend camping close to home isn't much of a problem, but I leave mine running for any trips over two hours.
X2. We've been OK going from campground to home at about 4 hrs.
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:55 PM   #10872
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
We start ours at home 1-2 days before we leave, hooked up to 50 amp at home with LP on in case power goes out, then we leave it on until we get to cg then hook up to 50.

When we get home we empty it right away and let it warm up after we turn it off and the LP. I then put the clips on after it defrosts to keep the moisture and mold out
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:01 PM   #10873
Canadian Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,276
5picker and rockfordroo, thanks for the actual experience feedback. We normally don't camp more than 4-5 hours from home - usually only 2-3 hours.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Signature 8290BS, Reese Revolution pinbox and B&W Patriot 18K hitch
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:28 PM   #10874
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 7,151
I added a new toad vehicle!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6386.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	352.8 KB
ID:	143037
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon toad
Nights Camped 2019 - 17
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:58 PM   #10875
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I added a new toad vehicle!Attachment 143037


Nice
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #10876
Member
 
sinjin79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I added a new toad vehicle!Attachment 143037

Well played.

Can't let my wife see it. She really likes the white jeeps.

Myself today, I am adjusting the height of my slides, checking engine fluids, checking tire pressure, checking on board fresh water quality, and doing a seal inspection. Getting her ready for this weekend camping trip.
__________________
Dana & Tracy Ferrell
Children - Danica and Brooks
Home = Charleston, WV
2005 Coachmen Santara 3690ts
Weekend camping
Sports media business use.
sinjin79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:05 PM   #10877
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 7,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinjin79 View Post
Well played.



Can't let my wife see it. She really likes the white jeeps.



Myself today, I am adjusting the height of my slides, checking engine fluids, checking tire pressure, checking on board fresh water quality, and doing a seal inspection. Getting her ready for this weekend camping trip.


Dealer looked out 1000 miles and a white manual Recon didn't exist. Ordered one and it was here in 17 days!
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon toad
Nights Camped 2019 - 17
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #10878
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Danville, IL
Posts: 300
Got our 5th wheel washed and ready for Wisconsin in 2 days
__________________
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2013 F-450
emtp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:31 PM   #10879
Who Dares, Wins
 
doc73's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chester County, PA
Posts: 6,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I added a new toad vehicle!Attachment 143037
Nice I miss my Jeep.
__________________

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 08:38 PM   #10880
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,317
Nice !
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2013 Crusader 295RST Touring Edition
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.