RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 09-26-2017, 03:34 PM   #11661

Your a funny man🤣

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forest River Forums mobile app

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #11662

Didn't copy my quote, meant for Espendydad, funniest man on this forum

Old 09-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #11663

Tire change yesterday andin travel day today. We’ll stop every 40-50 miles until my nuts stop taking torque.

1 down so far...

Old 09-26-2017, 04:34 PM   #11664
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Didn't copy my quote, meant for Espendydad, funniest man on this forum

Damn. I thought you were talking about me.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #11665

Finished backfilling trench for power and water to the R-Pod. Now I need to install a disconnect and a junction box at the garage end, order some wire, and pull it through the conduit.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:10 PM   #11666

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2pfunk View Post
Well, the battery disconnect didn't even last two months.
Buy one of the BlueSea ones.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/cat...tches/m-Series
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:43 PM   #11667

Made cabinet doors to access the front of our island. Not the best stain match but it will do. Now I have a spot to put the trash can in. Before, I only had access on the other side, through 8" doors, way down on the floor. Had to get down on all fours to get anything in or out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	347.4 KB
ID:	152600   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0761.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	152601  

2013 Rockwood 8289WS
2017 F350 6.7 PS extra cab long bed
Curt G25 hitch
Days camping 2016 - 26
canterburyshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:14 PM   #11668

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryanpeters View Post
Finished backfilling trench for power and water to the R-Pod. Now I need to install a disconnect and a junction box at the garage end, order some wire, and pull it through the conduit.

Great, got my wire today. Heading to the 5er next Tuesday or Wednesday to pull wire and put the parts together. I have allocated two weeks to Get’er done before my DW gets more nervous about heading south “before the storms.”

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:21 PM   #11669

Replaced the Elect Heater Element in Ref as it was fried after a major power surge. We had already replaced the Converter. Next is the TV and Microwave/Convection oven
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:26 PM   #11670

I added a 45-gallon folding pillow water tank to my TT's basement supplies:

I've been looking for a way to supplement our boondocking water supplies for longer stays, either by carrying water in or by running out to get more water, whichever is more convenient to each circumstance. Our total fresh water "capacity" is 56 gallons, and after deducting for the water heater and plumbing lines it seems like I get ~45 gallons into the fresh tank with each fill, so this is like carrying a whole second tank.

I can fill the pillow tank and carry it in my pickup bed to the trailer. Yeah, they say that it's not intended for highway use, but I think that's just them covering their own behind, just in case some hillbilly decides to drive down the freeway with the tank sitting on the roof of his vehicle. The material appears to be very heavy and durable and there doesn't appear to be any reason that I can't drive down the road with it filled in my truck bed, especially as there's a BedRug in there. The tank is about half the size of a twin mattress 35"x50"x6", so it would even fit easily behind a fifth wheel for you 5'ers.

A few months back I picked up a 12V transfer pump for $40 at Harbor Freight that I can connect to the battery either on the TT or TV, and pump this into my gravity fill inlet in about 10 minutes. I tried the setup on the front lawn this afternoon both as a test, and to rinse the tank out once:

Success!

Days camped in 2017: 53 (so far!)
FirstTracks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #11671
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTracks View Post
I added a 45-gallon folding pillow water tank to my TT's basement supplies:

I've been looking for a way to supplement our boondocking water supplies for longer stays, either by carrying water in or by running out to get more water, whichever is more convenient to each circumstance. Our total fresh water "capacity" is 56 gallons, and after deducting for the water heater and plumbing lines it seems like I get ~45 gallons into the fresh tank with each fill, so this is like carrying a whole second tank.

I can fill the pillow tank and carry it in my pickup bed to the trailer. Yeah, they say that it's not intended for highway use, but I think that's just them covering their own behind, just in case some hillbilly decides to drive down the freeway with the tank sitting on the roof of his vehicle. The material appears to be very heavy and durable and there doesn't appear to be any reason that I can't drive down the road with it filled in my truck bed, especially as there's a BedRug in there. The tank is about half the size of a twin mattress 35"x50"x6", so it would even fit easily behind a fifth wheel for you 5'ers.

A few months back I picked up a 12V transfer pump for $40 at Harbor Freight that I can connect to the battery either on the TT or TV, and pump this into my gravity fill inlet in about 10 minutes. I tried the setup on the front lawn this afternoon both as a test, and to rinse the tank out once:

Success!

I bought a 60 gallon one from Kenny Kustom here on FRF. It should fit between the fifth wheel and the tail gate for me.

For travel, I plan on cross-crossing straps from corner to corner and/or from the sides of the hitch over the bag.

I also have a seat belt for my sewer bladder that goes below/above/around it. I might be able to reuse that if there is ever a problem with securing it.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:46 PM   #11672

Espendydad, what about the weight your adding to your truck?

Old 09-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #11673

You do not strike me as a boonedocker

Old 09-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #11674
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I bought a 60 gallon one from Kenny Kustom here on FRF. It should fit between the fifth wheel and the tail gate for me.

For travel, I plan on cross-crossing straps from corner to corner and/or from the sides of the hitch over the bag.

I also have a seat belt for my sewer bladder that goes below/above/around it. I might be able to reuse that if there is ever a problem with securing it.
I see where you're going with this. This is going to solve that black tank dilemma in your other thread.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:03 PM   #11675
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
You do not strike me as a boonedocker

Espendydad, what about the weight your adding to your truck?

We WANT to boondock more. Being in Moab and seeing the beautiful waterfront sites about killed us to not be able to enjoy them. That’s been the push behind a lot of our preparations. Breaking our dependency on sewer has been awesome- we spent almost 2 months on sites without sewer. Wife still ran laundry daily and most of us showered like usual. I’d like straight up boondocking but also being able to get into dry camping in state parks and whatnot.

Second to that, we are considering going plan-less next year. Basically go where we want and decide at each location. We need to be able to not die if we have to go for a few days or week without electric, water, or sewer.

As for weight- I’ve always assumed water and sewer would be handled after unhitching. That area of the truck holds the grill when we are traveling- I’d have to move it if I wanted to carry water. 800 lbs (100 gallon of gray/black water) once I’m unhitched is nothing to the truck.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #11676
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
I see where you're going with this. This is going to solve that black tank dilemma in your other thread.

Ha! I do love my sewer bladder! I was just mentioning to Witch Doctor that we went for almost 2 months on sites without sewer. Business as usual inside the house; I just planned on daily trips to the dump station (our 42g gray tank fills quickly with showers and clothing washer).
Old 09-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #11677

Quote:
We WANT to boondock more. Being in Moab and seeing the beautiful waterfront sites about killed us to not be able to enjoy them. That’s been the push behind a lot of our preparations.
Now the LiFe battery bank thing finally makes sense. I'd been wondering. You know me by now -- you need to put a gun to my head to pull into a campground, much less an RV park. And those dry BLM campgrounds along the Colorado east of Moab are indeed beautiful. Some are a bit too close to the road, but with the restrictions on true boondocking so prevalent in the Moab area they provide a reasonable alternative.

Quote:
Breaking our dependency on sewer has been awesome- we spent almost 2 months on sites without sewer.
Never had a site with a sewer hookup, actually -- ever. And ironically, because I have separate grey and galley tanks I have a 10' hose extension and a wye just in case I ever have a sewer hookup. They're still brand new in the basement.

Quote:
Wife still ran laundry daily
DAILY? How much dirty clothing can your family possibly generate in 24 hours??

Quote:
I’d like straight up boondocking but also being able to get into dry camping in state parks and whatnot.
Once you start, I suspect that you'll have a hard time going back to campgrounds. There's something about being in a drop dead gorgeous spot with no other visible sign of human activity.

Quote:
I just planned on daily trips to the dump station (our 42g gray tank fills quickly with showers and clothing washer).
OK, I've got to ask: how many of you are crammed into that RV?

Old 09-26-2017, 07:28 PM   #11678
Wrench Turnin Fool

NOTHING.
I texted the salesman asking if he heard anything of a delivery date yet... no news

2001 Coleman SantaFe pop up
Excited new owner of 2018 Arctic Wolf 315TBH8
Towing with a 2005 F-250 5.4 GASSER
Arctic Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:32 PM   #11679
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
DAILY? How much dirty clothing can your family possibly generate in 24 hours??
It's a combo washer/dryer, so it's capacity is micro. From adult sized clothes, you can do 1 pair of adult jeans and a coupe of shirts (like 2-3) or you can do 2 pair of jeans and 1-2 shirts. For kid's clothes- a day's worth for the 2 kids is typically a whole load - 2 pair of PJ's, 2 shirts, 2 pants, socks, and underroos. Add in bathing suits, random change of clothes, towels, or whatnot. We typically run 2-3 loads of laundry in a day with our little combo unit.

Quote:
Once you start, I suspect that you'll have a hard time going back to campgrounds. There's something about being in a drop dead gorgeous spot with no other visible sign of human activity.
I'm still a slave to cell service + quality cellular data. I work fulltime from the rig and have to be online 8-10 hours a day.

Quote:
OK, I've got to ask: how many of you are crammed into that RV?
Just 4. Wife, I, and 2 kids. I shower daily and then rest are basically every other day. We've never perfected the navy shower and use way too much water. Add in the 2-3 loads of laundry (each is something like 8-12 gallons of water). And you fill up the gray tank fairly quick. I'll also dump out the kitchen sink tank... we have the kids do dishes- at age 5 and 13, so they again use too much water. We try to limit it, but kid's.

Once we're truly boondocking, I'm sure we'll get better at water management (as well as not running the washer/dryer in the rig due to power requirements). We'll see!
Old 09-26-2017, 07:41 PM   #11680

Quote:
It's a combo washer/dryer, so it's capacity is micro. From adult sized clothes, you can do 1 pair of adult jeans and a coupe of shirts (like 2-3) or you can do 2 pair of jeans and 1-2 shirts. For kid's clothes- a day's worth for the 2 kids is typically a whole load - 2 pair of PJ's, 2 shirts, 2 pants, socks, and underroos. Add in bathing suits, random change of clothes, towels, or whatnot. We typically run 2-3 loads of laundry in a day with our little combo unit.
Quote:
Add in the 2-3 loads of laundry (each is something like 8-12 gallons of water). And you fill up the gray tank fairly quick.
I'm sure that there's a lot to be said for having a w/d onboard, especially for a family of full-timers, but using 8-12 gallons of water per load times 2 to 3 loads per day adds up to 16-36 gallons of fresh water per day, and 16-36 gallons of grey water per day. Would it make more sense to stop at a laundromat for 2 hours once per week, commandeer a couple of machines and knock it all out at once with their water and sewer taking the beating instead of you and your rig?

Quote:
I'm still a slave to cell service + quality cellular data. I work fulltime from the rig and have to be online 8-10 hours a day.
Quality cell voice and data doesn't need to be mutually exclusive from good boondocking. That's where the reviews on Campendium come in handy. I seem to recall that we might have touched on that before?

Tags
camper