RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2018, 12:51 AM   #12641
Senior Member
 
rmac04401's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Franklin County, PA
Posts: 2,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Couple of projects for me today...

1) hung IKEA Trones inside of the door for easily grabable shoes. Weíll put 2 more upstairs on the landing for regularly worn shoes. And a handful of boots will go under the bed.

Attachment 165467

Attachment 165468


2) our bedroom door has a hook & latch to hold the door open when the wardrobe slide is in (and when we hang towels on the over-the-door rack because it falls closed). I replaced it with a magnetic door catch.

Attachment 165469

My exterior doors have struts that hold them open at 90-degrees and I find that annoying. Iím going to take them off and add these magnetic door catches to the exterior doors also.


3) added door locks to the master bedroom and both bathrooms.

Attachment 165470

Attachment 165471

And, Iím an idiot...

Attachment 165472

Attachment 165473


4) my wife made a template of a cabinet shelf and I cut the wood tonight but havenít gotten it into place yet. Still need to add hinges and door catches also.

Attachment 165474


5) I added a quick connect ďYĒ for my grill since my camper is dumb and doesnít have an exterior quick connect for LP appliances.

Attachment 165475

Attachment 165476


6) recaulked around the shower- it was still leaking a bit after the dealerís work and there were some trim pieces with exposed edges that I didnít want to soak up water spray.



Tomorrow is another projects/work day. I think Iím taking down the bottom half of my Happi-Jack beds!


The bottom half of your happy jack bed?
__________________
2019 Puma XLE 27QBC Toy Hauler
2005 Honda VTX 1300
2012 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #12642
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
The bottom half of your happy jack bed?

The jack-knife sofa portion. We have other plans for that area below, so weíll take out the sofa.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8824.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	165498
(Not my picture nor my camper, but same HappiJac bed.)
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:59 PM   #12643
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 609
Discovered, while doing something else, that the 30 Ampere connector had half unplugged itself at the pedestal at home. Not happy, considering making some sort of a retention mechanism.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:04 PM   #12644
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Couple of projects for me today...

1) hung IKEA Trones inside of the door for easily grabable shoes. Weíll put 2 more upstairs on the landing for regularly worn shoes. And a handful of boots will go under the bed.

Attachment 165467

Attachment 165468


2) our bedroom door has a hook & latch to hold the door open when the wardrobe slide is in (and when we hang towels on the over-the-door rack because it falls closed). I replaced it with a magnetic door catch.

Attachment 165469

My exterior doors have struts that hold them open at 90-degrees and I find that annoying. Iím going to take them off and add these magnetic door catches to the exterior doors also.


3) added door locks to the master bedroom and both bathrooms.

Attachment 165470

Attachment 165471

And, Iím an idiot...

Attachment 165472

Attachment 165473


4) my wife made a template of a cabinet shelf and I cut the wood tonight but havenít gotten it into place yet. Still need to add hinges and door catches also.

Attachment 165474


5) I added a quick connect ďYĒ for my grill since my camper is dumb and doesnít have an exterior quick connect for LP appliances.

Attachment 165475

Attachment 165476


6) recaulked around the shower- it was still leaking a bit after the dealerís work and there were some trim pieces with exposed edges that I didnít want to soak up water spray.



Tomorrow is another projects/work day. I think Iím taking down the bottom half of my Happi-Jack beds!


Thanks for posting, i enjoyed the pictures and your descriptions, even the idiot one, we all have those moments in our memories and future
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:46 PM   #12645
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandrb View Post
Thanks for posting, i enjoyed the pictures and your descriptions, even the idiot one, we all have those moments in our memories and future

Thanks. Fortunately, I was able to chuckle pretty quickly. AND remembered to check orientation before doing the other 2 doors.
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #12646
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,932
Today I reclaimed some deadspace and made it into a cabinet.

See post #75 in the Spartan 1245 thread:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1758186
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:54 AM   #12647
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 599
Making life easier...

Added hooks for inside of bedroom door,
support backing and hooks inside entry door,
pet screen door saver,
filter grill and filter for heating system and
sound reducing duct liner (sample pictured) inside
cabinet space to quiet heating system. Also not pictured,
created a low shelf over water pump in under sink cabinet
and covered with noise reducing material and resecured loose
duct to underside of trailer (no more warm silverware drawer).

2018 Wildwood T27RKSS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TT Mod. 1.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	277.4 KB
ID:	165709   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT Mod. 2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	165710   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT Mod. 3.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	165711   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT mod. 4.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	165712   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT Mod. 4a.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	378.4 KB
ID:	165713  

myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:09 AM   #12648
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 599
Making life easier part two...

The access panel for my water heater bypass valve no longer requires removing four screws, just pull attached luggage handle and the Velcro pads release.
The cabinet doors under my dinette no longer swing open during travel - added wood strips to take the weight off the latches.
The dinette seats no longer creep out during travel - added wood strips to keep the support panels in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TT Mod. 5.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	165714   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT Mod. 6a.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	346.6 KB
ID:	165715   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT Mod. 6b.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	165716   Click image for larger version

Name:	TT Mod. 7.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	431.3 KB
ID:	165717  
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:25 AM   #12649
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 35
I did it! Took a month or two but I made it through all 1265 pages of this thread. Much to the dismay of the Mrs here is the list I have made for when hard water season is over:

Progressive EMS 50
Easystart for AC
AC inspection and optimization
Morryde Stair Box
Replace all compartment cam locks as well as door lock so they match the slam latches.
Fridge fans
Lippert toy Lok
Replace rear bumper after failed cargo basket trial
New queen sized mattress
Possible king pin bike rack
Possible slide toppers



I am sure there will be more...
YYCBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #12650
Usually Confused Member
 
emm-dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 3,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCBrad View Post
I did it! Took a month or two but I made it through all 1265 pages of this thread. Much to the dismay of the Mrs here is the list I have made for when hard water season is over:

Progressive EMS 50
Easystart for AC
AC inspection and optimization
Morryde Stair Box
Replace all compartment cam locks as well as door lock so they match the slam latches.
Fridge fans
Lippert toy Lok
Replace rear bumper after failed cargo basket trial
New queen sized mattress
Possible king pin bike rack
Possible slide toppers



I am sure there will be more...
So now tell us what youíre gonna do the second week.
__________________
2018 Forester 3051S (aka Clyde)
2015 Wrangler Toad (aka Bonnie)

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:27 AM   #12651
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCBrad View Post
I did it! Took a month or two but I made it through all 1265 pages of this thread. Much to the dismay of the Mrs here is the list I have made for when hard water season is over:

Progressive EMS 50
Easystart for AC
AC inspection and optimization
Morryde Stair Box
Replace all compartment cam locks as well as door lock so they match the slam latches.
Fridge fans
Lippert toy Lok
Replace rear bumper after failed cargo basket trial
New queen sized mattress
Possible king pin bike rack
Possible slide toppers



I am sure there will be more...
Most important miss is the power awning pole hold down brackets.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #12652
Recently new!
 
Paulie1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Arizona, in The Land of Scorch!
Posts: 1,135
Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
OC, I finally mounted mine! I will post the pics soon!
__________________
1987 Starcraft Nova tent trailer, purch. '87, sold 8.14
2013 Crusader 290RLT bought new, 8.14 lotsa mods!
2001 Ford F-250 7.3
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #12653
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 599
What was your choice for replacing the queen mattress
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 01:48 PM   #12654
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: About 30 miles west of Beantown.
Posts: 3,396
Tomorrow, I plan to dig it out of the snow.....again.
__________________

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:03 PM   #12655
Senior Member
 
RandK-M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Tomorrow, I plan to dig it out of the snow.....again.
Me too, and I might even throw a temper tantrum in the process, LOL.
I know it's still march, but come on now, 4 Nor'easters in like 3 weeks is getting ridiculous. I'm SOOO ready for warm weather.

Ray
__________________
2017 Rockwood 2109S
Ram 1500
Me Her And a furry little dog
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:04 PM   #12656
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Most important miss is the power awning pole hold down brackets.
Any idea where a guy could get some of those


Quote:
Originally Posted by myxkp View Post
What was your choice for replacing the queen mattress
Probably going to get a Leesa as that is what we have at home.
YYCBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #12657
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: About 30 miles west of Beantown.
Posts: 3,396
My father is 76 years old and has lived in the same town for his entire life and has never seen this many nor'easters this close together.
__________________

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #12658
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 609
Fastened refrigerator to cabinet face, hooked up propane, 120 VAC, and 12 VDC. Tested briefly on all three sources. This after replacing the perimeter seal - what a struggle.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:05 PM   #12659
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryanpeters View Post
Fastened refrigerator to cabinet face, hooked up propane, 120 VAC, and 12 VDC. Tested briefly on all three sources. This after replacing the perimeter seal - what a struggle.
Love that refrigerators that run on propane have no moving parts but everything else can be a challenge
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #12660
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,932
Made cookies and Iím now officially love with the convection microwave/oven!

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD8F6815-E016-4D53-8370-D0E01843A52C.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	454.9 KB
ID:	165757

We went from no cookies to cookies in about 15 minutes!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8897.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	165758
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.