RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-20-2018, 09:35 PM   #13281

Didn't buy anything from Camping World.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:24 PM   #13282

Added a thule outside garbage bag holder. Bought a new 12" mattress for our bedroom. De-winterized it. And tomorrow it is off to the welder to have a proper hitch added to the frame for a bike rack. Dont ever plan on triple towing but I was a hitch that will stay and keep the bikes from falling. Also bought a new bike rack that was RV approved. So excited for the first camping trip next weekend.

If your best was good enough today........
It won't be tomorrow.
Feldhege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 11:32 PM   #13283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
Not TO my TT, but FOR my TT.
I took a pickaxe to a 6' section of my drive to knock loose stone, gravel and dirt on a humped up section that goes down to the main highway. Trying to make sure my sewer tank outlets don't drag. Then I raked it a little flatter.
Trying to get ahold of a guy we know with a large tractor with backhoe & dozer blade to really level the angle of our driveway.
Yesterday I bought some plastic organizer bins from Walmart's office supply section for in the cabinets. Shaped like a flattened out rectangular waste basket that humps up in the back. Four fit perfect across my cabinet over the sink.
Oh? I have been told. If there are no pictures, it didn’t happen.
“Pick axe. 6‘ section. “

It all seems like fiction to me!

On the other hand, I feel your pain. Swinging a pickaxe seems like a form of torture.

Must have been the DW’s idea.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:40 AM   #13284

Parked it under its cover next to the shop til it comes out next month for its next trip.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:33 AM   #13285

Good idea on painting the hitch white. Think I'll try that.

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #13286
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Permanently mounted the solar system panels and controller, added the Trimetric monitor, (pictures to follow). Discharged the battery bank to 80%, put the rig into the morning sun....saw 36 amp charge rate! Currently 2 weeks into a 2 month voyage into the Rockies.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:13 AM   #13287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Well I found the problem and repaired, the wire to a 3rd solinode was off, the manuals shows to only. When I pulled the switch to replace it pulled a 12 volt wire to it, it was buried in there rats nest hidden. Got all the by pass working and replugged the wire in after I raised and lowered it with a drill took forever. I said to my self you can't have only 2 to run 4 jacks 3 yes but not 2. Had a few rum and cokes and figured it out. Thanks doubular for your help you made me think God Forbib. In the AM off to S.C. to pick up my new Concord, just a day lost. Thanks my up date.
Glad to see you got it fixed, your WDering skills are coming back on-line!

Safe travel and looking forward to seeing your new rig!

S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:35 AM   #13288

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
See above!

And to think I thought i was forgetting to close but not two times in a trip
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #13289

RE:using a Bal hide a spare with a waste tank.... I was asked for details... posted pics and install here... http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...rt-160334.html
Old 05-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #13290

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDS View Post
Oh? I have been told. If there are no pictures, it didn’t happen.
“Pick axe. 6‘ section. “

It all seems like fiction to me!

On the other hand, I feel your pain. Swinging a pickaxe seems like a form of torture.

Must have been the DW’s idea.
Actually it was my idea! I'm paranoid about damaging the new TT. You would NOT want to see my belly hanging out while I was swinging the pick
Actually, swinging the pick is a generous term, more like I lifted the pick and assisted gravity a little. I only knocked down about 6" or less along that maybe 6' section and just on the left track. So a 6' x 2-3' x 6" section maximum.
Not like I was digging a grave (other than my own).
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #13291

Got in a Camco vent insulator. Gifting it to my daughter for her TT toy hauler. Will not work with replacement fan I installed, not even strapping it up.
Received and installed a Camco screen door push/pull handle.
Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I added a large loop of paracord via two existing holes to the main door pull handle. Easier to close the door behind you when entering and I can hook a long bungee to the door and a bracket on the tongue to hold the outer door open against the wind.
Bought some more plastic organizers for the cupboards.
And last, 3M command hook mounted a flyswatter near the door!
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #13292

Installed the LevelMate Pro.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #13293

Door handle

We are staying in our camper in the driveway for a few nights while our floors are being refinished. Last night I unlocked the door & the handle was obviously not engaging anything. The door just plain wouldn't open. The same problem happened to us the last time we took the camper out last year but we were on the inside. That turned out to be a good thing because I watched DH "fix" it so we could get out.

Anyway, after a few minutes of being frustrated, I came up with a plan. We opened the door to the pass-thru, which goes under the murphy bed couch in our 2504S. The space to get in there isn't very big but it was just enough for me to slide in head first. And I mean JUST big enough! To make things worse, it was dark outside so my only light was from the flashlight my DH was shining in for me. I certainly had no free hand! Once in, I was able to turn over & push up on the bottom of the couch enough that I could release the front panel on the couch - thank goodness DH knew it comes off!!! That opening was big enough for me to slide on thru to the inside of the camper. I was really concerned for a couple of minutes that I might be on the nightly news with a story about the fire department rescuing a woman stuck in a storage area in a camper!

DH passed thru a screw driver thru to me and after removing the 4 screws on the inside panel of the door handle, I was able to slide the little lever over to open the door. DH thinks he can fix it but I have zero plans on repeating the experience so I'm going to order a new one before our first trip in 2 weeks!

Hopefully the rest of our camping season will go more smoothly!

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Doxies in the Rockies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:19 AM   #13294

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandrb View Post
I have a question about bathroom vent, this last trip I noticed it was open when I got to Camp Ground I thought I had forgotten to close it before leaving. With return trip home it was open.

The question is do they vibrate open while traveling?

Thanks in advance for the replies
You need a priest Sir!!!
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #13295
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doxies in the Rockies View Post
We are staying in our camper in the driveway for a few nights while our floors are being refinished. Last night I unlocked the door & the handle was obviously not engaging anything. The door just plain wouldn't open. The same problem happened to us the last time we took the camper out last year but we were on the inside. That turned out to be a good thing because I watched DH "fix" it so we could get out.

Anyway, after a few minutes of being frustrated, I came up with a plan. We opened the door to the pass-thru, which goes under the murphy bed couch in our 2504S. The space to get in there isn't very big but it was just enough for me to slide in head first. And I mean JUST big enough! To make things worse, it was dark outside so my only light was from the flashlight my DH was shining in for me. I certainly had no free hand! Once in, I was able to turn over & push up on the bottom of the couch enough that I could release the front panel on the couch - thank goodness DH knew it comes off!!! That opening was big enough for me to slide on thru to the inside of the camper. I was really concerned for a couple of minutes that I might be on the nightly news with a story about the fire department rescuing a woman stuck in a storage area in a camper!

DH passed thru a screw driver thru to me and after removing the 4 screws on the inside panel of the door handle, I was able to slide the little lever over to open the door. DH thinks he can fix it but I have zero plans on repeating the experience so I'm going to order a new one before our first trip in 2 weeks!

Hopefully the rest of our camping season will go more smoothly!
Your door lock was possibly recalled. Check into it, at least.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #13296

Opened up the slide outs and awning to dry out after all the rains.. Opened the vents to let her air out (new trailer smell), ordered the camco flying insect screen for the refrigerator, and leak detector for a drip pan to put under the "in-house" water filter.
ImTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:40 AM   #13297

Thanks Ependydad! I never even thought about that. I'll out there, see what we have & check it out!

2018 Leprechaun 311FS
Doxies in the Rockies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:54 PM   #13298

Last thing I did today, was replace the false hinge where the pump and water filter are with a latch. Makes it easier to get in when doing maintenance. Plan on doing that with the other three false hinges. I'd rather not have to unscrew/screw things into the wood for maintenance.
ImTravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #13299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
You need a priest Sir!!!

I might, i am going to keep an eye on my and DW process
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 03:57 PM   #13300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTravis View Post
Last thing I did today, was replace the false hinge where the pump and water filter are with a latch. Makes it easier to get in when doing maintenance. Plan on doing that with the other three false hinges. I'd rather not have to unscrew/screw things into the wood for maintenance.
Now all you have to do is keep others from using this now easy to access space for storage.

I don't have a problem with the screws. A cordless screwdriver makes quick work of the screws. If the wood "threads" ever give out I'll just drill out the holes and put a moly fastener in them with machine screws.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper