RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-16-2018, 08:58 AM   #14561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Appreciate it, need all that we can get.
I guess this is a "Vengeance unit"? Youroo! !
Old 10-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #14562
Rv Living Novice

I did this. We live in a Puma Destination trailer as of 4 months ago. Getting colder here in Kansas. Sealed the bottom with R-49 batting and R-6 foiled backed foam board insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181014_101211.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	189356   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181014_101151.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	326.0 KB
ID:	189357   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181014_101146.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	189358  
nodebtpuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:02 AM   #14563

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodebtpuma View Post
I did this. We live in a Puma Destination trailer as of 4 months ago. Getting colder here in Kansas. Sealed the bottom with R-49 batting and R-6 foiled backed foam board insulation.
Looks great but I wonder how it will stand up at 65mph.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:11 AM   #14564
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd50i View Post

Itís a destination trailer. If itís moving at 65mph or moving at all really, heís got bigger issues.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:12 AM   #14565
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd50i View Post
Since it's a destination trailer, I'm thinking it won't be moving that fast very often, if at all.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:29 AM   #14566
Rv Living Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Itís a destination trailer. If itís moving at 65mph or moving at all really, heís got bigger issues.
Exactly. We live in it. I towed it around our yard and I said, "this will never see the highway again until we sell it."
nodebtpuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #14567

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandrb View Post
We have one of those screens that go over the drain in bathroom sink and some reason DW does not like, she says it rusts. Well today right before we need to head out sight seeing she say i dropped the cap to something down there. Well sticky tape on end of a pen and my mechanic grabber did not work so big man had to take the trap out and i do not bend that way anymore. My question was that is the reason we bought the screen! DW says not what she wants to hear right now. We did have a good day sight seeing in nags head, kitty hawk, duck, and corolla. Go figure
How about keeping a small rubber stopper in the drain opening
Just a thought
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #14568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten16 View Post
After 2 weeks in the Smoky Mountains, I had a Castle Rock (China Bomb) event on the way home. Replaced all 4 with new Goodyear Endurance today!
I see a lot of references to China bombs and I wonder why we overlook the tires being built to American manufacturer specifications at the cheapest possible source
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:17 PM   #14569

My ignorance, I just thought it was a brand name or model.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:20 PM   #14570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
While winterizing I discovered that there was enough slack in the lines that I could completely remove the kw1 filter that I never used.

Didn't even have to buy the connector. Just took it right off the filter housing.

Attachment 189345
If you dont want the filter, I will take it.

If your best was good enough today........
It won't be tomorrow.
Feldhege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #14571

Got in my Walmart order of Lynx levelers flat tops and a pair of Lynx chocks that snap on the levelers I have. Great price, far cheaper than Amazon. Needed to spend a little more for free shipping, so I also got a 10' sewer drain hose holder/lift thing. I forget the term, I call it the stinky slinky ladder

Winterizing one step at a time.
If you are familiar with the process, you may now want to move on to another post

Yesterday bypassed and drained the water heater. Today I installed the freshwater tank bypass valve at the water pump. Luckily I could rotate the pump screen prefilter on the permanent hose clamp, otherwise I'd have to cut it off and use a worm hose clamp for that.
The water pump would not hardly suck the antifreeze. So I got a very small funnel and put that on the end of the input hose & held that upright. Two people would have made things much simpler. I had to open a valve, turn on the pump, run to the pump, hold the funnel upright and pour in the antifreeze for a while. Then set that down, turn off the pump, and check the drains for the pink stuff. Ran the outside shower into a bucket for monitoring. Did the sink faucets, shower faucets, toilet, then outside shower. After those were done, I turned on the pump & poured a few cups more in the funnel. All that only took about 3 quarts total. Then I checked the tank drains. I had spent a lot of time cleaning out the black tank at the last camp, nothing came out. The gray water let out about a pint (& smelled bad). I poured out the remaining quart, some in the shut toilet and the rest split between the sink and shower drains. Then I remembered the low point drains ;( Those I just opened enough to leak, then spray, out water till I saw pink as the lines were pressured by the pump & gravity.
I was surprised that the pump did not suck from the antifreeze bottle too well. And by only using one gallon.

Have to pull out remaining food items, strip beds, set up the dehumidifier, pull the battery, and put the cover on.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:43 PM   #14572

Mine did not pull from the bottle well either.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:23 PM   #14573

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Mine did not pull from the bottle well either.
I'm thinking next time I will come up with a small feed tank or bucket to attach the supply hose to. With the front bed up, I can set that up on the wood panel shelf above the water pump & heater to gravity feed the water pump. Cut a hole in a plastic bucket or pan and put a hose bib on it. Silicon is your friend. It'll be like an antifreeze IV.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #14574

I was wandering if it would work better with a gravity feed. It worked ok from the FW tank, but would not pressurize and shut off from the bottle. It only drew when I opened a faucet. Next time I will fill the house filter first, as well because it has to push all the air out of that and fill it before it gets to the faucet efficiently.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #14575

Just ordered a pair of spigots from Amazon that are made to install on 5 gallon buckets for home beer brewing. That will be my gravity feed for RV antifreeze. I'm starting to think the Camco hand pump using the city water fill may have been simpler ;(

Meanwhile, cleaned out canned goods, spices, coffee, tea, dog treats, etc. from the TT. Also pulled the toaster (can't get all the crumbs out) & K cup coffee maker (possible water on or in the plastic seals) for winter. Set up the dehumidifiers. One, a new electronic type, and the other, an absorber type.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:35 AM   #14576

Winterized yesterday, but did it differently than I usually do. This year no antifreeze in the lines. I hooked my compressor up to the city water, set it for 40lbs and just blew it all out. I had the compressor hooked up for about an hour while I did other cleaning and opened all the faucets and low point drains every 10 minutes or so. I also blew out the pump through the antifreeze suction port to make sure that was good.

I was impressed that when I was done, I removed the water filter housing, which was full when I started and not a single drop of water was in there. Just as a test, I charged again with air and let it sit overnight. Then today I checked the low point drains and they were bone dry, not even a mist just air. Same with all the faucets. Plus it was a good test of the plumbing since it completely held all the air over night.

Maybe I just have a sensitive taste and smell, but every year I can detect the antifreeze for the first few trips, even after several flushes and sanitizing with bleach.

I still dumped antifreeze into all the traps and toilet and about 3/4 gallon in each tank for the valves.

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #14577

Quote:
No. A regional place called FunTown RV with about 8-10 locations through TX and OK.

The particular dealership we went to (the one closest to us) is their weak link apparently. All the other locations have really good ratings and other friends have had nothing but good things to say about them. Just our luck.

Hoping we can make some headway with the manufacturer soon.
I had a bad experience with the one in Waco. Warranty work was a nightmare. Why did I wait over a month for an "appointment" for the rig to just sit on the lot for another month before they got to it. Bad communication on the repairs, service manager never returned my calls, so I got in my truck and drove 60 miles one way to see him face to face. Never again will I leave my rig at a dealer.

US Army Retired
Tx_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:16 PM   #14578

Quote:
No. A regional place called FunTown RV with about 8-10 locations through TX and OK.

The particular dealership we went to (the one closest to us) is their weak link apparently. All the other locations have really good ratings and other friends have had nothing but good things to say about them. Just our luck.

Hoping we can make some headway with the manufacturer soon.
We bought our 2018 Cedar Creek 5th wheel from FunTown in Clebourne Tx. It's been ok, but we've had it in for warranty work twice already and have another visit scheduled for Dec. Besides taking 3 months to get an appointment, they've been pretty good. Fixed all the issues that we've identified. Seems every time you take a 5th wheel out, something will break or vibrate loose. I guess that's just the deal... Hope yours works out.

Gsykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:27 PM   #14579

Received a micro-air easy start unit to install this weekend. It will be great for those race weekends when I use the generator. Plus we won't have to turn off the a/c to use the microwave.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2020: 14 nights camped with 20 planned
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:39 PM   #14580

Drained and bypassed the water heater, and blew out the water lines, to protect from freezing before we head south.
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper