RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2019, 07:23 PM   #15121
Canadian Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Eastern GTA, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,278
Not the belabour my point but check into boil water advisories and recommendations and you’ll see that just not drinking the water might not be sufficient if the water is contaminated.
__________________
2019 Rockwood Signature 8290BS, Reese Revolution pinbox and B&W Patriot 18K hitch
2016 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCrew, 6.2L, 4x4, 6'9" bed, 3.73, w/ snow plow & camper pkgs.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 08:31 PM   #15122
Senior Member
 
RandK-M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 484
Added LED lights to shower skylight

We wanted a little more light than the single ceiling light in the bathroom so I added some waterproof RGB LEDs to the shower skylight.

I tapped into the ceiling light wires so they come on with the light switch. I used a micro RF RGB remote controller and hid it on the inside of the skylight shroud so everything is clean and out of sight with no wires visible anywhere. Since it's an RF controller, there was no need to have an IR eye visible or point the remote at the skylight. Because the skylight shroud is tapered, there was a slight gap in each corner where I bent the lights around the shroud so I filled the small gap with clear aquarium sealant.

I don't really see us using any of the many colors or effects, but I went with RGB anyway so the option is there. The controller has a memory function, so it remembers the previous setting when the light switch is turned on. I'll probably Velcro the remote to the wall



Here's some pics:


Shower with the lights set to white, which is probably what we'll use 99% of the time. I love the look and it's better in person. Really brightens the whole bathroom!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower 1.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	197356
Here's a close up
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skylight.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	197357
And here's a shot of some blue for the fun of it
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	197358
This is the RF controller I used
Click image for larger version

Name:	61hSW9xsLSL._SL1000_.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	197364


Ray
__________________
2017 Rockwood 2109S
Ram 1500
Me Her And a furry little dog
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:16 PM   #15123
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Eastampton, NJ
Posts: 453
Love it
__________________
2017 Sanibel 3601
2015 F350 - 6.7 Diesel
Retired SMsgt USAF 21 years
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #15124
Jayhawker
 
Jayhawker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Suburbs Kansas City
Posts: 238
I like what you did! Have the stuff to do it on hand. Bought for our old TT but ended up buying a new 2018 TT last summer. My new project when it warms up. PS: great pictures posted
Jayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:39 PM   #15125
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,451
I pulled the batteries on my brand new TT today, in 18 degree weather. I brought them home to keep a Battery Tender on them.
__________________
2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman, CTD/CC/SB/4X4/Equalizer WDH
2019 Forest River Surveyor Legend 19BHLE
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:51 PM   #15126
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 13,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I pulled the batteries on my brand new TT today, in 18 degree weather. I brought them home to keep a Battery Tender on them.
Do you not have a battery disconnect switch?
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #15127
Senior Member
 
Wandering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandK-M View Post
We wanted a little more light than the single ceiling light in the bathroom so I added some waterproof RGB LEDs to the shower skylight.

I tapped into the ceiling light wires so they come on with the light switch. I used a micro RF RGB remote controller and hid it on the inside of the skylight shroud so everything is clean and out of sight with no wires visible anywhere. Since it's an RF controller, there was no need to have an IR eye visible or point the remote at the skylight. Because the skylight shroud is tapered, there was a slight gap in each corner where I bent the lights around the shroud so I filled the small gap with clear aquarium sealant.

I don't really see us using any of the many colors or effects, but I went with RGB anyway so the option is there. The controller has a memory function, so it remembers the previous setting when the light switch is turned on. I'll probably Velcro the remote to the wall



Here's some pics:


Shower with the lights set to white, which is probably what we'll use 99% of the time. I love the look and it's better in person. Really brightens the whole bathroom!
Attachment 197356
Here's a close up
Attachment 197357
And here's a shot of some blue for the fun of it
Attachment 197358
This is the RF controller I used
Attachment 197364


Ray


Thatís pretty cool. Thanks for my next project.
__________________
Forester 2451s
Wandering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #15128
Senior Member
 
RandK-M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
Thatís pretty cool. Thanks for my next project.

You're welcome!


Ray
__________________
2017 Rockwood 2109S
Ram 1500
Me Her And a furry little dog
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #15129
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,727
Send a message via AIM to B and B
Unpacked the Amazon boxes with new stuff for the new Fifth Wheel. Have a Residential Fridge and investor for such. I bough some Solar Panels on sale, an moppet controller and assorted connectors to make my storage lot solar array. No AC power and sometimes we travel weekend to weekend so this will allow me too keep up and run the fridge on Solar between trips.
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #15130
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Unpacked the Amazon boxes with new stuff for the new Fifth Wheel. Have a Residential Fridge and investor for such. I bough some Solar Panels on sale, an moppet controller and assorted connectors to make my storage lot solar array. No AC power and sometimes we travel weekend to weekend so this will allow me too keep up and run the fridge on Solar between trips.
That will be a nice feature when your done, I was glad I added the solar on our unit when we ordered as that is what we do, it's nice just turn the fridge before we are ready and the house fridge cools down much faster then the rv fridge did, it is nice having the batteries full when sitting in storage.
__________________
2017 River Stone Legacy 38mb
2001 Kenworth T2000
2008 Smart on deck
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:13 PM   #15131
Senior Member
 
dougschne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 190
TMPS

Received the TST 507 RV setup. These were the highest rated and glad to have them. Now need to get the rig home to get them installed.
__________________
2014 Sabre 33CKTS purchased 01/18
2009 Ford F250 SD 6.4L TD "FrankenFord" No Longer
2019 Ford F350 Lariat SD, 6.7 TD

Check out my Blog "A Grande Tour" about our travels and other writings! agrandetour.com
dougschne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:27 PM   #15132
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Granbury, Texas
Posts: 168
1. Made some measurements for some mods I'm doing.
2. Hung a shoe organizer in my closet to put underwear, socks, and stuff. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
3. Finished buying the things needed for my project which I'll work on next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Closet.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	273.3 KB
ID:	197438  
__________________
"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've seen plenty of them." Casey Stengel

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:07 PM   #15133
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougschne View Post
Received the TST 507 RV setup. These were the highest rated and glad to have them. Now need to get the rig home to get them installed.
This article may be useful:
How to use your TPMS | Learn To RV
__________________
2018 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 10:18 PM   #15134
Senior Member
 
TheMusikShoppe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 209
We sort of did something to the Toyhauler....We got a new toy!!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	image000001_01.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	197446Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190223_184458348.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	197447Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190223_184506348.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	197448
__________________
2001 Ford F-350 7.3 dually
2000 Salem T23 (sold)
2015 Vengeance Touring 39R12 (We love it!)
TheMusikShoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:31 PM   #15135
Senior Member
 
clarkbre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusikShoppe View Post
We sort of did something to the Toyhauler....We got a new toy!!!!Attachment 197446Attachment 197447Attachment 197448
That looks like a very nice furniture piece for your toy hauler! Looks like a lot of fun!
__________________

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:36 PM   #15136
Senior Member
 
clarkbre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 966
Today I test fit our enlarged oak table for the dinette. We went from the u shaped dinette with a 35x27 table to a standard, 2 bench dinette with a 35x44 table. I still have a couple pieces to mount to the bench fronts so that we can continue to convert it to a bed if need be.

Current table and the old original dinette:
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_114025.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	197453Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_114125.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	197454Click image for larger version

Name:	20190216_114546.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	197455
__________________

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:38 PM   #15137
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,867
Swapped out pilot assembly in my oven with new one. No more pilot blowing out when oven reaches set temp.

Could have had it done under warranty for free but cost of gas to take trailer to Dealer and back would have cost more than just buying the pilot assy and doing it myself. Took 15 minutes, a small adjustable wrench, and Phillip's head screwdriver. If I'd taken it to the Dealer it would have taken anywhere from half a day to a month. Part cost me $21 which included shipping and a 10% Sales Tax.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:22 AM   #15138
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: California
Posts: 7,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Swapped out pilot assembly in my oven with new one. No more pilot blowing out when oven reaches set temp.

Could have had it done under warranty for free but cost of gas to take trailer to Dealer and back would have cost more than just buying the pilot assy and doing it myself. Took 15 minutes, a small adjustable wrench, and Phillip's head screwdriver. If I'd taken it to the Dealer it would have taken anywhere from half a day to a month. Part cost me $21 which included shipping and a 10% Sales Tax.
Is this the Suburban pilot light? I bought the updated part and it did not fix my issue. I ended up just enlarging the pilot light hole with a small needle so that the pilot flame is bigger and that ended up dong the trick
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:14 AM   #15139
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Which 1/4 turn ball valves did you use?
Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 10:50 AM   #15140
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 190
Still in storage....So, I threw in another box of dryer sheets.
Also picked up some water filters, brass elbow, and another drinking water hose.
Next, I need to check the batteries.
__________________
2019 Flagstaff E-Pro 14FK
JS Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.