RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #1521
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 10,277
You bet I did, Had some barb style, eat like a pig it is such a treat. Been tiring to think of away to thank you. That was awful generous of you. Been meaning to send you a PM about it. To be honest that was one highlight of my trip getting that surprise. I thank you 100 x's over. My wife is calling me a hoarder now. It is well protected. Thanks again Youroo
__________________
Coachmen M/H
Concord
2018 / 300 DSC

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #1522
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Got the tires/wheels re-installed, torqued and it's back down on the tires. UPS just delivered the new HWT 06Series wheel, complete with hubcap for the spare. Will get the spare dismounted, re-mounted, balanced and installed tomorrow when I get TOWTA's junker state inspected. Anyone need or want a white spare wheel? Speak tonight or in the junk it goes tomorrow.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #1523
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You bet I did, Had some barb style, eat like a pig it is such a treat. Been tiring to think of away to thank you. That was awful generous of you. Been meaning to send you a PM about it. To be honest that was one highlight of my trip getting that surprise. I thank you 100 x's over. My wife is calling me a hoarder now. It is well protected. Thanks again Youroo
And you D--- sure didn't share with your so called friend either. They name streets after folks like you. "One Way" Just pulling your chain Glenn.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #1524
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
In process of taking the tires/wheels off the 5er to have the metal stems FT Turbs/Ms. Amy sent us put in and the tires re-balanced with the monitors installed. Got 2 off and will take the other 2 off when the sun gets on the other side of the trailer. I am here to tell you, the high pressure rubber stems will not work with the monitors. One started leaking on the way home from Goshen(23 miles from home) and one I took off this morning was starting to leak. The rubber stems just will not work PERIOD regardless of what tire dealers say.
Which System do you have OC?

We have the TPS TPTMS with stock Rubber Stems and they work fine - 3,000+ miles now
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #1525
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Which System do you have OC? We have the TPS TPTMS with stock Rubber Stems and they work fine - 3,000+ miles now
I have the TST TPMS system with the 507 Flow thru sensors. Had new high pressure rubber stems installed with the tires. The stems lasted about 15 months and 6,300-6,500 miles before they started to leak (2 of them).
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #1526
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I have the TST TPMS system with the 507 Flow thru sensors. Had new high pressure rubber stems installed with the tires. The stems lasted about 15 months and 6,300-6,500 miles before they started to leak (2 of them).
And now your new stems do not work?
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #1527
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
And now your new stems do not work?
NO, the new stems are all metal screw in with a neoprene insert and are solid to the wheel and work just fine. The old stems were only 14 months old and were high pressure stems that pulled thru the rim like a regular valve stem. When the first one started leaking a week ago last Fri. I knew the trailer would not leave the drive with those type stems.

This is what I had installed. NAPA AUTO PARTS | PART DETAILS
Attached Images
 
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:14 AM   #1528
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Well, finally got the new GY Marathon taken off the steel wheel, mounted & balanced and new steel screw in stem installed for the spare. Of course, with the new alum wheel, the spare tire mount had to be altered and longer bolts added in place of the ones from the factory. Welded (2) gr 5, 1/2" bolts on the bracket to replace the spring clips. Amazingly, when we spun the new wheel/tire/sensor, it took 0 weight to balance. I even marked it on the inside of the wheel JIC I forgot it was balanced. Gave the tire a good coating of 303 and it's finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01389.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	322.7 KB
ID:	61169  
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #1529
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Well, finally got the new GY Marathon taken off the steel wheel, mounted & balanced and new steel screw in stem installed for the spare. Of course, with the new alum wheel, the spare tire mount had to be altered and longer bolts added in place of the ones from the factory. Welded (2) gr 5, 1/2" bolts on the bracket to replace the spring clips. Amazingly, when we spun the new wheel/tire/sensor, it took 0 weight to balance. I even marked it on the inside of the wheel JIC I forgot it was balanced. Gave the tire a good coating of 303 and it's finished.
OC that looks NICE, especially with your aluminum covered bumper.
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #1530
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
OC that looks NICE, especially with your aluminum covered bumper.
It all gets covered, so nothing shows.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:38 AM   #1531
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,269
Going to put a M insigna on it? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #1532
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Going to put a M insigna on it? Youroo!!
OK, I'll bite, M for what?
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #1533
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 14,269
Look on your trailer hitch tube on your truck and your back window of your truck,and the front of your Blue hat! Youroo!! Travel on!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:55 AM   #1534
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Look on your trailer hitch tube on your truck and your back window of your truck,and the front of your Blue hat! Youroo!! Travel on!
Nah, the FROG license plate and the FRF sticker are enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01390.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	61170  
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #1535
Senior Member
 
Timex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 1,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Nah, the FROG license plate and the FRF sticker are enough.
Where did you get the yellow power cable holder thingy?
__________________
2012 Flagstaff V Lite 30 WRLTS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Mag Hemi 3.72 Rearaxle
Nights camped 2015 = 23
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:56 PM   #1536
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: California
Posts: 13
Did a little upgrading based on our Oklahoma experience (blown rear 5er tire at night), and some basic organizing, and patched the brand new solar shower I poked a hole in while filling. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1408744597.714467.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	598.2 KB
ID:	61210Oh, and some day drinking. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1408744542.017369.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	746.6 KB
ID:	61209


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
BigandJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #1537
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,724
Send a message via AIM to B and B
What did you do to your camper today?

Wish I was camping... Work won't allow right now, lots of OT to pay for camping... Lots of around the house projects underway and the oldest Son moving home from Ottawa for a short stay as he finds work until GF comes back from teaching placement in England.

Tomorrow making levelling ramps for the landing gear when adding to our deck and the saw is out!
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:55 PM   #1538
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Where did you get the yellow power cable holder thingy?
Online @ Northern Tool, they have 2 different sizes. This is the large one.
Amazon.com : Cordpro Cord Organizer : Biking Quick Releases : Sports & Outdoors
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #1539
Senior Member
 
Lloydg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 700
Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Ordered a zip-blocker awning shade today. Can't wait to get it and be able to enjoy more outside time during the rest of the camping season.
__________________

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #1540
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
Ordered a zip-blocker awning shade today. Can't wait to get it and be able to enjoy more outside time during the rest of the camping season.
Hope you have poles of some kind.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.