RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #15641
Senior Member
 
PSUFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 837
What did you do to your camper today?

Busy day today. My oldest daughter and I did 8 miles on the Appalachian trail. Came home and did some work on the camper.

New circuit board for the hot water heater came in from Amazon today so I installed that. Took about 5 minutes.

Then cleaned up the rust spots in our kitchen sink. Used Bar Keepers Friend to remove the rust then Turtle Wax to hopefully prevent future rust.

[ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4382.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	203028  
__________________
Tim & Tracy, Jennifer (17), Alyssa (13), our dog Jazy

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
2006 GMC Envoy Denali V8 & 2005 GMC Envoy I6
PSUFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:11 PM   #15642
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUFan1 View Post
Busy day today. My oldest daughter and I did 8 miles on the Appalachian trail. Came home and did some work on the camper.

New circuit board for the hot water heater came in from Amazon today so I installed that. Took about 5 minutes.

Then cleaned up the rust spots in our kitchen sink. Used Bar Keepers Friend to remove the rust then Turtle Wax to hopefully prevent future rust.

[ATTACH]

Jealous! You obviously live close to the AP Trail system. That would be a blast!
__________________
2019 Flagstaff E-Pro 14FK
JS Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:46 PM   #15643
Senior Member
 
PSUFan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 837
What did you do to your camper today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Stanley;
Jealous! You obviously live close to the AP Trail system. That would be a blast!


Yeah about 30 minute drive. We are lucky to live in Rocksylvania.

Now that she can drive hopefully we can do more sections. We only do day trips.
__________________
Tim & Tracy, Jennifer (17), Alyssa (13), our dog Jazy

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
2006 GMC Envoy Denali V8 & 2005 GMC Envoy I6
PSUFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:46 AM   #15644
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,372
Figured out how to turn off the auto dim feature on my Pioneer stereo/rear camera monitor. Couldn't see toad with lights on in daytime because the screen dimmed out.
Need lights on the keep toad battery charged while driving.
Man, the things you have to know to have an RV. Whew!
__________________
2018 Forester 3011 DS

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:47 AM   #15645
Site Team
 
dcheatwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 4,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
Replaced the toilet seat , the original was very flimsy and would slam shut . Put in a no slam seat , very nice to not hear that slam in the middle of the night
Why pick it up? Lol
__________________
2018 Forester 3011 DS

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #15646
Senior Member
 
DouglasReid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Maurice, LA
Posts: 3,312
Just got a new table top grill smoker to replace the previoius one.

Last one (Smoke Hollow 205) had only one burner. The left side got very hot and right side stayed relatively cool. It was a PITA.

This new one has 2 separately controlled burners and a center burner, mounted low to use if you want to smoke your food too. It has its own separate burner for that too.

I need a couple of brass fittings to adapt it to use the Quick Connect on the camper so I dont' have to carry an additional 20 Lb propane bottle is all.

Got it yesterday and fired it up to burn off any preservative, on on the internals.

Can't wait to try it out! I hope it works as well as it looks like it will.

Here is a link to it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoke-Hollo...53.m2763.l2649
__________________
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL, Gladiator Qr35 ST235/85R16 Load rating G, TST 507 TPMS w/ Flow-thru Sensors & Repeater, Reese Sidewinder 16K Pin Box, PI EMS HW50C
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Turbo Brake activated, 39 gal Aux Tank W/ Fuel Pump transfer, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 air bags.
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 10:45 AM   #15647
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Danville, IL
Posts: 300
Got ours packed up and theoretically ready to go for our trip to Crater of Diamonds state park later this week
__________________
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2013 F-450
emtp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:11 AM   #15648
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 43
I would be very curious to know how you like that park after your trip. My wife keeps bugging me to go there. Digging in dirt is not what this senior citizen wants to do.
__________________
Flagstaff 625D
Danwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:19 AM   #15649
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Danville, IL
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danwilly View Post
I would be very curious to know how you like that park after your trip. My wife keeps bugging me to go there. Digging in dirt is not what this senior citizen wants to do.
No problem. I usually post about the places we stay at in the "Let's see your campsite" threads.
__________________
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2013 F-450
emtp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:09 PM   #15650
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtp82 View Post
Got ours packed up and theoretically ready to go for our trip to Crater of Diamonds state park later this week


Hmmmm. Thatís an hour and half away and Iíve never been there. Good luck on the quest.
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:30 PM   #15651
Recently new!
 
Paulie1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Arizona, in The Land of Scorch!
Posts: 1,135
Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
DouglasReid, looks like a nice grill. Link says something about the legs fold. Do they, and how much does that affect the stored height? I am looking to replace my grill that came with the camper, as it is bulky, crummy heat, non-smoking. Thanks.
__________________
1987 Starcraft Nova tent trailer, purch. '87, sold 8.14
2013 Crusader 290RLT bought new, 8.14 lotsa mods!
2001 Ford F-250 7.3
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:58 PM   #15652
Senior Member
 
Mch5jdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: US
Posts: 377
Made the bed for the first and last time this season. Haha. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6629.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	203075Attachment 1
__________________
Letís go camping!
Mch5jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:15 PM   #15653
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,403
Put off a project until next weekend
I was going to do the under belly led install this weekend but it was so beautiful and we went to epcot instead. So yea. Next weekend. I will post picks. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190427_213822.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	203076
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:51 PM   #15654
Senior Member
 
xgarys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 261
When we use our awning itís usually to provide a dry area outside the door. It rains a lot here. We only have to extend it a couple of feet and itís easy to forget when breaking camp because itís up high out of sight, out of mind. After reading about so many people missing things like that and driving off, I decided that a fail safe measure was in order.

I used an inexpensive timer module from Amazon to interface the awning retract switch to the hydraulic leveler retract function. Five seconds after the retract button is pressed the awning retract function is started.

I hope I donít have to use it but itís nice to know that I have a backup.
xgarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:17 PM   #15655
Senior Member
 
Otegoans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Otego,NY
Posts: 396
Installed a slim shade window unit in the door of our Cedar Creek 5-er. DW did not like being able to see out the door. Happy wife, happy life. If your thinking of one, Dyers RV had the best price on them. Easy to install but is definitely a measure three times, cut once.
__________________
Otegoans
Ken and Wendy
'15 silverback 29RE
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Otegoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:24 PM   #15656
Senior Member
 
Tfort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Just got a new table top grill smoker to replace the previoius one.



Last one (Smoke Hollow 205) had only one burner. The left side got very hot and right side stayed relatively cool. It was a PITA.



This new one has 2 separately controlled burners and a center burner, mounted low to use if you want to smoke your food too. It has its own separate burner for that too.



I need a couple of brass fittings to adapt it to use the Quick Connect on the camper so I dont' have to carry an additional 20 Lb propane bottle is all.



Got it yesterday and fired it up to burn off any preservative, on on the internals.



Can't wait to try it out! I hope it works as well as it looks like it will.



Here is a link to it:



https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoke-Hollo...53.m2763.l2649


Please let us know ho it works. I have been looking at these and have not been brave enough to buy yet. I have been hauling my masterbuilt smoker when we go and it is just to big to be portable.
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:13 AM   #15657
Senior Member
 
DouglasReid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Maurice, LA
Posts: 3,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie1138 View Post
DouglasReid, looks like a nice grill. Link says something about the legs fold. Do they, and how much does that affect the stored height? I am looking to replace my grill that came with the camper, as it is bulky, crummy heat, non-smoking. Thanks.
There are three legs that do fold and reduce the height by about 3". I will post a pic of how I pack and store it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfort View Post
Please let us know ho it works. I have been looking at these and have not been brave enough to buy yet. I have been hauling my masterbuilt smoker when we go and it is just to big to be portable.
I will do that too, but it won't be for about 3 weeks, my work and local ULL (Raginj Cajiuns) Baseball will keep me from leaving for a camping trip until May 15th
__________________
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL, Gladiator Qr35 ST235/85R16 Load rating G, TST 507 TPMS w/ Flow-thru Sensors & Repeater, Reese Sidewinder 16K Pin Box, PI EMS HW50C
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Turbo Brake activated, 39 gal Aux Tank W/ Fuel Pump transfer, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 air bags.
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:34 AM   #15658
Recently new!
 
Paulie1138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Arizona, in The Land of Scorch!
Posts: 1,135
Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Thanks for the height info sir.

X2 on how well does it work....should have asked as well since that is the primary reason to replace the one I have now! But, since it is a Smoke Hollow, they seem to have a great following.
__________________
1987 Starcraft Nova tent trailer, purch. '87, sold 8.14
2013 Crusader 290RLT bought new, 8.14 lotsa mods!
2001 Ford F-250 7.3
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:08 PM   #15659
Senior Member
 
DouglasReid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Maurice, LA
Posts: 3,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie1138 View Post
Thanks for the height info sir.

X2 on how well does it work....should have asked as well since that is the primary reason to replace the one I have now! But, since it is a Smoke Hollow, they seem to have a great following.
Will do, it will be a couple weeks or more til we go camping. I am also adapting it to use a hose to connect to the Quick Disconnect on my camper so I don't have to carry a separate 20 lb propane bottle.
__________________
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL, Gladiator Qr35 ST235/85R16 Load rating G, TST 507 TPMS w/ Flow-thru Sensors & Repeater, Reese Sidewinder 16K Pin Box, PI EMS HW50C
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Turbo Brake activated, 39 gal Aux Tank W/ Fuel Pump transfer, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 air bags.
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:18 PM   #15660
Senior Member
 
Wandering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 740
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8629.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	295.6 KB
ID:	203458
Added a 3rd USB outlet to our camper. This one is over the dinette and made the DW happy. Really easy install, just tapped into power at the light switch. Added a switch to turn it off when boon-docking.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZO...b_b_asin_title
__________________
Forester 2451s
Wandering is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.