Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #1621
NELA

He means "later this fall" as a trip/gittogether back up in PF in November.

Oh, lemme tall ya, there's NUTTIN shabby 'bout that slider build he did for us! Just remember, he doesn't do paint...unless it's his own stuff. LOL

The plywood insert is something he and Sneak decided on at the last minute. He cut the angle iron for it, all Sneak has to do is cut the plywood, paint it, and screw it to the angle iron. Covering that area (he calls it a sump) just inside the basement door makes the slide easier to bring out.

LOL remember, OC is en route to Ms Frankie's class reunion today...he's gonna GIT you when he's able to get back online!

Has he ever shown you that table he made from an old webbing type aluminum lawn chair frame? Sometimes I think he could build a *house* from two sticks and a dozen bricks.

I swear that man's brain has no neutral...gears always spinnin' up there.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #1622
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I have to hand it to Ms Amy. ....
She pretty much cleans the camper for the next trip before we leave from the last.

All we need to do when we get home is clean out fridge and carry laundry tote in the house.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
X2...DW does the same

Old 08-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #1623

Quote:
I have to hand it to Ms Amy. ....
She pretty much cleans the camper for the next trip before we leave from the last.

All we need to do when we get home is clean out fridge and carry laundry tote in the house.

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
Ms Amy must be related to the BOSS.

She cleans the inside while I'm breaking camp(dumping tanks, retracting jacks, hooking up to TV, etc).

Takes me a couple days to give the TT a bath and wash the tanks out real good. Then back it into the shed.

How come it takes me longer to do the outside than it does her on the inside?
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #1624
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Ms Amy must be related to the BOSS.

She cleans the inside while I'm breaking camp(dumping tanks, retracting jacks, hooking up to TV, etc).

Takes me a couple days to give the TT a bath and wash the tanks out real good. Then back it into the shed.

What, you don't take "breaks"?

[emoji482] [emoji482]

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #1625

Like I said,

Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 08-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #1626
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Like I said,

I hear you loud and clear!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #1627

Quote:
I hear you loud and clear!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
To be honest, the only suds I have go on the TT!

When it's 95* and 75% humidity, you don't move very fast.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Nights camped 2018 = 3
Old 08-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #1628

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I don't understand, your quality of work is going down, must be OLD AGE. How do do you not install a complete package EMBARRASSING.......:roflblac k: What is wrong with later fall? no big hurry the camper will still be their.
Well, at least OC bolted Sneak & Weezer's in the basement for them - he just plopped mine down by the site of the 5er at Goshen

(Which is fine actually since I DO need topaint the frame and remove a bit of rust here and there (MAN it rained Tusday )
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #1629

Worked on axel mounts
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #1630

Certainly not bragging here... All I did tonight was put on my max air vent cover and my king antenna deal. I got 17 channels and a couple fuzzies I might can adjust a little.

Ordered a couple more things from that blasted website... New propane portable grill and an anniversary gift for wife...not related to camping.

I have been bragging about how good she is at picking anniversary gifts for me and having me order them. I think today was the last order. I gotta stop spending money or start hating myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:24 AM   #1631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
He means "later this fall" as a trip/gittogether back up in PF in November.

Oh, lemme tall ya, there's NUTTIN shabby 'bout that slider build he did for us! Just remember, he doesn't do paint...unless it's his own stuff. LOL

The plywood insert is something he and Sneak decided on at the last minute. He cut the angle iron for it, all Sneak has to do is cut the plywood, paint it, and screw it to the angle iron. Covering that area (he calls it a sump) just inside the basement door makes the slide easier to bring out.

LOL remember, OC is en route to Ms Frankie's class reunion today...he's gonna GIT you when he's able to get back online!

Has he ever shown you that table he made from an old webbing type aluminum lawn chair frame? Sometimes I think he could build a *house* from two sticks and a dozen bricks.

I swear that man's brain has no neutral...gears always spinnin' up there.
Yes I did he offered one to me, but We just do not have the room he has for a pass through storage. Yes I know about him and painting, first time there I painted all his spare rocking chairs board for him, and I also had to paint my own to. I didn't take his offer up on the sump cover, because I carry some tall stuff in there. So I just cut a piece of 1/2" to lay across, so the slide will come out easier and farther. Ya I'm sure he will get me later, but I'm in your camp on his capability's. He has done so much for me already. What did you think of his 200 clamp collection? He's a good guy and I just love to pull his chain. He is usually right but to me it's fun to argue with the Old Man. But in the end we are still friends. I bet you like his work and you got the legs reinforced I saw, You won't be bending them baby's. Lippert wanted to take mine off saying I didn't need them anymore, and I flat said no. Sorry I couldn't get by to meet ya, but I'm sure our paths will cross. take care and Happy camping.... I did get the venison from Youroo but no CATHEAD biscuits. I always thought you were going to Goshen, but I was wrong again just ask the Old Coot.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:00 AM   #1632
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Not really today but a mod worth mentioning. I purchased online 2 4000lb trailer tongue jacks for $99 ea. I cut out 7" of the down tube. I also ordered two of the flip feet and mounted them to my modified jacks. Then, using some 2 x 6 x 3/16 " wall tubing, I fabbed up mounts that I welded to the jacks. Utilizing some 1/2" grade 8 bolts I fastened the assemblies to the rear section of the I - beam frame of the coach. I wired them from the battery through a circuit breaker with 10 gauge wire.
I am now able to fully level the coach without worrying about stacking blocks under the tires. They are powerful enough that it will lift my tires off the ground, though it won't be normal practice. The coach is alot more stable now too since the feet lock in when in position. My front hydraulic jacks are self equalizing so the side to side leveling is done through the rear then I level front to back with the front gear.
Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1409227081042.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	61614   Click image for larger version

Name:	1409227110908.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	61615   Click image for larger version

Name:	1409227170076.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	61616  
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:14 AM   #1633
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I don't understand, your quality of work is going down, must be OLD AGE. How do do you not install a complete package EMBARRASSING.......:roflblac k: What is wrong with later fall? no big hurry the camper will still be their.
I do remember a certain Old Foggy painting his own. You were supposed to be here running the paint dept. when Sneak & Weezer got here. You're the expert on painting. Just one of your fortes. I guess your CRS is kickin' in.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:22 AM   #1634
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Well, at least OC bolted Sneak & Weezer's in the basement for them - he just plopped mine down by the site of the 5er at Goshen

(Which is fine actually since I DO need topaint the frame and remove a bit of rust here and there (MAN it rained Tusday )
No paint/no install was in exchange for free delivery to Goshen. Everyone else had to paint their own, install their own and pay shipping.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #1635

taking the day off from drilling the axel mounts, 6 more to go then bolts to install. My 68 yr old arms are sore today
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #1636

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Replaced the grease in my EZ lube axles today. That was a lot messier job than I anticipated and a lot messier than the youtube video I watched! I'm glad it's done now.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #1637
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by presley01 View Post
taking the day off from drilling the axel mounts, 6 more to go then bolts to install. My 68 yr old arms are sore today
That's exactly how old I was when I drilled the 8 holes in the 08Flagstaff. It is an extremely difficult job. The last 4, I rigged up a short 2x4 and a longer one and used it to press the drill thru the steel tubing. Much easier.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:38 PM   #1638

Picked the poor girl up from the dealer, gave them much grief about how I told them they weren't going to make the deadline they agreed to. Then had a tire on my truck come apart on the way home and the rest aren't terribly hot either.

So a set of tires will be put on the truck tomorrow, I left the truck and trailer connected so that I could just tow the 5er up there and get it's tires balanced at the same time.

Monday will see me installing my 6V batteries, measuring the battery boxes so I can modify them with ABS plastic to compensate for the extra height.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #1639
NELA

Glenn,

I think I quit counting clamps at 532.

OC and TOWTA are the finest of fine folks!

I admired his old treddle sewing machine cabinet drawers he has attached to the side of his work table, and the next thing I know Ms Frankie is missing. I went looking for her and found her coming down out of the attic with a *beautifully* finished set as a gift for me.

OC, tell Ms Frankie I figured out what I'm going to do with them. They'll look great sitting on my brick fireplace hearth, off to the side. The drawers are perfect for those long lighters, long matches and pieces of the 7' pine tap root I spent weeks chopping up in to 1"X4" sticks with a hatchet *years* ago. Dad brought that tap root over for me on a flat bed trailer probably 10 or 11 years ago.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #1640

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I do remember a certain Old Foggy painting his own. You were supposed to be here running the paint dept. when Sneak & Weezer got here. You're the expert on painting. Just one of your fortes. I guess your CRS is kickin' in.
MY CRS is always kicking in, I tried to be their for Weezer, We would have been done with the whole project. As far as Bob, Quote OC will not paint. He hates it. Don't complane you got one of his great shelf's. I know of only 3 plus his, mine, weezers and yours. He puts a lot of work making them. And that is his own Mod. That works great.....Thanks OC, since I can't call you anything else anymore......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper

« Picking a WDH | - »