RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 04-19-2020, 07:04 PM   #17101

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapex View Post
Definitely will, from all the information I've been reading on here from the best forum members, with years of experience.

I have all my material to do the same to our 5er. Just need the temperature to go above 70.
6 years weekend camping Class C
2017 camping 20 days and counting
Brand2328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:14 PM   #17102

Swept it out after working in there. Where I removed the upper bunk, I used a power finish sander on the wood putty, added more putty, cut out some luan rounds with a hole saw for spacers, and installed the clothes rod up near the ceiling from wall to cabinet. Looking forward to covering the holes with the deer in the woods wallpaper border I bought.
I remounted my ball assembly on my WDH stinger to raise it about five inches. I swapped my axle from above to below the springs, an "axle flip". Took it over to the high school to accurately measure on a flat surface. End result, TT is 1/2" front high. Close enough! Stinger holes are about 1 & 1/2" apart. I had it one hole up and remounted it down one. Wore me out!
Weighed with the HaulGauge on the HS road.
8400# GCW, 650# tongue weight. I want to CAT Scale to compare.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2236.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	198.1 KB
ID:	227300   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2237.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	227301  
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:33 PM   #17103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand2328 View Post
I have all my material to do the same to our 5er. Just need the temperature to go above 70.
Yeah temperature was perfect today for me to get started. I would've done more but, my knees were not willing to stay bent but so long.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:47 PM   #17104

Wash and waxed the truck and trailer and cleaned inside of both.
Treated all the seals, slides, windows, doors, and latches.
Treated fridge vent plastics and A/C cover with 303.
Removed old dicor from the roof cap and replaced with etrnabond.
Rinsed water system after sanitizing.

Need to finish the eternabond the rest of the way around still.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200419_192003.jpeg
Views:	120
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	227307
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:33 AM   #17105

From the orientation of the photo it looks like you installed a dance pole. <smile>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
Swept it out after working in there. Where I removed the upper bunk, I used a power finish sander on the wood putty, added more putty, cut out some luan rounds with a hole saw for spacers, and installed the clothes rod up near the ceiling from wall to cabinet. Looking forward to covering the holes with the deer in the woods wallpaper border I bought.
I remounted my ball assembly on my WDH stinger to raise it about five inches. I swapped my axle from above to below the springs, an "axle flip". Took it over to the high school to accurately measure on a flat surface. End result, TT is 1/2" front high. Close enough! Stinger holes are about 1 & 1/2" apart. I had it one hole up and remounted it down one. Wore me out!
Weighed with the HaulGauge on the HS road.
8400# GCW, 650# tongue weight. I want to CAT Scale to compare.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:47 AM   #17106
Site Team

Installed an exact match CO/LP detector to replace the original which aged out.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 = 108; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #17107

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenkyle05 View Post
Installed a Husky Super Foot today. No more wood blocks to carry. Hopefully we get to use this year. Attachment 226199
So whats the purpose of this other than adding more tongue weight? My Wildwood already came with an adjustable foot pad. Dont really need any wood block anyways....
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #17108

I love them foam canons. Got one last year, hope to try it out on the camper as soon as it gets back from dealer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Steve View Post
Washed camper with new product today. Slick Products foam wash and wax. I ran it through a foam cannon on my power washer. I am now getting rid of the zip wax I have always been using. I was able to foam the whole side and front of the camper and then brush it all in. You can feel the slickness of this product while brushing it in it is crazy. I did wax my camper last year but was looking dull after the winter. One was and she is back to shining. Will be using this more often no more bucket to carry around.
Mizterusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #17109

Quote:
Managed to get started on my Eternabond project today. I probably didn't need to run 2 passes for the font cap area, but why not can't hurt. I also treated my slide out rubber seals and sprayed my electric rack and pinion gears with dry lube. Then operated it, running in and out. Considering doing yard camping out, tonight with grandson staying over. They grow up to darn fast!
Attachment 227273Attachment 227274Attachment 227275
You did I nice job, it takes work but you did a nice job, no need to worry anymore, I did the same last year, glad I did it. Nice job once again looks great.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #17110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
You did I nice job, it takes work but you did a nice job, no need to worry anymore, I did the same last year, glad I did it. Nice job once again looks great.
Thanks Witch Doctor, OCD runs kinda in my blood.
First attempt was on the front cap area, to get the hang of it. Once I got the understanding of our sticky this amazing product was. I began taking it quite seriously, to do a little bit at a time. Cause once applied, there wasn't no repositioning it!
Old 04-22-2020, 01:18 PM   #17111

Quote:
Thanks Witch Doctor, OCD runs kinda in my blood.
First attempt was on the front cap area, to get the hang of it. Once I got the understanding of our sticky this amazing product was. I began taking it quite seriously, to do a little bit at a time. Cause once applied, there wasn't no repositioning it!
Great job, roof looks good. When do you want to start on mine.

Seriously, I still have my old 2006 TT which I only use a week once a year for deer hunting (DW won't allow me to take 5er). I replaced the outer shell of the skylight in the bath on it last year as it had cracked, leaking and doing some water damage to the decking (spongy now) around the skylight. I used a self-leveling lap sealant on it to seal around it, but have always found sealant to fail after a couple of years. I was thinking I would bring it home and put eternabond tape around the skylight, A/C, vents and all along the edges & seams like you did. Hopefully it will be the last time I have to do anything on the roof for quite awhile.

You mentioned that you only worked with the eternabond a little bit at a time. Was wondering what kind of lengths did you work with at a time and did you elect to cut it to length first as you worked with it or did you just keep it attached to the roll only cutting it when you got to the right length? If you cut it first, did you have to butt it up to a previous cut and how difficult was that? Also what did you do to prep the roof before starting? How many 50' rolls did you end up using? 2" or 4" wide rolls? Any other tidbits I should look out for?

A lot of questions I know, but inquiring minds want to know.
Again your roof looks great! Thanks for your contribution and post.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 SRW Duramax
Demco AutoSlide 18k
GMRCK25D - Rear Axle Timbren SES Suspension Upgrade
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #17112

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
Great job, roof looks good. When do you want to start on mine.

Seriously, I still have my old 2006 TT which I only use a week once a year for deer hunting (DW won't allow me to take 5er). I replaced the outer shell of the skylight in the bath on it last year as it had cracked, leaking and doing some water damage to the decking (spongy now) around the skylight. I used a self-leveling lap sealant on it to seal around it, but have always found sealant to fail after a couple of years. I was thinking I would bring it home and put eternabond tape around the skylight, A/C, vents and all along the edges & seams like you did. Hopefully it will be the last time I have to do anything on the roof for quite awhile.

You mentioned that you only worked with the eternabond a little bit at a time. Was wondering what kind of lengths did you work with at a time and did you elect to cut it to length first as you worked with it or did you just keep it attached to the roll only cutting it when you got to the right length? If you cut it first, did you have to butt it up to a previous cut and how difficult was that? Also what did you do to prep the roof before starting? How many 50' rolls did you end up using? 2" or 4" wide rolls? Any other tidbits I should look out for?

A lot of questions I know, but inquiring minds want to know.
Again your roof looks great! Thanks for your contribution and post.
Thanks for the compliment LittleBill.
Pictured below is the kit order from Amazon.
(2) rolls 4" × 50'
(1) can spray EternaClean...goes along way, "the way I used it".
(1) can EternaPrimer
The rubber rollers I order separate, came in different sizes.. Amazon.
First I cleaned areas really well with the "cleaner"by a rag and my index finger. I left the roll attached, not cutting, doing the long runs first. Then used the "primer" spraying only 8" at a time, till it became tacky/sticky. Once, I established my starting point, I only exposed the backside only 3" to 4" sticking to the primer rubbing with my index finger. Only cutting once, after I got to my cutting point, to the otherside. Making sure not to mess up where I wanted to cut it. I measured around bathroom skylight dome.
I decided to do (2) runs across the front, where the roof meets the front cap, due to my preference. I placed the first run directly on the calked area, then offset the second run. I choose to do this, but others have done only (1) run. I plan on calking the edge of the 2nd run though.
Hope this answers your questions.

Name:	20200229_164752.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	227455
Old 04-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #17113
Site Team

A couple days ago, I re-caulked the roof seam above the bedroom cabinets. The drivers side of the seam has had leaks into the bedroom overhead cabinets and this is the 3rd time it's been re-caulked.
This area seems to be flexing more than other areas of the roof, causing cracks and gaps in the caulk.
Have had almost an inch of rain today, after more than two weeks of no rain and no more leaking.
If this happens again, I'll scrape off all the old caulk and put Eternabond on the whole seam.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #17114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizterusa View Post
So whats the purpose of this other than adding more tongue weight? My Wildwood already came with an adjustable foot pad. Dont really need any wood block anyways....
My Salem had the adjustable foot pad like your Wildwood. This is a easier to use, just pull the spring loaded pin when dropping and it falls into place. Plus the foot is bigger. It only weighs 12 lbs. And my wife can handle it easier if she is manning the jack.
mikenkyle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:33 PM   #17115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenkyle05 View Post
And my wife can handle it easier if she is manning the jack.
HA! I'd like to see my wife volunteer to do anything associated with hooking up the TT. I'm doin' good to get her to place a couple leveling blocks while I'm backing up the TT for the third or fourth time!
Old 04-23-2020, 12:13 PM   #17116

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment LittleBill.
Pictured below is the kit order from Amazon.
(2) rolls 4" × 50'
(1) can spray EternaClean...goes along way, "the way I used it".
(1) can EternaPrimer
The rubber rollers I order separate, came in different sizes.. Amazon.
First I cleaned areas really well with the "cleaner"by a rag and my index finger. I left the roll attached, not cutting, doing the long runs first. Then used the "primer" spraying only 8" at a time, till it became tacky/sticky. Once, I established my starting point, I only exposed the backside only 3" to 4" sticking to the primer rubbing with my index finger. Only cutting once, after I got to my cutting point, to the otherside. Making sure not to mess up where I wanted to cut it. I measured around bathroom skylight dome.
I decided to do (2) runs across the front, where the roof meets the front cap, due to my preference. I placed the first run directly on the calked area, then offset the second run. I choose to do this, but others have done only (1) run. I plan on calking the edge of the 2nd run though.
Hope this answers your questions.
Attachment 227455
Ordered kit and rollers from Amazon today. Suppose to get it between April 30th and May 5th. Thanks for your help.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 SRW Duramax
Demco AutoSlide 18k
GMRCK25D - Rear Axle Timbren SES Suspension Upgrade
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:17 PM   #17117

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
Ordered kit and rollers from Amazon today. Suppose to get it between April 30th and May 5th. Thanks for your help.
You're welcome LittleBill. Post back on your results on your Eterna project! Have fun and enjoy!
Old 04-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #17118

Rerouted heater thermostat wire.
After removing the upper bunk, which the wire was routed through, I need to protect it.
First I thought I could remove the top trim and drill holes through the upright 2x2 framing. Then I discovered there was a 2x2 top piece under the trim. IF I removed the side trim to drill a small hole saw with extension through the studs, I still couldn't grab the wire to feed it through. So I decided to get my thinnest wood chisel out, 3/8", and chisel out a groove in the top 2x2, then drilled a hole from that down into the frame. I duct taped the wire in place then reinstalled the top padded trim piece.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2245.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	227514   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2246.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	305.5 KB
ID:	227515  
Old 04-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #17119

Added vent covers to the roof. Had to drill holes in the Dometic 1500 cover to turn it into a 1400 cover, which don't exist anymore, even though Dometic swears they do! Funny how it came with the rivets for the 1400 cover which can't be used unless you drill holes in the 1500 cover.

Also added an LED light strip to the passthru storage, and it's turned on with the switch that turns on the front LED strip.

Added a 3.5" led puck light to the entry way, turned on by a switch just inside the doorway on the left, mounted at the same height as the light. Makes it easy to get some light in the camper before stepping into it.

Drilled drain holes, and added rubber feet to the battery box to keep it from moving around.

Stuck some aluminum tape behind the LED bulbs (oh yea, added those too) to increase the efficiency a little bit.

Added some wire loom around the battery cables, that were just flapping around from the dealer "install".

Added more wire loom to the propane line that was laying on top of the chassis below the tanks to keep it from wearing away.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0665.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	227517   Click image for larger version

Name:	dometic cover installed.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	227518   Click image for larger version

Name:	passthru lighting.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	267.5 KB
ID:	227519   Click image for larger version

Name:	entry lighting.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	227520   Click image for larger version

Name:	battery box.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	227521  

Name:	bulb reflector.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	227522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0828 (Medium).jpg
Views:	114
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	227523   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0827 (Medium).jpg
Views:	114
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	227524  
Old 04-23-2020, 07:59 PM   #17120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
... Stuck some aluminum tape behind the LED bulbs (oh yea, added those too) to increase the efficiency a little bit. ...
Good idea. I have plenty left over from an AC project.

Tags
camper