RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-27-2020, 11:20 AM   #17381

It took 3 years.....

So, 3 years ago I bought matching towel rod and TP holder for the bathroom. Installed the TP holder and held off on the towel rod until I could decide exactly where it should go. Stuck it in a closet and of course, forgot about it. Installed it this past weekend, mounting the holding brackets with pop rivets in the hollow wall.

Edit....photo shows sideways, file opens oriented correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0766 (003).JPG
Views:	125
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	234971  

Days camping previous years: Not Enough
Days camping in 2020: Still Not Enough
MaineCampingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #17382

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyMc40 View Post
What tire covers do you recommend? Ours tire blew out 30 minutes into a long trip and the repair man said it was due to weathering, we need covers and are fairly new owners.
Tireman9 said to pick a light colored cover as this will/does reduce the tire temp.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:33 PM   #17383

Tired of climbing to inspect the slide out roof before closing

I made an inspection mirror using a 12” Acrylic Convex Mirror attached to a extension stick. I'm going to use it to do a quick inspection of my slide out roof before closing. Nine times out of ten theirs nothing up there so this seems to be a good way to due a quick inspection before closing the slide.
It there is something up there, then I get out my ladder and do a sweep.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mirror and Pole.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	234980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirror Attached.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	234981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broom on Pole.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	234982  
Old 07-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #17384
Usually Confused Member

I’ve noticed that the range of the Netgear Nighthawk hotspot seems to be about 90 feet or so, while the range of the OneControl WiFi router is at least 150 feet. I know that because sitting in my den 150 feet from the carport MH parking spot I can easily connect to OneControl but not the Nighthawk.

So, today I opened up the access for the area where the OC is located and ran an Ethernet cable to connect it to the Nighthawk, meaning the OneControl now has an internet connection. I don’t think it will be needed much but at least it’s now available.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:37 PM   #17385

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I’ve noticed that the range of the Netgear Nighthawk hotspot seems to be about 90 feet or so, while the range of the OneControl WiFi router is at least 150 feet. I know that because sitting in my den 150 feet from the carport MH parking spot I can easily connect to OneControl but not the Nighthawk.

So, today I opened up the access for the area where the OC is located and ran an Ethernet cable to connect it to the Nighthawk, meaning the OneControl now has an internet connection. I don’t think it will be needed much but at least it’s now available.
Which nighthawk and what channel? My R7000 covers my house just fine from one end on 2.4 and 5GHz.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:06 PM   #17386
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
Which nighthawk and what channel? My R7000 covers my house just fine from one end on 2.4 and 5GHz.
Not the “home” version. Use a Nighthawk M1 MR1100 cellular powered hotspot. Receives AT&T or Verizon signals and transmits 2.4 and 5g WiFi signals. Receives cellular really well with the external antenna but transmit signal is limited with no external antenna. Works fine (over 40 mbps at times) but only good out to 90 feet or so.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #17387

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
While cleaning the two AC units I found two bad spots in the rubber roof. I decided to solve those problems once and for all.

First O removed the two AC units and the Camco cover over the bathroom vent. Then I thoroughly washed the roof. Finally I applied two coats of Gaco Roof on the entire roof.

It is a silicone based product with a 50 year guarantee that is fully compatible with RV Rubber roofing products. It stays flexible and was significantly less expensive than replacing the rubber membrane.
Looks Great! Thanks for sharing I will definitely consider this at some point. Did you take any before pics?
Nemisportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #17388

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
While cleaning the two AC units I found two bad spots in the rubber roof. I decided to solve those problems once and for all.

First O removed the two AC units and the Camco cover over the bathroom vent. Then I thoroughly washed the roof. Finally I applied two coats of Gaco Roof on the entire roof.

It is a silicone based product with a 50 year guarantee that is fully compatible with RV Rubber roofing products. It stays flexible and was significantly less expensive than replacing the rubber membrane.
Do you by any chance know if Eternabond will stick to this roof coating? I can't imagine anything it would not stick to, but silicone worries me since the protective plastic-like sheet on the glue side of Eternabond that is pulled off is a silicone material.

Also, any thoughts on how slippery this might be in the rain. I've only had to go onto my roof twice, but both times it was wet.
Hclarkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:27 PM   #17389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hclarkx View Post
Do you by any chance know if Eternabond will stick to this roof coating? I can't imagine anything it would not stick to, but silicone worries me since the protective plastic-like sheet on the glue side of Eternabond that is pulled off is a silicone material.

Also, any thoughts on how slippery this might be in the rain. I've only had to go onto my roof twice, but both times it was wet.
https://gaco.com/homeowner/resources/faqs/:

"Can GacoRoof be applied to roof decks or walkways?
Silicone can be slick, especially when the surface is wet, so GacoRoof should not be used for areas with foot traffic. GacoDeck Kit is a better choice for roof decks."
Old 07-29-2020, 11:26 AM   #17390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemisportsman View Post
Looks Great! Thanks for sharing I will definitely consider this at some point. Did you take any before pics?
Sadly, I did not. The cover over the camper is only between 3-4' above the roof so I had to do this on my hands and knees. The lighting left only darkness and poor photos.

Quote:

Eternabond does not stick to it, I just tried a piece and as I said, it would not stick.

It is VERY slippery when it is wet, particularly if yo are wearing an old worn out pair of Croc's, I now this for a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
https://gaco.com/homeowner/resources/faqs/:

"Can GacoRoof be applied to roof decks or walkways?
Silicone can be slick, especially when the surface is wet, so GacoRoof should not be used for areas with foot traffic. GacoDeck Kit is a better choice for roof decks."
As you stated Gaco does not recommend walkingon the roof except for occasional maintenance purposes.

For areas of higher traffic they recommend coating the Gaco Roof with their Gaco Liquid Roof Tape which is not slippery.

I used the Liquid Roof tape to cover all the areas with Dicor Lap Sealant years ago because I have had poor experiences with it cracking and leaking. The Liquid Roof Tape Never cracked or leaked in the 6 years it was down before I just covered it with the Gaco Roof.
Old 07-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #17391

Quote:

I have no experience with the mentioned product, but I know that the eternabond will not stick to the Henrys Tropicool silcone product I used on mine. I could not even get a sharpie to write on it when I installed my solor panels.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:48 AM   #17392

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelam View Post
Installed bidet

Seriously considering this - what model of bidet is it? Also, your toilet space looks almost identical to mine and I have that same bath mat too.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:36 AM   #17393

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeF View Post
Seriously considering this - what model of bidet is it? Also, your toilet space looks almost identical to mine and I have that same bath mat too.
Below is what I installed, in hind sight, I would look for one with a “clean” function that tricked water down the nozzle. That would make it easier to winterize without having it spray in your face.

Also, if you have small kids or guest on a regular basis make sure you put a shutoff in line with it. Last weekend we had a family reunion and my camp site became the hang out/ porta John. Several people being unfamiliar with the foot flush sprayed themselves with the bidet by accident. Also, it was left on ever so slightly which over flowed the bowl and made a huge mess, twice....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1A1D47E5-D4CA-4050-BA0B-288189C2810F.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	235182  
sdelam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #17394

Switched out the fixed a/c vent with a directional dampener to better direct the air and shut them off when not needed or if more air needed in different part of trailer. So far i like them.Click image for larger version

Name:	A10-3361VP.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	235204Click image for larger version

Name:	A10-3359VP.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	235205
mikenkyle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:16 PM   #17395
Texas Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenkyle05 View Post
Switched out the fixed a/c vent with a directional dampener to better direct the air and shut them off when not needed or if more air needed in different part of trailer. So far i like them.Attachment 235204Attachment 235205
Great idea! Do you have a link to your source or a part number?
Nights Camping: 2019 (19) 2020 (18)

"I May Not Be Too Smart But I'm Always Thinking"
Moore Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:18 PM   #17396

Quote:
Switched out the fixed a/c vent with a directional dampener to better direct the air and shut them off when not needed or if more air needed in different part of trailer. So far i like them.Attachment 235204Attachment 235205
Thinking about doing that to my 5th but just not sure if need to order complete replacement unit (vent swivel + housing). Did you have any problem changing them out, like was it just the vent swivel part or did you have to replace the existing housing in the ceiling?

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 SRW Duramax
Demco AutoSlide 18k
GMRCK25D - Rear Axle Timbren SES Suspension Upgrade
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:34 PM   #17397
Benchdog

I added a piece of molding to the corners because the staples were popping loose before I found the paneling on the floor.

Removed the bathroom door and replaced it with a shower curtain. The DW like the door open and always blocking something.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_154511.jpeg
Views:	91
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	235207

2019 Grey Wolf
20RDSE
2019 Tundra

"Enjoying Family and Life"
benchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:48 PM   #17398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore Travels View Post
Great idea! Do you have a link to your source or a part number?
I got them off of Amazon for half the price of anywhere else. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200730-194533_Amazon Shopping.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	235209
Old 07-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #17399

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBill View Post
Thinking about doing that to my 5th but just not sure if need to order complete replacement unit (vent swivel + housing). Did you have any problem changing them out, like was it just the vent swivel part or did you have to replace the existing housing in the ceiling?
It came with the housing but it was identical to factory installed one so i just switched the vent out. Took less than five minutes to do 5.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:56 PM   #17400
Now a "Top Member"

Quote:
I did this to a couple of vents, and will do it to all eventually. I had to cut a little though as the replacement vents were just a tiny bit bigger. But it works nice.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper