Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2016, 07:10 AM   #7741

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacalli View Post
Also added backspash to the washroom wall...

That came out really nice. Is it peel and stick or did you have to use an adhesive or thin-set?
Goodyear Endurance Tires
Dr-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:15 AM   #7742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr-G View Post

That came out really nice. Is it peel and stick or did you have to use an adhesive or thin-set?
Thanks Dr-G!

It is good 'ol peel and stick, but, I did also add Gorilla Glue to the back of them as well. I did not want those suckers to come loose, they are on there forever now
dmacalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:12 PM   #7743

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacalli View Post
Thanks Dr-G!

It is good 'ol peel and stick, but, I did also add Gorilla Glue to the back of them as well. I did not want those suckers to come loose, they are on there forever now

Nice Job looks great

2016 F350 CREW 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
Old 05-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #7744

Ladder mount for the Tailgater installed, 32" tv replaced a 19".

Fridge turned on.....

Tailgater activated, setup and working great.

Battery in the smoke detector replaced, LP detector tested.
Old 05-22-2016, 05:04 PM   #7745
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizJedi View Post
Let's see. Leaving for Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores in a few days, so...

Bought a towel rack/shelf for the bath room. Haven't put it up yet. Put the beach towels in the camper, installed an A/B switch so I can send the satellite signal throughout the trailer, but also switch back to antenna without unscrewing any coax, tried the LP gas line to hook the grill into the quick connect line (didn't work the way the dealer said), and measured the cabinet doors under the dinette seats so I can put some Slider drawers in.

Changed the oil in my truck and decided to replace one of the truck batteries that the sight glass has said was bad for 2 years. Naturally Auto Zone's tester declared it bad, despite it showing 12.79 volts. I bought a new one (not from Auto Zone) anyway since I don't want the other one to go bad while we are gone.

Now, to bring the trailer home from storage and start stocking up 9 days of stuff for 5 people.

j
Would you mind sharing what a/b switch you used to get the satellite to work throughout the trailer?

I would like to send the signal from the bedroom to the bunk room while only using 1 receiver
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #7746

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizJedi View Post
Let's see. Leaving for Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores in a few days, so...
j
Hope you have fun, The weather down at Gulf State was great!
We just got back from a weeks stay.
2020 is a BUST!
ejknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 06:29 PM   #7747

Rough day at the baseball field, but good day at home.

Yesterday....
Got the waxing / cleaning done. Installed and setup the EEZ RV TPMS. Organized the basement.

Today, replaced the two bad LED lights. Installed the new Andersen ball funnel. Started loading towels and stuff in for the beach trip on Thursday.

Let's camp.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #7748

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgourlie View Post
Would you mind sharing what a/b switch you used to get the satellite to work throughout the trailer?

I would like to send the signal from the bedroom to the bunk room while only using 1 receiver
Here is what I bought. $7 from a lot of sources on Amazon. Search for "Coax A/B stitch"

I put my satellite box in the living room. My antenna booster is in there and I use the output from the antenna booster as the "A" side of the switch. On my booster it is the coax cable on the right, but here's a pic of the booster most of us have. I screw the cable I took off the booster into the "Output" on the switch.

The "B" side of the switch is from my Sat receiver. A and B don't really matter, but I've always used A for antenna. Otherwise I can't remember.

This setup also works if you are on park cable, but want to use your satellite too. The park cable is the middle jack on the antenna booster and with the booster off, is a pass through. "A" on the switch now automatically becomes the park cable side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejknight View Post
Hope you have fun, The weather down at Gulf State was great!
We just got back from a weeks stay.
Thanks! I've been keeping an eye on the weather channel forecasts. It looks like it is going to be 80s and sunny most of the time we are there. I can't wait.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:15 PM   #7749

Put the TT back in the storage lot after our ten day, 2400 mile trip. Everything went well as usual.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2021: 35 nights already booked so far
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:38 PM   #7750

Talking Getting it ready for our big trip

Sanitized the fresh water tank, got a cable lock for our new Honda generator and 30 amp surge protector. Headed for S Dakota in less than 2 weeks.
Stetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #7751

Yesterday I finished making, and installed my scissor-jack stabilizer brackets, which clamp onto the suspension sub-frame.

The scissor jacks are BAL jacks, designed for mounting straight onto the I-frame, but the LP pipe is in the way on one side, and my sewer-coupling mod is in the way on the other side, so I made these brackets out of 1/8" x 3" flat steel bar, mounted them to each of the existing flange brackets with 3/8" bolts with nylock nuts, and used 3/8" x 3" bolts through between the brackets to clamp the brackets to the sub-frame. The bolts are snug above/below the frame, and should hopefully hold enough weight for stabilization purposes.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #7752
Site Team

This weekend I reinforced the bunk in my trailer that has a sticker that says it's supposed to hold up to 300 lbs. The teenage girl that was on it when it broke is no where near 300 lbs.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:06 AM   #7753

I also installed an HDMI input panel, in the little cubby under the TV.

It's connected to second HDMI input on TV (I fed the wire through from the back of the TV, when pulling out the analog audio connectors, which have already been replaced by an optical audio cable).

Unfortunately the front HDMI input on iRV-66 doesn't support HDCP and thus won't allow input from PS3/4 playing BluRay, so I had been stuck with having a cable dangling from the back of the TV.
This at least makes it a little neater.

Old 05-23-2016, 10:32 AM   #7754

Also made a "slide out sweeper" for clearing debris off the top of the slides when packing up camp.
I used a flat mop/broom thing I found in Lowes, a cheap telescoping handle also from Lowes (extends up to 5ft), and a 3/4 slip x 1/2" threaded PVC pipe connector.

I cut about 6 inches off the end of the mop handle, and used epoxy to mount the pipe fitting on the end of the handle. I also drilled 2 small holes and used some screws to secure it extra tight.

The extended handle screws into the threaded pipe fitting. Of course the threads are vastly different, but the pipe fitting threads seem to just bite into the extending handle thread well, and give a reasonably secure connection. We'll see how well it holds up over time.
From a quick test it seems that it works fairly well so long as you mostly sweep right-to-left (otherwise it has a tendency to want to unscrew)

Old 05-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #7755

Unfortunately not everything went so well as my mods ...

I found a hole in the floor in the bunk-room, near the 2nd bath door.
I can only assume that this happened from the bunk ladder falling off the bunk, tho' I didn't notice the damage at the time, and it's only a light aluminum ladder falling from just over 4ft.

The floor does feel a little soft immediately around the area, but I don't think it's gone all the way through (though close).

Any suggestions on how to repair this would be appreciated, since I very much doubt FR will cover this under warranty.

I'm thinking of perhaps trying to lift up the damaged area of aluminum (without cutting any further) so that I can fill the hole with some of that wood-filler epoxy stuff ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000AB0SX8 ), and then glue the linoleum back down once it's hardened.

I know it won't be a flawless repair, but I don't want to have to replace the flooring in the entire camper (and it seems to be continuous from the living room area)

Any better ideas or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:15 PM   #7756
Citrus County, Fl.

Installed a Roadmaster Tow Defender rock shield screen that goes between the MH and the toad. Finished loading up and heading out Tuesday for the Mayberry Rally.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:19 PM   #7757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
This weekend I reinforced the bunk in my trailer that has a sticker that says it's supposed to hold up to 300 lbs. The teenage girl that was on it when it broke is no where near 300 lbs.
Interested what type of bunk it is, since I'm a little concerned about our top bunk too (also with a teen), and interested in how you reinforced it.
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #7758
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
Interested what type of bunk it is, since I'm a little concerned about our top bunk too (also with a teen), and interested in how you reinforced it.
I always forget to take pictures but I have a Palomino Sabre 36QBOK. The bunk area looks like this:

That upper bunk above the couch is what broke. It's essentially a bunch of 1x1's held together with long staples. The only screws on the entire thing are the ones holding the decorative trim piece on the front with the sticker that says "max weight 300 lbs". There are also brackets on either side attached to the wall that hold it up when it's folded out.

I'm assuming it broke because the girl put most of her weight on the front right corner right by the sticker. This caused one of the boards to split and the staples to pull out. The bracket pulled slightly out of the wall as well.

I basically added some more 1x1 boards to hold it together and added a bunch of screws instead of relying on staples.

I also added some 2x4's along the edge of the wall that go from the floor to the bracket. There was just enough room between the arms of the couch and the wall to fit them in. This way it's supported more by the 2x4's rather than just the brackets themselves.

It was a quick fix using the material I had on hand. Honestly I need to simply rebuild the entire thing using better/heavier material.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:27 PM   #7759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
I always forget to take pictures but I have a Palomino Sabre 36QBOK. The bunk area looks like this:

That upper bunk above the couch is what broke. It's essentially a bunch of 1x1's held together with long staples. The only screws on the entire thing are the ones holding the decorative trim piece on the front with the sticker that says "max weight 300 lbs". There are also brackets on either side attached to the wall that hold it up when it's folded out.

I'm assuming it broke because the girl put most of her weight on the front right corner right by the sticker. This caused one of the boards to split and the staples to pull out. The bracket pulled slightly out of the wall as well.

I basically added some more 1x1 boards to hold it together and added a bunch of screws instead of relying on staples.

I also added some 2x4's along the edge of the wall that go from the floor to the bracket. There was just enough room between the arms of the couch and the wall to fit them in. This way it's supported more by the 2x4's rather than just the brackets themselves.

It was a quick fix using the material I had on hand. Honestly I need to simply rebuild the entire thing using better/heavier material.
Thanks for the info and photos. Different from our bunks, in a slide-out, but same principal. I'll take a look and see if I can do some similar reinforcement
leefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #7760

Resealed the seams on our awning with seam sealer. Got rid of the frosted windows in both doors and replaced them with tinted ones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464028287.183799.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	108741

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464028342.464409.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	108743

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464028714.412398.jpg