Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2017, 02:59 PM   #12341

Cut Hypervent to fit under mattresses. The stuff is somewhat awkward to handle, but in the end it was a simple job.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:23 PM   #12342
Failure is my business

Had a different PEX clamp connection start dripping. Popped the clamp off, trimmed the hose back and crimped a new clamp in place. I'm thinking it's because it's barely been above freezing this week and the plastic fittings are shrinking slightly. Also, looking at the crimps on the leaking clamps versus the ones my new crimper makes, the old ones are measurably less crimped. Maybe the factory tool hadn't been calibrated in a while. Oh well. Dry again in any case.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #12343

I posted previously about our renovation. We are headed to Fredericksburg, TX tomorrow so I had to rush to get it in camping condition. Still haven't started floors but all the paint is done. A few pics.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:57 PM   #12344

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiphil View Post
I posted previously about our renovation. We are headed to Fredericksburg, TX tomorrow so I had to rush to get it in camping condition. Still haven't started floors but all the paint is done. A few pics.

That looks awesome. Great job.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:01 PM   #12345

Quote:
Absolutely beautiful! Makes me want to paint the old oak cabinets in my home kitchen that color!

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #12346

Quote:
Looks great! You don't see white as much anymore. Have fun with the floor.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:37 AM   #12347
Camper

Quote:

Holy Smokes! That looks AWESOME!

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #12348
Always Learning

Packed up for move day tomorrow.

But otherwise, bought some Dicor for the spot on the roof.

And while there, headed over to the sales area and walked through a few RVs. We recently started debating a motorhome- walked through some class A mohos with bunks. The amount of storage under the busses is startling!
Old 01-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #12349

Slide Covers

In the past I saw a post where someone had created to a way to clean the top of slide covers off without using a ladder. Can't find the post. Does anyone remember or created one?

had a 2015 Rockwood 8281 WS - traded for another brand.
2016 RAM 3500
DNBINFV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:40 PM   #12350
Always Learning

Got a new traveling betta after our first, Darth, took the trip to the great fish bowl in the sky. We gave him a proper burial at sea (read: chucked into the lake).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7141.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	159500

The background for the fish bowl is a print of a photo my daughter took on her hot air balloon ride at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta (as a thank you from the pilot and his wife for her hard work crewing each day).

https://www.instagram.com/pudgetogrophy/
Old 01-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #12351

I wandered into my R-Pod 171 this afternoon for a general inspection and the propane detector. a MTI Industries 20-441-P Safe T Alert, was squeaking occasionally. Battery voltage was 13.1, so it's not complaining about low voltage. No signs or smell of leaking propane. Nominally, the detector should be replaced in mid-October due to age, but I have decided that the time is now. I absolutely hate explosions that I'm not in control of...
Old 01-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #12352

I printed some handles for my stabilizer crank. The ones on it were total junk (a piece of PVC tubing). I threaded the end a ways and jammed/loctited a nut on there. Then designed a pocket in the handle for the nut, and that holds the end handle on.

The crank has already "ruined" a hoodie, because of the way the operator (not me!) held it. Cut right through the sleeve.

Before you ask, I do also have a *small* (9V ryobi) drill to do the same. Still nice to have the crank sometimes.

aeblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:57 PM   #12353

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
I printed some handles for my stabilizer crank. The ones on it were total junk (a piece of PVC tubing). I threaded the end a ways and jammed/loctited a nut on there. Then designed a pocket in the handle for the nut, and that holds the end handle on.

The crank has already "ruined" a hoodie, because of the way the operator (not me!) held it. Cut right through the sleeve.

Before you ask, I do also have a *small* (9V ryobi) drill to do the same. Still nice to have the crank sometimes.

That is pretty darn cool. Well done!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #12354

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post

You say you printed this? Cool. I wasn’t aware that the 3D printers worked with what appears to be metal, yet.

Since it has ruined a hoodie because of the way the operator held the new crank, I hope you have modified it for safety or have retrained the individual. Cutting through a hoodie is not exactly easy.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #12355
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDS View Post
You say you printed this? Cool. I wasn’t aware that the 3D printers worked with what appears to be metal, yet.

Since it has ruined a hoodie because of the way the operator held the new crank, I hope you have modified it for safety or have retrained the individual. Cutting through a hoodie is not exactly easy.
He 3D printed the plastic handles.
Also FYI there's a company in Europe that 3D prints aluminium and Titanium to produce high performance turbo chargers that are fully assembled with the internals printed inside while the outside was also being printed.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #12356

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
Also FYI there's a company in Europe that 3D prints aluminium and Titanium to produce high performance turbo chargers that are fully assembled with the internals printed inside while the outside was also being printed.
And my nephew's printing robot parts using stainless steel, don't ask me how.

And SpaceX is printing rocket nozzles for the Falcoln...
Old 01-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #12357
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryanpeters View Post

Ssshhhh. [emoji6]
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #12358

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbryanpeters View Post

Absolutely Amazing, IMHO.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:27 PM   #12359

I did say I printed the *handles*.
Though, I have had a part 3d metal printed, then laser welded together. Didn't turn out so good, so it's office art.....
aeblank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #12360

Sometimes I missing seeing things in print.

Sometimes I miss seeing things in pictures.

Sometimes I miss hearing things spoken.

Mostly it is the DW who points out my errors.

One clear thing to me, I still get pleasure from learning new things.

I remember seeing my first 3D printer, being told that one day the dealers will be able to print the parts needed to repair our cars. I went home from the education technology conference and told my wife what I had seen and heard. I got the equivalent to “how much have you been drinking?”

Anyway, amazing.

Tags
camper