Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #13121
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Any plans to visit our side of the border? Your wife would love Niagara-on-the-Lake and you'll love the drive to get there from the Falls. The kids would like a visit to the Great Wolf Lodge (indoor waterpark) and the Butterfly Conservatory - both are located on the drive to Niagara-on-the-Lake. I can also recommend a really nice family restaurant called "Betty's" on Sodom Rd. just a few minutes south of the Falls.
We do plan on getting either passports or the cards. I'm not sure which just yet. I guess we need to figure that out as July is only 2 months away!

I remember the Butterfly Conservatory from when my wife and I were there years ago. Neat place, super hard to get good photos.

We are staying in a state park on the US side. Four Mile Creek in Youngstown.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #13122
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We do plan on getting either passports or the cards. I'm not sure which just yet. I guess we need to figure that out as July is only 2 months away!

I remember the Butterfly Conservatory from when my wife and I were there years ago. Neat place, super hard to get good photos.

We are staying in a state park on the US side. Four Mile Creek in Youngstown.

It’s probably not in your plans, but if you do come over to our side, there’s a ton of stuff your kids’ll probably love up around Toronto. Just took ours for a week at the Toronto North KOA last year and hit:
  • Ontario Science Centre
  • Toronto Zoo
  • CN Tower
  • Ripley’s Aquarium
  • The ROM (Royal Ontario Museum)
  • Casa Loma
  • Medieval Times (Ok, that one was more for me. )

Also up that way (but we didn’t go) is Canada’s Wonderland (run by the same company as Cedar Point, Michigan’s Adventure and a few other amusement parks). Stick around and you’re also not too far from Santa’s Village (Bracebridge) and Blue Mountain (Collingwood).

But that’s only if you’re bringing over the rig and sticking around. If you’re just day tripping, you still want to at least hit the Canadian side of the falls. You really need to see both sides to really appreciate it. I’m hoping to get the kids to see the American side one day, just so they can get that different perspective.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #13123

Ordered a dimmer outlet for the lights I hang on my awning
Old 05-07-2018, 09:19 PM   #13124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkjr72 View Post
Great idea. Thanks. I need to do this as well.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:42 AM   #13125

I removed the tongue jack for a warranty claim
Crowell392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 06:26 AM   #13126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
It’s probably not in your plans, but if you do come over to our side, there’s a ton of stuff your kids’ll probably love up around Toronto. Just took ours for a week at the Toronto North KOA last year and hit:
  • Ontario Science Centre
  • Toronto Zoo
  • CN Tower
  • Ripley’s Aquarium
  • The ROM (Royal Ontario Museum)
  • Casa Loma
  • Medieval Times (Ok, that one was more for me. )

Also up that way (but we didn’t go) is Canada’s Wonderland (run by the same company as Cedar Point, Michigan’s Adventure and a few other amusement parks). Stick around and you’re also not too far from Santa’s Village (Bracebridge) and Blue Mountain (Collingwood).

But that’s only if you’re bringing over the rig and sticking around. If you’re just day tripping, you still want to at least hit the Canadian side of the falls. You really need to see both sides to really appreciate it. I’m hoping to get the kids to see the American side one day, just so they can get that different perspective.
While the Canadian side of the falls is fantastic and must be seen, don’t miss the American side. The park is lovely and your perspective of the falls changes as you move down the walk. Wear comfy shoes. Watch your kids because at the upper falls you can wade in, but one slip and you’re gone! I wouldn’t wade in, but I saw a lady doing it.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 07:13 AM   #13127

We were on the Canadian over the 4th of July. Our room was on the 8th floor. 23 towns had fire works around the US side. Breath taking sight!
Old 05-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #13128

I added some drawers (http://tinyurl.com/y9j7jxlo):

After a failed usage (door blowing open, drawers/clothes all over the floor), I added some straps (http://a.co/aUvQV6P):

I made some brackets to hold my leveling boards and some blocks for the stabilizers. Could stand to trim the "tails" off the u-bolts though.....

We "fixed" the closet head-knockers by our bed:

edited to fix product links.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #13129
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeblank View Post
After a failed usage (door blowing open, drawers/clothes all over the floor), I added some straps (http://a.co/aUvQV6P):

You need to "fix" the links. There needs to a be a space between the URL and the closing parenthesis ).

But, I was able to follow it by correcting it here.

I LOVE the straps idea. I've got quite a few areas that it'll be helpful for me.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:29 AM   #13130

Quote:
I made some brackets to hold my leveling boards and some blocks for the stabilizers. Could stand to trim the "tails" off the u-bolts though.....

I don't use wood for leveling, but I do like your brackets. I have 2 suggestions.

1. Stack them from longest up to shortest (for "esthetics" )
2. Put a threaded knob on top. Looks good and will keep some kid walking by from just pulling them off.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #13131
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Made ya twitch, didn't it?
Old 05-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #13132

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
You need to "fix" the links. There needs to a be a space between the URL and the closing parenthesis ).

But, I was able to follow it by correcting it here.

I LOVE the straps idea. I've got quite a few areas that it'll be helpful for me.
Just be careful of what you're attaching to. Things are super THIN.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #13133

Quote:
I don't use wood for leveling, but I do like your brackets. I have 2 suggestions.

2. Put a threaded knob on top. Looks good and will keep some kid walking by from just pulling them off.

1) I knew that'd get someone. They're in the (reverse) order in which I use them. Though, that one short one (second from the top) is in a weird spot. I don't think they're even the same now, since the picture was taken.

2) I have wing nuts for that, used them once, found them SUPER annoying. A knob would likely be way better than the wingnuts, but still....... This is meant to *save* time, not spend it. If someone wants to steal my worthless boards, they can go for it. The ones I needed will be under the wheels.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #13134

Quote:
1) I knew that'd get someone. They're in the (reverse) order in which I use them. Though, that one short one (second from the top) is in a weird spot. I don't think they're even the same now, since the picture was taken.

2) I have wing nuts for that, used them once, found them SUPER annoying. A knob would likely be way better than the wingnuts, but still....... This is meant to *save* time, not spend it. If someone wants to steal my worthless boards, they can go for it. The ones I needed will be under the wheels.
Fully understand. As for stealing/mischief, I was thinking places like restaurants/waysides/tourist traps, not campgrounds.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #13135

Quote:
Fully understand. As for stealing/mischief, I was thinking places like restaurants/waysides/tourist traps, not campgrounds.
we just never stop. haha.

Perhaps when I put together my McMaster order for solar stuffs/fasteners, I'll toss a couple knobs in there. I mean, I'm sure they're only $7 each (apply plenty of sarcasm to "only"). And no, I'm not gonna go look right now.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #13136
Canadian Member

aeblank, that's an interesting idea for the brackets for the boards. Do you have any pictures of the brackets without the boards on them?
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:29 AM   #13137

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
aeblank, that's an interesting idea for the brackets for the boards. Do you have any pictures of the brackets without the boards on them?
I don't. Can get one eventually....

They're just a properly sized u-bolt (4" x 3/8") with a "vertical" welded to it. Vertical can be threaded rod, round stock, or rerod.

They're custom. Never seen anything like it for sale. Just make the vertical longer than any anticipated bounce...
Old 05-09-2018, 12:54 PM   #13138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkjr72 View Post

Here is what we do for our lights

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3402.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	171274

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3403.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	171275

Works really well
pbandrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #13139

Quote:

We "fixed" the closet head-knockers by our bed:

edited to fix product links.
I need to do this myself... Just last weekend I whacked my head on the corner of the clothes closet by the bed when I leaned over to get my water from the night stand. Left a nice gouge on the side of my forehead!

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #13140

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandK-M View Post
I need to do this myself... Just last weekend I whacked my head on the corner of the clothes closet by the bed when I leaned over to get my water from the night stand. Left a nice gouge on the side of my forehead!

Ray
I need these! You found them at Walmart?
Ggimlick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper