Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #15221
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Hooked up my new Clearsource dual water filter setup on Saturday. This thing is a beast- sturdily made, big filters, and it hasn’t impacted water pressure/flow. I’m quite pleased with it!

Now, hopefully my pictures will be right-side up.
Did you see the videos that Ray from Love Your RV posted on the Clear Source filter setup? He mounted his on the back bumper and they've discolored a bit but otherwise work great for him.

2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #15222
Site Team

Quote:
Hooked up my new Clearsource dual water filter setup on Saturday. This thing is a beast- sturdily made, big filters, and it hasn’t impacted water pressure/flow. I’m quite pleased with it!

Now, hopefully my pictures will be right-side up.
Do they take standard sized filters?

I'm curious what the advantages would be compared to just having to regular house filters connected together with a length of pipe which is pretty much what I have. My "stand" is simply a cinder block which they fit into perfectly.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #15223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

I'm curious what the advantages would be compared to just having to regular house filters connected together with a length of pipe which is pretty much what I have. My "stand" is simply a cinder block which they fit into perfectly.
I'd say the only advantage is "bragging rights!"

I'm betting your setup is a lot cheaper.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #15224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post

I only have the Walmart filters, but I do use 2. First one at the water connection post, and second one at the outside connection on rv. But I'm poor because I own a rv, that's why I'm cheap. LOL
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 10:11 PM   #15225

Quote:
Originally Posted by revbilly View Post
Thanks to everyone who commented about the correct way to use the Anderson Levelers. I did watch the video, I guess I didn't watch it close enough, or forgot. We didn't have to raise the one side very far, as you can see and almost didn't use them, but they were new tools right? And you've got to use new tools, it's a rule. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I'll remember next time. Maybe I'll even look for a sight where I really have to use them. I've learned so much from this site. Thanks.
If you dont need to cover a large gap you can just use on set for under an inch. Nothing terribly wrong with what you did as they were chocked on both sides.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:19 PM   #15226
54 Years, 13 RV's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnfort View Post
Decided to pack the wheel bearings for the first time on my 18 month old TT. Didn't think I needed to, but I'm going to Phoenix from Colorado in a couple of weeks and didn't want to have any surprises.

Turns out is was a good idea. Packed the first of 4 and it was in perfect condition. ALMOST decided that packing the other 3 was a waste if time. That little voice in my head said "don't be lazy, just do it". When I took the nut off of the spindle on the next wheel, it had welded itself on to the spindle. Took all I could do to muscle if off with an 18" cheater bar. Needs a new axle.

Looks like my trip is either off, or I'll be moteling it.

Going to call Dexter in the morning to see how good their customer service is. Looks like someone beat the crap out of the end of the spindle too.Attachment 197614Attachment 197615Attachment 197616
Dexter Rocks! Had THE best experience with David at Dexter Warranty. He shipped an axle to a local HD truck shop in just a few days. The shop was here yesterday and installed the axle in about an hour. Lubed it, checked the brake function and torqued the lugs. Just in time for the Blizzard to delay my trip!!

KUDOS to Dexter.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #15227
54 Years, 13 RV's

Also, KUDOS to Huska Automotive in Fort Collins for the axle install and great service.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #15228
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Did you see the videos that Ray from Love Your RV posted on the Clear Source filter setup? He mounted his on the back bumper and they've discolored a bit but otherwise work great for him.
I hadn't seen that. Unfortunately, no rear bumper for me with the toy hauler. I actually really miss it! For this an other reasons. But for now, I've just sat it on the ground next to the spigot with a 12" or 18" hose between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post

For me, it came down a ready to use package. Being mobile the cinder block doesn't work for me! On Reddit, I was talking to someone who uses a similar system that was something like $50 that had similar specs to the ClearSource - dual filters (5 micron and 0.5 micron). I imagine his performs just as well as mine.

Here's there link to purchasing filters, but I don't know if they're standard sized or anything:
https://www.clearsourcerv.com/collec...lter-cartridge

I will say, I like that it hasn't impacted flow to the RV. My Camco one had hit the end of its life within a few months of purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post

It all comes down to preference. I liked the idea of the ClearSource being ready to go out of the box. It's sturdy and simple- a bit like me!
Old 03-13-2019, 12:52 PM   #15229

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandK-M View Post
Looks like it will work well. I use a piece of pool noodle cut to size which does similar and works great too.

Ray

Hmmm, I never thought of leaving that glass in microwave. I always remove it and store it in a protected area.
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:52 PM   #15230

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Kevin View Post
Hmmm, I never thought of leaving that glass in microwave. I always remove it and store it in a protected area.

I always try to limit as much as possible the things that have to be stored or locked down in places other than where their used. With one piece of pool noodle wedged snug in the center of the plate, it doesn't move at all and even stays aligned in the little drive gear thingy

Ray
US Navy Veteran
RandK-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #15231

Finally hooked it up pulled it to the front drive. Looked at a couple things ,opened the 3 slides ,turned on 3 vent fans , cranked up the stereo, cleaned,made a couple drinks, packed in some stuff we removed for winter, we are getting ready slowly.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:37 PM   #15232

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I7...TeS-NzY4o3uDyv
Installed a Genturi exhaust kit on my Champion 3500w Inverter

Had to purchase an exhaust extension which I found on Amazon. A little expensive but made of stainless.

Genturi kit came with adapters down to 1-1/2" but extension was just over an inch. I used a threaded 3/4" rigid conduit coupler to fill the gap. Smeared anti-seize on outside of coupler and pressed the smallest adapter in the kit over it using a bench vise.

Seing the vapor exiting the stack tells me it's doing its job. Generator noise is slightly less than when stack is removed but no more worries about CO entering the trailer , no need to dismount generator, and no "fumes" being blown into neighboring campsite. The tubes that come with the kit total 10' in length. Two tubes get the exhaust above the roof line but all three kind of tower over the trailer. I'm planning on cutting the third tube so the top is 10' above the ground instead of 10' above the generator which is already a couple feet above a normal installed generator's exhaust.

Noise wise, sound level measured less than 50 dba at 25 feet. Since I rarely camp in hot, humid areas most times I don't need anything but eco mode to charge batteries.

Thought of building one from big box materials but by the time i would have bought all the items to build something that was as easy to install/remove and didn't look like ----- i just bought the Genturi. When not installed it fits nicely in a carrying case that sits right behind the generator and spare tire.

Finally thawed out and weather is forecasted to be in 70's by next week. Lots of projects will now be completed. Plan on hitting the road in April, coming home just long enough to mow lawn and do laundry.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 07:10 PM   #15233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
Finally hooked it up pulled it to the front drive. Looked at a couple things ,opened the 3 slides ,turned on 3 vent fans , cranked up the stereo, cleaned,made a couple drinks, packed in some stuff we removed for winter, we are getting ready slowly.

Same here. Weather finally turning nice enough so I can wash, wax, and finish any outside maintenance items. Once done it's off and camping.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #15234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Same here. Weather finally turning nice enough so I can wash, wax, and finish any outside maintenance items. Once done it's off and camping.
Have fun bro
Old 03-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #15235
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I7...TeS-NzY4o3uDyv
Installed a Genturi exhaust kit on my Champion 3500w Inverter
Come on Mike... we need PHOTOS!

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #15236
54 Years, 13 RV's

Got the TT already to go to (70 degree) Phoenix and Lake Havasu City to visit family. Blizzard hit Colorado yesterday so the trip got put off for a week. Going out to shovel the snow off the driveway for the next couple of hours.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #15237

Quote:

Here's my setup. 2 filter housings @ $15 each, some brass fitting <$15. Only tool needed to put it together was a wrench. I could build a light weight holder out of wood, but in my case, the housings fit nicely between the trailer box and bumper.

I did read thru the Clear Source site. Site FAQ indicated they use standard 10x2.5" filters. The string filters are available everywhere for $2-3. Spotted the Pentek CFB-PB10 0.5 micron filter at Walmart for $15.

The concern on flow rate is the 0.5 micron filter. Some have rates as low as 1/2 gpm, the Pentek can get up to 4 gpm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Filter.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	198761  
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:22 PM   #15238

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Here's my setup. 2 filter housings @ $15 each, some brass fitting <$15. Only tool needed to put it together was a wrench. I could build a light weight holder out of wood, but in my case, the housings fit nicely between the trailer box and bumper.

I did read thru the Clear Source site. Site FAQ indicated they use standard 10x2.5" filters. The string filters are available everywhere for $2-3. Spotted the Pentek CFB-PB10 0.5 micron filter at Walmart for $15.

The concern on flow rate is the 0.5 micron filter. Some have rates as low as 1/2 gpm, the Pentek can get up to 4 gpm.
Just buy bottle water...[emoji23]

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:35 PM   #15239

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Come on Mike... we need PHOTOS!
Didn't the link at the top of my post work. Shows a video (with sound) of it working with vapor being discharged above the trailer.

Here's the link again https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I7...TeS-NzY4o3uDyv

Let me know if it still doesn't work and I'll try to post individual pic's.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:45 PM   #15240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Just buy bottle water...[emoji23]
No filter for us. We bring a 7 gallon water jug from home(unfiltered) and drink that but I have no problem brushing my teeth with water we are hooked up to, which isn't often since we mainly dry camp.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper