Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #1501

Do....or get? I got in some goodies this week. Outside shelter/changing room/shower(once I rig up a hose), 25 ft. extension cord, portable awning tie downs, whole pile of damp rid stuff. Happy anniversary to me!!! Dang my wife is good about picking me gifts. Ohhh. I forgot my super deal on tires that will be here this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #1502

Elind, For some reason, Lipperts say's to mount them the same way as shown, If you have the electrical stabs on there, then you should go to the front not the same as your stab. go now. If you have the other stabs then go as they show. It will not help with the electric. How I got around the plate was to add washers and build it out farther. The dealer installed mind and had to add that angle iron, all they did was drill the bottom of the I-Bean and bolted it on. I questioned them on being the sameway and they said that's per lippert instructions, makes no sense to me at all. When I went to the factory I asked the head guy and he said they where installed correctly. I would go forward if I had to do it again.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:26 AM   #1503
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Elind, For some reason, Lipperts say's to mount them the same way as shown, If you have the electrical stabs on there, then you should go to the front not the same as your stab. go now. If you have the other stabs then go as they show. It will not help with the electric. How I got around the plate was to add washers and build it out farther. The dealer installed mind and had to add that angle iron, all they did was drill the bottom of the I-Bean and bolted it on. I questioned them on being the sameway and they said that's per lippert instructions, makes no sense to me at all. When I went to the factory I asked the head guy and he said they where installed correctly. I would go forward if I had to do it again.
Thanks, that is what I will do. It was confusing that the JT instructions said to mount the bars to the center without saying that I would need an extra cross member. (The video did mention this.) On the BAL instructions they have the bars going forward. So what do you believe? Also I seen a pic where Lippert that they put the rear bar going forward. 6 of one, half a dozen of other.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #1504
Mod free 5er

In process of taking the tires/wheels off the 5er to have the metal stems FT Turbs/Ms. Amy sent us put in and the tires re-balanced with the monitors installed. Got 2 off and will take the other 2 off when the sun gets on the other side of the trailer. I am here to tell you, the high pressure rubber stems will not work with the monitors. One started leaking on the way home from Goshen(23 miles from home) and one I took off this morning was starting to leak. The rubber stems just will not work PERIOD regardless of what tire dealers say.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #1505

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Tire Minder has different monitors for either rubber or metal valve stems. I have rubber stems, and have not had any air leaks since I put them on in the spring. In fact, in the last three months I have not needed to add any air. That includes two trips to northern Michigan and the trip to Goshen. I hope I don't encounter the problems you noted, OC.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #1506
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
Tire Minder has different monitors for either rubber or metal valve stems. I have rubber stems, and have not had any air leaks since I put them on in the spring. In fact, in the last three months I have not needed to add any air. That includes two trips to northern Michigan and the trip to Goshen. I hope I don't encounter the problems you noted, OC.
It took mine a little over a year and a 3500 mile trip to Goshen/MO/IL/AR last year, a trip to FL (1200mi) and a trip to Goshen(1500mi) this year. From my experience, it will happen within 18 months and 6,200 miles.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #1507

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Next spring I'm thinking of trading in my stock tires and buying a set of Maxxis. When I do that I'll think about having metal valve stems installed and buying new monitors. Just wish the monitors weren't so darn expensive. As always, OC, you advise is worth listening to. Whether I want it or not!

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #1508
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
Next spring I'm thinking of trading in my stock tires and buying a set of Maxxis. When I do that I'll think about having metal valve stems installed and buying new monitors. Just wish the monitors weren't so darn expensive. As always, OC, you advise is worth listening to. Whether I want it or not!
I would have not believed it myself, but evidently time and miles will take their toll on the stems. GY dealer assured me they were "Good to go" last Jun when we had new tires/stems installed.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #1509
Mod free 5er

4 tires/wheels removed and loaded in the truck ready to take to GMax tomorrow for state truck inspection and new metal stems installed and tires re-balanced. Damn, should have listened to experience rather than GY dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01384.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	277.7 KB
ID:	61019   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01385.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	61020   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01386.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	373.0 KB
ID:	61021  
Old 08-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #1510
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Got finished with Weezer and Sneak's 5er. Installed roll out drawer, removed rear stab jacks and reinforced the legs, installed alum tread plate covered Linx blocks, reworked Revolution wedge by filling in slot and smoothed the sides, installed alum tread plate covered Linx blocks on landing jacks and drilled and pinned the end caps for rear bumper. Now off to shower, shave and out to dinner at Red Lobster. Super nice folks, fun to be around even if he does pull with a FoMoCo.

OC and TOWTA are awesome folks! Ultimate host and hostess, they are.

Here is the evidence. Pics were taken after dark but Sneak knew "no pics, didn't happen".

He also drilled the bumper ends and installed retention pins, and built Sneak a bottle jack "stabilizer tube" I guess you'd call it. I saw it and asked "what is *that*?" and I will NOT tell you what he said it was! Newp, ain't gonna say it!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	landing gear feet.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	61040   Click image for larger version

Name:	stab jack feet.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	61041   Click image for larger version

Name:	storage slider.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	61042  

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:54 PM   #1511
NELA

<<<knows what the degree of incline is for OC's driveway.

totally up on jacks????? Sheesh, Sneak was worried about unhitching from Buffy using only wheel chocks while parked right next to that 5er.

Old 08-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #1512
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Who knows what the degree of incline is for OC's driveway. Totally up on jacks????? Sheesh, Sneak was worried about unhitching from Buffy using only wheel chocks while parked right next to that 5er.
No, it's on (4) 5 ton jack stands, landing jacks, axle stabs and rear stabs. It ain't going nowhere. Probably more secure than if it were on tires/wheels.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #1513
Incheon, S. Korea

Probably?
BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #1514
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
Probably?
OK, it is more secure, don't have to worry about tires going flat and it sure isn't going to roll anywhere with 10 metal supports under it. The jack stands alone are rated for 20 tons total and the 4 stab jack legs are reinforced as are the struts holding the legs and the channels the legs slide in.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #1515
NELA

Oh yeah, my bad....forgot you have landing gear and TWO sets of stab jacks.

Ms Frankie was nice enough to do her antique button presentation for me and she did it inside their RV. I noticed that there was NO bounce, and I do mean *no* bounce, in their trailer.

OC has an extra set of reinforced electric stab jacks installed mid-ship. That 5er is solid as a slab of concrete!

Old 08-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #1516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
OC and TOWTA are awesome folks! Ultimate host and hostess, they are.

Here is the evidence. Pics were taken after dark but Sneak knew "no pics, didn't happen".

He also drilled the bumper ends and installed retention pins, and built Sneak a bottle jack "stabilizer tube" I guess you'd call it. I saw it and asked "what is *that*?" and I will NOT tell you what he said it was! Newp, ain't gonna say it!
I see that MR. Dunn took good care of you. You will not find finer people them those two, I concur. I hope you enjoyed your stay with them, Sorry we didn't get a chance to swing by on our way home. I always enjoy myself when I go there.....Safe travels..Looks great.....

Old 08-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #1517
Mod free 5er

Got the new stems put in and re-balanced the tires. Found out that the 507 Flow Thru sensors throw the balance off by 0.5 oz. SO, make sure you balance the tires WITH the sensors on.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:24 AM   #1518

Loaded up going camping!!!!!

Name:	IMAG1492.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	61086
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:27 AM   #1519

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Got the new stems put in and re-balanced the tires. Found out that the 507 Flow Thru sensors throw the balance off by 0.5 oz. SO, make sure you balance the tires WITH the sensors on.
Well that makes sense being that's what they weight about. See I do agree with you when your right Mr. Old Coot.......

Old 08-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Well that makes sense being that's what they weight about. See I do agree with you when your right Mr. Old Coot.......
Glen,Did you take the (Deer Meat) out of your camper yet? Did you eat it? How was it? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper