Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #1

What is the difference between Salem & Wildwood?

I was interested in the Salem LE 23BH and Wildwood has the exact same model (down to the options and everything). What is the difference? Is one higher end or something? If so, how? Different frames - difference finishes?

Thanks,
Paula
pokee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #2

They are likely exactly the same except for cosmetics. This is done as a dealer protection plan in which only one dealer in an area will sell a brand. Another dealer can essentially sell the same trailer but under a different brand name and not technically be in competition with the other guy for the same brand. All of the larger manufacturers do this in some form or another.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
They are likely exactly the same except for cosmetics. This is done as a dealer protection plan in which only one dealer in an area will sell a brand. Another dealer can essentially sell the same trailer but under a different brand name and not technically be in competition with the other guy for the same brand. All of the larger manufacturers do this in some form or another.
I never realized that! It makes perfect sence, but I always figured it was just marketing.
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee99 View Post
I was interested in the Salem LE 23BH and Wildwood has the exact same model (down to the options and everything). What is the difference? Is one higher end or something? If so, how? Different frames - difference finishes?

Thanks,
Paula
Just put money down on a LE Wildwood TT I beleive it's the same as a Salem so i thought i ask you how you liked your and if there are any thing I should know about the trailer before i buy it?
happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote