Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 02:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by radman View Post
My favorite RV trip was going to Maine to go to the Arcadia National Park, but if you have a Motorhome you will need a car to see all of the park. (Low clearance on some of the Park roads).
Park you car. There are free buses (LL Bean is a big sponsor) which take you to almost everything - the exception is up Cadillac Mountain.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:11 PM   #22

The schools are closed due to snow storm today in the northern UP. The weather will be an adventure even at the end of the month, but if you need adventure just check ahead as most sites are still normally closed then. But that could change as the lows are in single digits again the past week, it has to get warmer. The campgrounds will be opening throughout May usually along with parks. Fla. sounds good today
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:21 PM   #23
Just A Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels4g View Post
I think we are now considering just Harpers Ferry and the UP of Michigan.
Say "EH" to the UP.

Where do you plan to stay up there ?????
2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2L Max Tow
EDABEUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 02:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
Park you car. There are free buses (LL Bean is a big sponsor) which take you to almost everything - the exception is up Cadillac Mountain.

Took motorcycle up Cadillac mountain last July. Was very nice.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:16 PM   #25

You don't want to be in the UP in April that's for sure. We have a home a mile from the UP/WI state line and the ice isn't out on our lake yet! We won't have leaves on the trees for at least 3 weeks yet. UP is great from June - Sept.
54554wis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #26

You certainly have options. We vacationed in Kentucky a few years ago and enjoyed the bourbon tours, Lexington, and Nashville, TN. If you head up to Harper's Ferry you can also go to Virginia - Charlottesville, Richmond, Fredericksburg, D.C. West Virginia is fun for camping at the state parks and white water rafting, but April might be a little too early to go rafting.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by updhaul View Post
The schools are closed due to snow storm today in the northern UP. The weather will be an adventure even at the end of the month, but if you need adventure just check ahead as most sites are still normally closed then. But that could change as the lows are in single digits again the past week, it has to get warmer. The campgrounds will be opening throughout May usually along with parks. Fla. sounds good today
Good point. We are Floridians and forget to account for cold. Will see what the projected temps are. It's too hot here already. The heat/humidity gives me massive headaches. We are moving from FL to the PNW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54554wis View Post
You don't want to be in the UP in April that's for sure. We have a home a mile from the UP/WI state line and the ice isn't out on our lake yet! We won't have leaves on the trees for at least 3 weeks yet. UP is great from June - Sept.
Thanks. As basically life-long Floridians, we tend to forget that it might be cold somewhere else- especially in April!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDABEUT View Post
Say "EH" to the UP.

Where do you plan to stay up there ?????
No idea!

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 07:33 PM   #28

Quote:
My favorite RV trip was going to Maine to go to the Arcadia National Park, but if you have a Motorhome you will need a car to see all of the park. (Low clearance on some of the Park roads).
We visited Acadia and Fundy National Park (Canada) last Summer and had a great time. It's what motivated us to buy the rv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmith2859 View Post
Harpers Ferry is very nice, plus you can take a lot of nice day trips from there as well. Gettysburg is about an hour up 15, Frederick is close, same for day trips to DC, etc.
Harpers Ferry is our second choice at this point. We want to see what the weather is up to in the UP for the dates we'll be there and then we'll decide.

www.kels4g.com
Old 04-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #29

Have you considered the Outer Banks.NC....wild horses on the beach,Wright Bros Museum,etc? Pigeon Forge ,TN also very nice...
LI Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:19 PM   #30

A little farther than you may want to go but Moab UT would be a great choice. We were there last week. Lots of outstanding scenery & so many things to do. Weather was great & should still be good the end of Apríl
Remark777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:30 PM   #31

Quote:
We have decided on visiting Austin, TX!

www.kels4g.com
Old 04-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #32

My wife and I went to Austin about two weeks ago. Not camping but the first time we had been there. I would recommend going to anyone. So much fun.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:45 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
My wife and I went to Austin about two weeks ago. Not camping but the first time we had been there. I would recommend going to anyone. So much fun.
It is our first time there as well. What did you do there that you liked?

www.kels4g.com
Old 04-16-2016, 08:15 PM   #34

Favorite RV trip?

Well we went on a paid trip through my wife's work. So we were able to stay in a motel on 2nd street which is in the middle of down town. We went to lake Travis and went zip lining which was amazing. We went on another tour called the duck tour which included driving a amphibious bus into lake Austin. Was a cool tour that also went around some of downtown but if I were to do it again I would take the tour that is more of a tour of Austin. And then for the most part just walked all over and tried to see as much as we could on foot. If you're into to any kind of night life (not sure of your age or if that is not your thing ) you have to go to sixth street lots of bars and music. Seems kinda scary during the day but is different at night because a lot of law enforcement is out and there is a lot of people. But you will have fun no matter what you do.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:23 PM   #35

CT to Purina Farms, Missouri. Fun going through states not visited before and heading back a completely different way we went out.
schnauzer mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:59 PM   #36

Each Sunday during the winter, we'd have movie afternoon in our camper while it was at the RV storage place. Although we never went anywhere, it was more fun then staying at home and allowd us to fire up the generator to top off the batteries.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote