Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by archham View Post
I like the row on the lake, I think it is 518 to 544 or something like that. It is not a far walk to the beach or the pool and you are literally right on the lake. The sites are HUGE in my opinion as well. They are all back in, just don't back in too far or you will find out if your TT floats.
The lake side looks nice also. With three kid's, the beach and pool would be split.

We may see you there archham, look for the white f150 with my name on the plates.

We are planning 2 weeks in MB, is this campground in a good location for all attractions ?

Hokiehall--- Gator's in the lake ??? is this something I have to worry about with the kid's ??

Night's camped in 2010 36
MrSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSen View Post
The lake side looks nice also. With three kid's, the beach and pool would be split.

We may see you there archham, look for the white f150 with my name on the plates.

We are planning 2 weeks in MB, is this campground in a good location for all attractions ?

Hokiehall--- Gator's in the lake ??? is this something I have to worry about with the kid's ??
Yep. But I have never known one to attack anything. Look on their map. A statement on it says "SC law Do Not Feed alligators"

http://www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com/map-mbtp.html

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #23

Mr Sen, I PROMISE that I will have the only Honda Ridgeline TV with a Surveyor at the place. I have never seen a 'gater in the lake, but would not be surprised if there were a few. It is in a perfect location - right behind the Wal Mart. If you come in on Hwy 21 (or 22? I forgot the Hwy number) it literally dumps you out on the main road (17) where you need to be. The other campgrounds are WAY south below everything that matters in my opinion.
1 wife, 1 son, & 1 cat
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Asst. Scoutmaster (BSA)
archham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #24
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We've stayed at Myrtle Beach Travel Park on two occasions and really enjoyed it. We were out near the beach site 306. One word of caution-Do Not Go To That Walmart on Sunday Evening!!!! Our first time at Myrtle Beach of course we needed a couple things and where else to go but Walmart. When we got there the parking lot looked like the Saturday before Christmas. One of the guys pushing carts back said to me "You really don't want to go in there, Do Ya?" I said no problem, when we got in the 31 registers to the left were impressive. It would have been real impressive if more than 6 were open. 45 minutes in line we finally reached the cashier. She said it's like that every Sunday evening starting in April until October. Everyone has the same idea "No One will be shopping late Sunday evening. WRONG!! There's plenty of help there but they're stocking shelves that are almost empty. What a gold mine!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Mr Sen, I PROMISE that I will have the only Honda Ridgeline TV with a Surveyor at the place.
I will keep an eye out, maybe have a few....

Quote:
The other campgrounds are WAY south below everything that matters in my opinion.
That's what I needed to know....I want to be centered between everything....

Thanks for the info everyone.

mrsen

Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #26

We go to Myrtle Beach Travel Park every February for a rally. This year there was several inches of snow, which was gone by noon the following day. I tried to attach a photo, but not sure it worked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0012.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	2308  

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
We go to Myrtle Beach Travel Park every February for a rally. This year there was several inches of snow, which was gone by noon the following day. I tried to attach a photo, but not sure it worked.
It worked. That is the first time I have ever seen the campground with snow in it.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
WOW, at least it was gone very quickly.

What size are those shelters.... 8 X 10 ? Would like to know what size tarps to bring for wind and or shade.....

Old 03-21-2010, 09:03 AM   #29

8X10 sounds about right, but I am not really sure. They come in handy, and obviously the campground folks don't mind if you personalize them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0025.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	2309  

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #30

Dont go to that Wal Mart on Saturday evening either - same reason. When we go on Saturday-Saturday weeks, we take enough provsions to make it to Sunday AM and then go Sunday AM - not nearly so bad. You could also go Monday AM if needed - try to get off everyone else's schedule and "go where they ain't"
1 wife, 1 son, & 1 cat
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Asst. Scoutmaster (BSA)
archham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:44 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
We are headed to Myrtle Beach this year, but we are going to Pirateland. We made reservations a year ago and are staying in the same site that we had two years ago, 44 steps from the beach. I would love to take my golf cart but Pirateland will not allow it you have to rent on of there's.
It's a wild place to camp, golf carts everywhere from your standard type to the high end models and I mean high end. No fire rings so there are no camp fires, but a lot of action. We will be there for 4th of July.

Hey,Rockwood, have you ever tried any of the other campgrounds in South MB? We've been staying at Lakewood for years, tried Pirateland once, and wife & kids didn't really like it. They really crammed us in, and that was back when I had my TT. We checked out Ocean Lakes one day, they give you a pass in the office if you want to drive around and check the place out. Wow, 4th of mJuly- it's gonna be packed. We used to go last week of june, then kids started getting jobs and vacation didn't match, so we end up going 3rd week of July. This year didn't work again, so now it's last week of July!! Found out last year seems like all of Canada has vacation the first 3 weeks of July. Everywhere we went was tons of Canada plates. Make sure the water's warm for me O.K?
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote