Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #1

Greetings from Myrtle Beach

We are set up on site 141 at Myrtle Beach Travel Park until Saturday in case anyone is in the neighborhood. Thus far the weather has sucked but maybe it will improve tomorrow. The seafood and beer are good though.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
We are set up on site 141 at Myrtle Beach Travel Park until Saturday in case anyone is in the neighborhood. Thus far the weather has sucked but maybe it will improve tomorrow. The seafood and beer are good though.
Hokiehall, glad you made it safe. We never stayed a Myrtle beach Travel Park, but we did check it out while we were there last year It's real nice. We ask about making reservation but they would not allow us to pic a site, so we changed our plans for next year and we are going back to Pirateland....44 steps from our camper to the beach. I hope the weather gets better for you, enjoy and be safe....HAPPY CAMPING...
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #3

I was there once in '89 while I was in the Army. Don't remember too much other than there's a beach there.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #4

Thanks. They are still somewhat antiquated in their reservations and haven't changed their policies on that in over 25 years. They did come through for us when we called Friday night wanting to come a day early. I was a shot in the dark being a holiday weekend but they had an open site for us.The place was packed too, until today.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:44 AM   #5
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Glad you made it safely and enjoy your stay. Looks like you will miss some of the rain we are having up here.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:16 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We've stay there a couple times in the past three years. Unfortunately we had to skip it this year, granddaughter was due same week we normally go, but we'll be back next year. Hopefully the weather straightens out but like you said the beer is cold and the seafood great. Have you ever tried Capt. Georges? Great place, they have a place in Williamsburg VA as well.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #7

We were there, left on Monday am - with most of the rest of the world. Had a little one to return to school today. We were in 521 -right on the lake. Those spots are bigger and it is not too far from the beach. What a great trip - our 2nd in our camper and our 2nd trip ever camping. Weather was PERFECT until Monday AM (Saturday was a little dreary but not too bad.
1 wife, 1 son, & 1 cat
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Asst. Scoutmaster (BSA)
archham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #8

The weather was nice down at Pirateland you should have moved down there. We just returned from there on the 19th of Sept. It was our first time to stay in south myrtle and we will be returning to that end of town again. We had stayed in MBTP a few years ago and left with frowns on our faces and have never been back to there. The only thing I did not like about Pirateland was the internet did not come with your camping spot it cost extra. So we were off line for the week. It actually was nice to relax and enjoy. Hope your vacation was as nice as ours was.
fourwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #9

We actually ended up with nice weather from Tuesday through the end of the week and had a great time. We wish we could have stayed a while longer.

Just curious, what happened at MBTP? We have always liked it and this year when we wanted to come a day early, they were able to find us a site and it was a busy Labor Day weekend.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We've stay there a couple times in the past three years. Unfortunately we had to skip it this year, granddaughter was due same week we normally go, but we'll be back next year. Hopefully the weather straightens out but like you said the beer is cold and the seafood great. Have you ever tried Capt. Georges? Great place, they have a place in Williamsburg VA as well.
We have been to the one in Williamsburg, and the original one in Virginia Beach (actually Pungo). But as we have gotten older, and wider, we now avoid the buffets. We went to Sea Captains House in MB and got a great meal. There is also a great German restaurant in NMB just past Barefoot that we go to every year, Horst Gasthous.

We hit the new brew pub in the Market Place which is a fancy new shopping/living area on the old Air Force base. Food was fair but the micro brew was excellent.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We're heading down your way next Thursday to visit with our daughter at Liberty University and stay at Paradise Lake Campground. We'll be over there until Sunday. Any comments about the campground?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 09-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We're heading down your way next Thursday to visit with our daughter at Liberty University and stay at Paradise Lake Campground. We'll be over there until Sunday. Any comments about the campground?
We rode through it one time several years ago and saw a lot of permanent set ups. At one time it wasn't that great but I understand they had a management change and improvements were made. They had reps at several RV shows last year so they are making an effort to market it.

Have a good trip down here.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
We rode through it one time several years ago and saw a lot of permanent set ups. At one time it wasn't that great but I understand they had a management change and improvements were made. They had reps at several RV shows last year so they are making an effort to market it.

Have a good trip down here.

Thanks we're looking forward to heading south. They really promote that They're Big Rig Friendly so hopefully it's not just hype.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 09-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #14

Two excellent places to eat in Lynchburg, both down on the riverfront are Waterstone Pizza in the bottom of the Craddock-Terry Hotel on Jefferson St, and the Depot, also on Jefferson Street. There is construction on Jefferson Street and it is closed to through traffic but you can get to each of these places without much trouble.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Two excellent places to eat in Lynchburg, both down on the riverfront are Waterstone Pizza in the bottom of the Craddock-Terry Hotel on Jefferson St, and the Depot, also on Jefferson Street. There is construction on Jefferson Street and it is closed to through traffic but you can get to each of these places without much trouble.
Ok thanks for the info.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #16

Hokiehall, we are planning a trip to myrtle beach travel park in July, would you recommend the site you stayed at or would you prefer to be closer to the pool or beach ?

Night's camped in 2010 36
MrSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #17

To jump in on this, we were there over Labor Day weekend last year and already have reservations for this Labor Day there. I like the row on the lake, I think it is 518 to 544 or something like that. It is not a far walk to the beach or the pool and you are literally right on the lake. The sites are HUGE in my opinion as well. They are all back in, just don't back in too far or you will find out if your TT floats.
1 wife, 1 son, & 1 cat
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Asst. Scoutmaster (BSA)
archham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSen View Post
Hokiehall, we are planning a trip to myrtle beach travel park in July, would you recommend the site you stayed at or would you prefer to be closer to the pool or beach ?
We prefer to be as close to the beach as possible as we never use the pool. When we make reservations we request to be as close as possible and usually get within 4 - 5 sites of the beach. Better make reservations soon though.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by archham View Post
To jump in on this, we were there over Labor Day weekend last year and already have reservations for this Labor Day there. I like the row on the lake, I think it is 518 to 544 or something like that. It is not a far walk to the beach or the pool and you are literally right on the lake. The sites are HUGE in my opinion as well. They are all back in, just don't back in too far or you will find out if your TT floats.
Yes, the sites are a bit larger along the lake than up on the main beach area. One thing about the lake though, there are gators in it, so don't leave a small dog out. It might become breakfast.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #20

We are headed to Myrtle Beach this year, but we are going to Pirateland. We made reservations a year ago and are staying in the same site that we had two years ago, 44 steps from the beach. I would love to take my golf cart but Pirateland will not allow it you have to rent on of there's.
It's a wild place to camp, golf carts everywhere from your standard type to the high end models and I mean high end. No fire rings so there are no camp fires, but a lot of action. We will be there for 4th of July.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote