Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We had lightening most of the night starting about 11pm - mostly in the distance. At around 4am, we had torrential rain- wife woke me up to close windows in our bedroom. While we were sleeping, I don't really recall loud thunder or wind that rocked the camper about.

By the time we got up around 9am or so, it was just wet out and things were a bit muddy packing up. We rolled out at 11:30am with blue skies and cooler weather.
Glad you made it ok, albeit a bit warm. We made it to Liberty Hill campground by noon Sunday, beautiful bluebird weather now.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:19 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
We are Michigan State Park lovers !!! If we are going to spend $28 to$30,,, I want ele & a dump station !!!
If you like state parks with hookups, but don't want to pay $30/night, spend some time in New Mexico. The nightly rate is $14 with electricity and water and $18 with full hookups and both rates include the daily park pass without buying any annual pass. In summer, there are some beautiful parks in the northern mountains that are cool and tree-shaded and, in winter, there are southern desert parks that are sunny and warm. The NM state park campgrounds are probably the best bargain in the nation besides COE lake campgrounds with hookups using an "old" $10-lifetime Federal Senior Pass.

"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2020 Winnebago Navion 24V Sprinter Class C
Sold in 2021: 2016 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8244WS 5th Wheel
Sold in 2014: 2012 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
fanrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:16 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanrgs View Post
If you like state parks with hookups, but don't want to pay $30/night, spend some time in New Mexico. The nightly rate is $14 with electricity and water and $18 with full hookups and both rates include the daily park pass without buying any annual pass. In summer, there are some beautiful parks in the northern mountains that are cool and tree-shaded and, in winter, there are southern desert parks that are sunny and warm. The NM state park campgrounds are probably the best bargain in the nation besides COE lake campgrounds with hookups using an "old" $10-lifetime Federal Senior Pass.
Sounds Great !!
I drove thru NM back in 69,,, I thought it was a very interesting State !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #84

Well I’m surprised this thread is so old and dead... I shall resurrect it! We are new HH members and are at our 2nd winery this weekend. Love it! Yes, it’s boondocking in most cases, but some hosts provide water and electricity. And some hosts allow more than 1 night if you ask. We love wine, and exploring new wineries here in our home state of OR. It’s a win win for us.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:00 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viatorem View Post
Well I’m surprised this thread is so old and dead... I shall resurrect it! We are new HH members and are at our 2nd winery this weekend. Love it! Yes, it’s boondocking in most cases, but some hosts provide water and electricity. And some hosts allow more than 1 night if you ask. We love wine, and exploring new wineries here in our home state of OR. It’s a win win for us.
Maybe they should rename it Wine O Camp ???
Sorry could not resist !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote