Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #1

Inks Lake State Park - Burnet, Texas

Just got back from spending Memorial Day weekend at Inks Lake State Park in Burnet, Texas. A great place to camp. Check out the link below for a full trip report and pictures.

http://thegaskins.dyndns.org/

https://thegaskins.dyndns.org

2007 Forest River Cherokee Lite 28A+
2008 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew 4x2
5.4L / Auto Trans (Stock)
EAZ-Lift Weight Distribution Hitch and Sway Bar

cgaskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #2

Chris

We have been to a lot of the same places. I was looking at your sight earlier. Put lake someville on your list. I preferred it over inks but both have plus. The nail creek side was small and did not have good swimming beach but nice trails. Birch creek was large and had a fair beach. We live in Taylor and Somerville is same distance for us as Inks. Was an easy drive over unless you are in West Austin. Straight out 290 just past giddings. We were actually trying to go to inks a few weeks ago but they were booked so went to somerville. It is on top of our list. We had gone to Inks on our 4th trip out in the Fall. Probably not our best trip and like the park but did not have a good experience with an un-friendly ranger at ck in. Then it was first outing with relatives and threw my back out. Luckily I had some good pain meds and went to bed. Then toilet stopped up luckily close to camps toilet and shower. The family had fun and want to go back.
donawilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:39 AM   #3

WE have been to INks lake yrs ago with a pop up. We will be going to Birch Creek this weekend for one last camping trip with the old RV. Next trip will be in the new one..

Thanks for the pictures.. makes me want to make reservations..

irv2.com National rally... Dundee, Ohio
June14-20, 2009
toshiba is offline   Reply With Quote