Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2015, 04:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
We had both - well until last year when we dropped KOA and got our Lifetime PA membership

KOA without a doubt will have a consistently better campground than *some* PA CGs. OTOH, some PA CGs blow most KOAs out of the water.

IMO, PA is a better value - you really can make back the cost of your membership in one camping trip!
X2

We have Good Sam, Passport, KOA, COA and use everything. The biggest benefit to PA is the 50% discount....membership pays for itself over and over.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:23 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
X2

We have Good Sam, Passport, KOA, COA and use everything. The biggest benefit to PA is the 50% discount....membership pays for itself over and over.

COA? Which program is this Dennis?

Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 04:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
COA? Which program is this Dennis?

Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
guess I should have clarified. ...COA is Coachmen Owners Association

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:24 PM   #24
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Absolutely worthwhile especially if you plan to travel and need to make shorter stops along the way. We "paid off" our membership the first week we were out and have since gotten great deals and values. I will be enthusiastically renewing.
Now...going in...you need to be aware that while all participating parks offer 50% off
1. Many restrict the season OR weekend use.
2. Many are less than great parks...DO YOUR Homework using campgroundreviews.com before you book a place solely on price.
3. Many limit your stay to 2-4 days OR don't allow advance reservations or require cash payments. Don't expect to stay somewhere for a week or a month at that 50 off rate BUT you sometimes can get an extended lesser discount 10=>25% if you want to extend your stay and they have room.
Check our the passportamerica.com site and look at the map of campgrounds in the areas you will be camping...click on em' & check out the whole deal and read some reviews. We saved at least 400-500 bucks over the last nine months...not all were great...but all served a purpose and there wasn't one place we regretted staying.
we're taking a trip at the end of july from washington to tennessee, and only plan to stay 1 night in each pa campground on our way down. should we make reservations, or should we be able to find a spot each afternoon about 3 or 4?
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by HATCHET19 View Post
Thinking about joining Passport America or something similar. Are they worth the cost for the average camper? I'm sure they're are a lot of variables. Just looking for opinions from those who have tried them.

hatchet
We have had PA for years. On long trips, only have to be able to use them once or twice and it pays for the year membership. If you have a smart phone they have a free app that is more up to date than the book. Always call ahead and don't be afraid to ask for an extra night if you decide to stay longer. Seldom turned down.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:35 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
we're taking a trip at the end of july from washington to tennessee, and only plan to stay 1 night in each pa campground on our way down. should we make reservations, or should we be able to find a spot each afternoon about 3 or 4?
I like making reservations. It makes me check out where I want to stay and plan how far I want to drive and keeps me from being turned away on holidays or during local events. I once had planned to stay where I know now is a popular race car track and ended up having to drive nearly 100 miles more to find a place to stay.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:11 PM   #27

@ Bob... in the summer peak season I would not chance. Especially on Fri /Sat but even during the week in touristy places. I always have a reservation the day before. I'm headed out this summer too and plan to use Pilot/Flying J etc. when I'm on the run and make reservations for longer periods at campsites well in advance.
You might take a look at the Pilot thread here if you're just looking for a quick in and out while heading towards your destination. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ght-78489.html
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sport