Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2019, 12:34 AM   #41

HI. Bonjour. I live in Alberta in Red Deer and here are some Canadian suggested stops.
Al Capone tunnels under the city in Moose Jaw, Sask.
South Alberta - Drumheller for Royal Tyrrell dinosaur museum, Watertown National Park, by Ft Maclead - Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump, Writing on Stone Provincial Park.
Then Banff Ntl Park and the highway from Banff to Jasper is simply amazing and you also go by the ice fields. Jasper is nice like Banff but not near as big or busy.
Have a good trip.
Pstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #42

Wisconsin on Western Trip

Depending on what time of year you are traveling (I don't recall if you mentioned it) and if you have time, go to Bayfield, WI, and take the sea kayaking tour to the sea caves! My husband and I took the full-day trip, which includes stopping for lunch that is provided. It is a beautiful experience. I recommend Trek & Trail. Their website is https://www.trek-trail.com. They will have everything you need. The sea kayaks are tandem kayaks, so you can take turns paddling!
PennyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:16 PM   #43

Literally every state in the US has some sort of Visitor's Guide package and they'll be happy to send you one for free.

If you're looking for more info from the group, it'd be helpful to know what sort of rig you'll be traveling in. Lots of tight roads in places like the Black Hills aren't accessible if you're in a sizeable coach. Also good to know your age, interests, traveling with kids, length of trip, etc.

A couple of clarifications: The Corn Palace is actually in Mitchell, SD and a lot of people assume that Custer's last stand is in Custer State Park in the Black Hills. It's about an hour from Sheridan, WY at the Bighorn National Monument.

Have a safe trip.
Hogrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #44
Sconnie

If your time frame puts you in Wisconsin the end of July, you can see the Lumberjack World Championships in Hayward, Wi (NW part of state). And while you're in Hayward, visit the freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame with it's 143 foot long Muskie, the world's longest.
shelleylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:25 PM   #45
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ulmer View Post
In North Dakota, Theodore Roosevelt National Park is worth seeing. Medora ND is the logical place to camp for that. Medora also puts on a very popular musical show in the summer.
North and South? The larger one. Theodore Roosevelt Park was beautiful, so many bison. Medora has one RV park I would avoid, you’ll see it in the reviews, you can’t stick an envelope in that place it’s so crowded. Nice managers.
In Washington state, Cape Flattery. And Lake Cushman has water so clear, you get out in it in a kayak, it’s positively disorienting. It’s my favorite.
Forks has the most beautiful beaches but it’s a long 30mph road, takes a lot of time.
Yall will have lots of fun. Tons of beauty and nice people. If you go to Seattle proper, hide your stuff and lock your doors. Kerry Park has the best view of the city.
Nancyc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #46

No one has mentioned Green Bay in Wisconsin. A day at Lambeau Field is a great experience if you like football. The tour of the stadium and their hall of fame are worth it.
Petedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #47
Sunseeker 2400MBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by crinteastwood View Post
Somewhat surprised that nobody has even mentioned Canada as worthwhile seeing. Banff and Jasper National Parks, Calgary, home of the Stampede, even the prairies of Saskatchewan with over 100,000 lakes and rated as some of the best fishing anywhere and Manitoba, where the Great Plains begin. The gateway to the true north and Alaska - you dont just do a round trip up here either. Not trying to be a nationalist, but we have a ton to offer up here, and for our U.S. friends the favorable exchange on your dollar makes us a super affordable country to visit and well worth your time to see a country that lots of people miss out on.
You are right, we LOVED our stays in Red Deer and Hinton, (skipped Calgary) and went to Jasper and Banff. And along the way. So much wildlife and we saw Lake Moraine with snow!!

Just Beautiful, nice people. The Visitor Centers act like concierges, they are so helpful.

This past summer we went the other way, Ontario to the Maritimes. Just so much to see and do.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:04 AM   #48

Take Flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by atemplesr View Post
Visit Deadwod South Dakota.Go to the cemetery where Wild Bill and Calamity Jane are buried.
Wife and I cried, left flowers and a pint of whisky.
Summo springs front and rear
RFoxUSMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #49

Great Falls, MT is a great 2-night stay over. You can see the falls, and go to the State Park there along the longest and shortest rivers in the U.S. Lots of great places along the route, we did 6 weeks this summer. Book early or will regret it if you go to Glacier and Yellowstone. Probably need 4-5 days at Glacier and the bus tour is "The Red Bus". Google it, it is well worth it.
markjamestx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2703 View Post
Glacier National Park in Montana, but don't do the Going to the Sun Road with an RV/Trailer. This is a ways off I-90 but worth the trip. Lewis & Clark Caverns (Just off I-90), also in Montana. Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (Blackwell Island RV Park) is a great stopping point along I-90 on the way to Seattle. If you are visiting Portland, make sure to see the Oregon Coast, Cannon Beach, Seaside or Newport, any of them would be worth seeing on the Oregon Coast.
x2 on this list! We've hit all of these places in various trips and enjoyed each one.

TT: 2020 26' Hemisphere 26BHHL
TV: 2020 GMC 2500HD 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:19 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjamestx View Post
Great Falls, MT is a great 2-night stay over. You can see the falls, and go to the State Park there along the longest and shortest rivers in the U.S. Lots of great places along the route, we did 6 weeks this summer. Book early or will regret it if you go to Glacier and Yellowstone. Probably need 4-5 days at Glacier and the bus tour is "The Red Bus". Google it, it is well worth it.
I'd add Fort Benton to a list of things to see, if you're around Great Falls.

TT: 2020 26' Hemisphere 26BHHL
TV: 2020 GMC 2500HD 4x4
glen1971 is offline   Reply With Quote