Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2020, 12:15 AM   #1

RV Trip Wizard question

I just subscribed to this today and I'm a little confused...or a lot! Is this primarily for routing you on your own designated course or can you say....I want to go from point A to point B and it'll give you options to go on? If it's the latter, I don't see where you can do that or maybe I still need to play with it to find it. Help, anyone?
Member Travel Resorts of America
Retired and adventurous!
Bbfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:59 AM   #2

It is not really all that intuitive, it does work quite well once you get it set up.

When you log in it should give you a screen with the choice to add a new trip or open an existing. Click on new trip and you should get a box to select where you want to start. Once you OK that you should get a screen with trip settings. Click on all the choices and update everything with your information as best you can, I especially like to make sure the RV dimensions, fuel capacity and mileage are accurate since those are used in the trip calculations.

Once you Ok those settings it should show you the map with your start location centered. At the top right of the map are some little boxes with icons in them, these are the features that will show up on the map, the one on the left is to show or hide campgrounds so be sure it is not grayed out. If you click on a campground symbol on the map it will give a box with some information. If you click on “more details” it will bring up a bigger box, within that box is an option to add to your trip. Once you add it the program should give you a route to get there. You can add many stops to your trip if you want and you change the order of the stops if needed. Watch along your trip route for the funny little triangles, they are estimates for fuel stops which I find extremely useful. You can search for and use sat photos of fuel stations to be sure to find one with good access which is very handy for those of us with larger rigs.
2022 F150 Powerboost Hybrid.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:15 AM   #3

Sometimes I start with where I am...then pick a destination a long ways away. Not necessarily my final destination. It will show you a route and the miles AND you can see what RV parks/towns/attractions are between the two. Then I decide if that is the route I want or not. If not, there is a re-route/drag route button to try something else. Mess with that a bit to see how it works. If I want to keep both of the routes for future reference, I start a new map ie:
Spring2020 is one map - Spring2020thruIdaho could be the other. Nothing is set in stone and you can change/add/delete any campground any time you want. It's a great tool.
OldGal3 is offline   Reply With Quote