Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2017, 08:20 AM   #1

Shakedown Trip #1

We just spent our first night in our NTU '03 Roo and it went well thanks to all of the great tips and advice I've found here on this forum. We visited our main camping/mountain biking destination in Stokesville, Virginia and scored a full service spot which has been perfect for putting all of the deluxe amenities to the test.

The Reese SC wdh with sway control made the trip up here smooth and easy behind my old Suburban, no sway! Easy to hook and unhook. No stress!

Dewinterized on site. The well water here is so good.

Water heater heats! On gas and electric check! So glad I knew how to properly fill the tank before burning up my element.

Shower works fine and the move able rod proved it's value.

Toilet check!

Kitchen services check! Fried up pork chops man were they good!

Beer and milk stayed cold!

The new floor really worked out well, dark colors hide dirt and relieves my OCD. My friend who is about 6'4" came for dinner and didn't fall through the floor either which would have happened if I hadn't fixed it.

It was 28 degrees out last night but the furnace did a great job and my newly installed $12 thermostat proved to be the right fix.

We did have some minor condensation issues but should be able to fix by tweaking the ventilation next time.

Next trip will be a boon docking shakedown to see how it does. So much yet to learn.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1833.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	595.4 KB
ID:	132160   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1837.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	605.4 KB
ID:	132161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1839.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	132162   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1844.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	132163  
MoonStomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #2

sounds like a great trip it nice with everything works, now all you have to do is get your camera to not take upside down pics. LOL
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote