Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2020, 10:29 PM   #1

Still keeping my RV reservations for late June and July

I'm sure many are or have planned trips this summer around our great land.
Well I do know some who cancelled all summer reservations and plan to do it in 2021.

I for one have been optimistic with hope things are under better control by June. At this moment April 20th I'm safe at home and have plenty of toilet paper and food so we are staying in and limiting going out and around folks for no reason.
I do shopping every week or so and limit exposure to others and get back home in a safe manner.

I have called most of the campgrounds I have reservations with and they are open now but have limits in and around group area such as laundry and bathroom.

So like I said we will get over this and still planning on rolling in late June.

How about you all?
Did you cancel or you planning to wait it out awhile?

Be safe.
Iggy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:35 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
First reservations are May 24 long weekend. A week after that too.

I have forced vacation and need to take everything (44 days) by August 7 lockdown or not.

Lost of reservations and nothing cancelled yet.

Camping when allowed and safe for us.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:48 AM   #3

We are heading out this weekend for a trip! Washed the camper yesterday! In addition to camping, we have had 2 cruises cancelled and waiting to see if the next one will happen. It not, hopefully the Keys will open up and we will head that way.

I've planned out our camping days through the rest of the year. 11 days at The Fort for Christmas rounds the year out.

I hope we still get up to about 30 days total.
UGACamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGACamper View Post
We are heading out this weekend for a trip! Washed the camper yesterday! In addition to camping, we have had 2 cruises cancelled and waiting to see if the next one will happen. It not, hopefully the Keys will open up and we will head that way.

I've planned out our camping days through the rest of the year. 11 days at The Fort for Christmas rounds the year out.

I hope we still get up to about 30 days total.
We have plans for the 30th for New Holland KOA PA near Lancaster. Right now we are still on.
Mike
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 V8 4x4
Mike223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #5

Glad to hear you all are moving forward.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:36 PM   #6
waybeck2018

We made a reservation at KOA Williamsburg, VA over Memorial Day to coincide with a newly announced ship reunion, USS Whidbey Island LSD41. I was pre-com plankowner so I jumped on the chance to go. Reservation was made in early March as soon as the reunion was announced. And now, the reunion has been cancelled, SO, I have no need to go to Williamsburg for the 6th time ! And Virginia, at my last check has closed all campgrounds for anything less than 14 days as I understand it. I may or may not get any of the deposit back since this KOA has a policy that any holiday week end reservation has a no deposit refund policy stated when I made the reservation. I plan to call first of May to inquire. Now, if the Governor falls to the Administrations senseless pressure to open, probably a lost deposit,

Looking Forward to Completing This Map Soon !
waybeck2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:45 PM   #7

x2 Still hoping, although, because of a lot of corona delays, I will be a week late for the first reservation, but hopefully still going.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:49 PM   #8

I'm wit you Iggy! RVon!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:03 PM   #9

Booked for May 27 to 30th at Oak Haven Campground, Wales, Ma. Hoping for it to happen. Our Good Sam chapter is going to open the season. If they don't open - just look ahead when we can. That's all you can do. We will abide by any restrictions that are put out there. Not a full hook up so we are hoping to hit a place that is open before the 27th, one night, and a full hook up to flush out the anti freeze. Stay safe out there!!
atemplesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:04 PM   #10
Retired Army MSG!

I plan to roll. Want put myself in the middle of a crowd but plan on being on a SC beach in June.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:10 PM   #11

we've had reservations since last year and at this time still hope to go in mid June. They can't keep the nation shut down forever. Be safe everyone and happy camping.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:12 PM   #12

Though we take COVID-19 seriously and have been doing all the things one should do to stay safe, I think RVing is the safest travel and recreation opportunity left for us. Though I would avoid public gatherings at this time it seems one would be as safe in an RV as in a house.

We don’t have any summer reservations yet (we boondock frequently) RVing is certainly on our calendar this summer.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:18 PM   #13

We lost our Easter trip but hopeful for Mother Day and Memorial Day. We don’t leave our state to go camping until end of June, heading to Ohio, Indiana, Michigan and seeing the Great Lakes. Hopeful that two week trip is not cancelled.

More concerned about my high school senior going to college in the fall. Just heard preliminary details on high school graduation, it sounds like a drive in movie where everyone stays in their cars and watch video screens.

2012 Ford F150 EB Crew FX4 3.73 gears
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH
Previous: 2012 Flagstaff MicroLite 23LB
2006 GMC Envoy Denali V8 & 2005 GMC Envoy I6
PSUFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #14

Hoping

Lost our spring trip to Gulf Shores...the future may be beyond my call: have July reservations, however going there will depend on the state campground reopening. Without a vaccination in place and an administration protocol in place that doesn't result in the travails depicted in "I Am Legend," any travel outside my home doesn't sweep me off my feet. The sights will be there next year.
RPOD 180 and Ford XLT 150 5.0
Craig and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:49 PM   #15

Trips

We had a trip planned for Acadia and the White Mountains June-July but plan to cancel. The trip would involve traveling through several states that I don't care to be near right now and several 1-2 day stops on the way up and back. I have scheduled a more local trip for a shorter period of time in July with the hopes that the parks will reopen. We have already had 3 other trips canceled due the pandemic. Until things get better I don't plan to travel far from home but I am anxious to get out of that home right now!
gkehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:02 PM   #16

Keeping a reservation for the middle of July in New Hampshire, not counting on to much before then.
Rob
Rob Darrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #17

We are still hopeful that things will be a little more relaxed so we aren't cancelling our June trip to Maine, New York, and over to Michigan and Indiana.
2015 Harley Ultra Classic
SheriP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:34 PM   #18
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

We use our TT more as "tourists" than "campers" if you will allow that distinction.
So even if a CG is open, we will cancel if restaurants, museums, attractions and shops are closed.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
We use our TT more as "tourists" than "campers" if you will allow that distinction.
So even if a CG is open, we will cancel if restaurants, museums, attractions and shops are closed.
We do that too, the trip in July is a Doobie Brothers concert.
Rob
Rob Darrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #20

Hope to!

All our reservations are in Canada, we are over the border in Michigan. So our camping is based on when the border opens. Ugh! I'm hopeful, but doubt we will make the Memorial Day one. They have Canadian Victoria Day the week before and I don't think they will have the parks open for that. It's known to be pretty rowdy with lots of drinking, at least at the Pinery. They ban alcohol during that time.
I may have to learn to boondock to camp in Michigan this summer. To top it off, we just got a new trailer!
kszac is offline   Reply With Quote