Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2018, 06:44 PM   #61

We lost a wheel cover on our new FR MBS right after the RV Dealer sold it to us (and they serviced it)! The dealer (Norms RV, Poway) refused to replace it! BTW, can’t get Norms RV to return calls regarding a serious FR recall as well!
Dan n Gerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #62

I think I'll add my name to "lost my patience trying to back in to a narrow spot" I was almost ready to just sleep in the truck. That is from both the driver and the traffic (un)controller behind the trailer.

Lost:
  • The stripping from around our door. Weirdest thing, but it was gone one day.
  • We lost a bumper end cap but then we don't use it.
  • We lost our reservation, had no cell service but luckily a sympathetic attendant who let us in on the promise we come back and let her know.
  • Left keys, wallet, purse at home - an hour later they were retrieved.

At this point we were just starting to make a camping list. Now it's the very last thing we remember to bring and check with each other on top of it.

Possibly lost but unlikely:
  • Propane tank - weren't around, now we lock it to the trailer
  • Battery - yup, cut the lock and the harness on the day we were leaving on a holiday long weekend our RV shop was closed. Sadly, the replacement wasn't as good as what was "lost" and the harness repair set us back time wise.

Haven't lost our sense of adventure!!
tturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:48 PM   #63

Sewer hoses

2 trips....2 sewer hoses. One cap and one locking cap. It’s going in the back of the truck!! Lol
Kimberhammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #64
DaLexusGuy

Cool Brand New Water Pressure Regulator

...the nice, expensive, adjustable kind. Used it two nights at Fort Wilderness (our maiden voyage in the new rig). Left it near the water outlet. If you found it, you are welcome.
LeoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #65

Tire....

Lost an entire rim and tire...sheered all 6 lugs and I didn't even notice. had another traveler pull up next to us on the highway and let us know we lost a tire. I thought they meant we had a flat. Pulled over to find the entire rim and tire where gone. Never felt a thing. Now we carry a spare set of lugs and 2 spare tires. Seems a 6 lug rim is hard to find in stock at stores and Camping World is no help.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #66

My Temper!
Trasher74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:23 PM   #67

I Also lost my propane cover lid this summer when I didn’t secure it with the thumb screws.
Dtpaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #68

storm loss

Driving from Monument Valley to Tuba City AZ, I was hit by a t-storm gust that rocked my GMC 1500 and my Rockwood TT. Nothing I couldn't handle but didn't notice anything unusual. After arrival in Tuba City, I went to extend my 21 foot awning only to find there wasn't one there! The arms and brackets along with the canopy were simply gone. no damage to the side of the trailer, not even a scratch! I figure I was going about 60 MPH when a gust hit me just off to the right from head on that was probably about 50 MPH making the wind speed on the awing about 110 mph. No, I didn't go back to look for it.
Ursa Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:41 PM   #69

A small but irreplaceable item - our 2nd KOA soap holder, the plastic kind that has a plastic "rope" attached. Left it in the shower at the Grand Junction KOA a couple years ago, and didn't realize it until the next day. When I asked about it, no one knew a thing. Sigh.
catmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:45 PM   #70

Other than a wheel cap, nothing thank goodness
MeSeaHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:47 PM   #71

A bike...
Dylvinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:55 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
The back bumper end caps. Why isn't there a retainer clip on those things?
I needed them so I took them! LOL
Isn't that the mentality these days?

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:57 PM   #73

We lost bumber camps, TV attena, sewer vent cap,
and had generator stolen.
Grampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:14 PM   #74

Lost a propane lantern (stolen)
Lost a sewer hose slinky (blew out of the back of the truck)
Lost my keys on the beach (found them same night)
Lost a wheel chock (compartment open caught it in the campground but chock must have already fell out)
TV Antenna (hit a tree)
Old 10-01-2018, 08:23 PM   #75

Things I have lost

Over the years, several a/c covers, sewer hoses, refer vents, sewer vent caps, spare tire, window awning, and wheel covers. Of course I've been RVing for over 40 years.
SugarRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #76

Lost my dignity when I blew out my ankle stepping off the dually while unhooking our FW. Wasn't even at the campsite five minutes.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:31 PM   #77

One trip I stopped at a Walmart to buy a bicycle and then proceeded to a campground for the night, where I tried out the new bike and then parked it next the camp table. The next day, about 300 miles down the road, I realized that I forgot to pack up the bike and had left the it behind. At that point I decided that returning to the campground would involve 600 miles of extra fuel, way more than the bike cost. Hope some enjoyed the bike.
bill32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:23 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Whiskey View Post
Just a curious question for everybody, but what are some things that you have lost on the road or otherwise.
We have lost a bathroom vent cover on the road in West NM. A gas can and generator cover in West AL. Seems we lose everything in the west part of a state. I'm not sure how we get anywhere by not going through the western part of a state.
Learned not to put light weight items in the back of the pickup when towing our 5th wheel at highway speed. The item in particular was one of those large yellow plastic stabilizer jack pads. They bounce around and the turbulence in the pickup bed if it catches it just right it's gone! I remember hearing a barely audible thud as it must have hit the trailer and pitched hopefully to the roadside rather than into approaching or trailing traffic. Also, lost a couple of push-in type sewer hose bumper caps until like one of the other respondents I upgraded them to the hinged type and now they follow me wherever I go! LOL
jz5w63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #79

Not much....just a hitch receiver cover....and, on an earlier trailer we had those cheap shiny plastic spinner wheel covers. I really hope they didn't cause any damage, but I would love to have seen the looks on people's faces following us when the spinner part came off! Incoming!

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 3170 DS 32' w/2 slides
soulman327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #80
Senior Gold Member

I have the TShirt that says that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Of all the things that I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
I have the T shirt that says that but it’s in rough shape...
rthomaslyons is offline   Reply With Quote