Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #1

Toll Roads

A new toll road opened in Texas today. It goes from San Antonio to Austin and the speed limit is 85 MPH! I am told that it has the highest speed limit of any road in the US?
It is leased by the State of Texas to a company from Spain and they get to keep the tolls for the lease payments. I am trying to find out if RVs are allowed and what the minimum speed limit is.
I realy don't like the idea of leasing or selling public assets to other Countries, but no one asked me.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #2

I'm not sure about your statement that "a company from Spain" is operating the toll road - as I understand it, it's been leased to the SH 130 Concession Co.

would you please post the site/reference from which you've gotten your info - thanks.....Bill
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #3

There was a article in the Dallas Morning news that said this company was from Spain. I agree about leasing to other countries but that seems to be the norm for our present GOVERMENT
Poppy Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #4

Heck we SOLD the Long Beach Naval Ship Yards to the Chinese for use as their deep water port for their container ships, what's a small toll road.

2012 Winnebago "Journey To Insanity" 40U
2008 Dakota Sport 4x4
2004 Subaru Baja - DW's
2006 Honda Shadow Aero - TOAD for now.
F.R.O.G. member
lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #5

I got the information on NBC TV news, Houston, Texas, local news not national and it was some time in the past 2 weeks. Since it opened there has been a number of accidents were autos have hit feral hogs that run in packs at night. The showed some films of the accidents.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote