Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2019, 05:44 PM   #1

Trip Suggestions New Hampshire to Utah

We (DW and I) are planning a trip this spring (travel trailer Mini-Lite 2104S) from New Hampshire to Utah with a visit to relatives in Troy, Ohio. We have not done a trip of this length (mileage or days) before. Any suggestions especially sight seeing and campgrounds along the way will be appreciated. We will be taking our two labs with us. Besides having a great time, are there any problems, "events", or whatever's that we might encounter or need to plan for?
nh yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:56 PM   #2

This is a very open question. Utah is a large State. Do you have a destination or area in mind? For the spring, Southern Utah has many places to visit. There was a thread recently about some folks wanting to do just what you are proposing. Have you reviewed that thread and other similar recent threads? Those should answer a lot of questions.

Depending on when you go a more southerly route may be in order. Get on line and look up some destinations to see what is available. Spring is a busy time in Southern Utah so spaces may be limited. A little research now will save you a lot of grief later.
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #3

Speaking for my self, I have A roadside assistance membership. Gives me peace of mind knowing I can get flat tire changed or a tow if needed.

If,you are a planner, like us, Take a look at RV trip wizard app. We use it because of the CG, Walmart, flying J, pilot, Cabelas, etc. $40 per year. I am Currently planning a trip from SC to Montana, Colorado, etc. This app will map out your trip, transit distances, CG reviews. It shows the CG's and their affiliations..

For site seeing, request info from various states online tourists site. It's free. This helps in planning what you might be interested in.

Have fun and enjoy the trip.
Garrette is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:25 PM   #4

We did a trip from SC to Utah in 2012. Did not take the camper though. If you can find a good campground around MOAB there is much to do there. Arches, Canyonlands national parks and other stuff like petroglyphs, dinosaur footprints and such. If you hike, go to Zion National park and hike the narrows.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:01 AM   #5

Thanks

Thanks Garrette and Wilshowfur. Both are suggestions I will follow up on.

Can anyone tell me what the road from Salt Lake City to Yellowstone Park is like?
nh yankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
utah