Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpacker View Post
Before going to Canada, I read both the Canadian and U.S. Customs regulations concern items which are and are not allowed. The question about fresh food is quite vague. We were told by the folks in Canada the we would have no problems if the food had labels showing the country of origin. Those little sticker on the apples and oranges.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I've never had problems bringing fresh fruit and veg (or meat for that matter) in to Canada. Cheese, dairy, eggs - no problem. They do get concerned about live plants in soil and absolutely no untreated wood products (so camp fire wood in a no, no). Something to do with bugs and critters coming in with those sorts of things When heading back south, avoid taking citrus fruits and tomatoes (unless they are chopped and in a bowl). Last year I declared I had some fresh tomatoes and some bell peppers that we had just bought from Costco. They were seized, still in their original packaging but I could have had them if they were chopped and ready to serve on a salad?
You'll get asked about the usual (alcohol, tobacco products and of course firearms or ammunition).

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #42

Before I retired I used to travel to Canada to meet with clients which had interests in the U.S.. I would normally have to do some explaining at Canadian customs, telling them I was only there to discuss the U.S. interests and was NOT involved in any Canadian operations. Canada was simply protecting their workforce from some foreigner (me) taking their jobs. Wish we did a little better job of that.

Helping me move through customs was that I was in the insurance business - nobody wants to have a long conversation with an insurance guy.

Every time I went to Montreal I managed to get lost and I had no problem getting assistance in English. Just as nice as the people in Ontario, imo.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada