Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2014, 12:30 PM   #1

Wanted to share

So, it's been a while since I've been on here. Wanted to put out some worthy info about our recent travels. Odds and ends topics. Most importantly...Ocean Lakes Campground, Myrtle Beach. AWESOME! Beyond just the grounds. We made it within 5 miles of the resort (traveled 9 hours day one, 4 day 2)and our right front end almost fell off. Tire was "2 and 8o'clock" instead of "12 and 6"...needless to say...we called Coachnet for towing. Outstanding service. But because we were so close I called the resort and they came and towed our Viper XLR 40' toy hauler to our campsite!! Talk about OUTSTANDING people! Plus the tow vehicle was picked up within 20 mins and taken to dealer...ouch...replaced both sides of front end...still have heart palpitations from that bill...LOL! Anyways...Ocean Lakes Campground ROCKS on sooo many levels. Next up...Caledonia PA State Park. Great location...HORRIBLE showers. 3 children(two are teenagers) on a electric only site with 100 gal water tank for four days. We needed to conserve water so up to the showers...OMG...hold the handle the entire time for warm water with a six year old. Little stressful. Made it through, but not sure we will return with teenagers. Next up...Forest River blogs about 2nd year warranty. Spoke with FR this morning...even though the form says need to purchase within 10 days of RV purchase...NOT AN ISSUE ANYMORE! She emailed me the form...$250 with completed form in the mail. Not one hassle...lady answered the phone and I got the form within a half hour. Nice What else??? Oh, our Viper has had to have the "motherboard" replaced all ready...furnace not working...replaced by dealer immediately This past Friday(on our way to Caladonia) brake controller flipping out! Stopped at dealer...loose wire rubbing on 3rd axle brake drum...dealer fixed...on the road again. LOVE our Viper, bought new last Oct...working out the kinks...all is good! Gotta roll with the flow...nothing to get cranky over. Love Forest River!! LOVE LOVE our dealer...MOORES AUTO and RV, WYSOX PA! Ask for Vinnie...the BEST!! This is our third purchase from them. Great used, great trades, great new deals. Locally owned shop since 1962! Check them out! Tell him Angie sent ya! Happy Travels)
aallabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:07 AM   #2

We too loved ocean lakes campground. We traveled from NY and did it in one day. Not a lot of fun, especially with a 49 year old. The two 9 year olds did great but the wife was none too happy with the long drive. We were planning on a two day drive home, but due to a family emergency we needed to depart by 3:30am and make the drive home. At that point I was none too happy with the drive. The campground was worth every penny, which the cost I thought was very reasonable too.
People were great right down to the clerks in the store who would chat with our kids and mAke every one right at home.
That was last years vacation, this year we just booked a KOA in. Saco Maine, here's hoping its as good!
Aca651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:36 AM   #3

I too just recently stayed at ocean lakes for a week. What a great place and there hospitality is awesome. When I go to places and see everyone so friendly and willing to help along with not nickle and dimming you on extras, I will definitely return! They let us check in early no problem, no extra fees, even had friends stop by for the day and they said no extra fee, here's a car pass take em on back to your site. Wow. Maybe it's a northeast thing where I'm at but they rob you here at home for everything extra!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:17 AM   #4

So true on the nickel and diming here in the north east. Here they charge for each kid most don't even allow the obligatory two kids and ow the KOA has added a resort fee. It gets to be too much.
We had the same experience at ocean lakes. Have friends that live in myrtle beach and they were given a car pass to come and go as they please.

Great times. Great place

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Aca651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:36 AM   #5

You will love Saco, Maine! Just got back from Bar Harbor
aallabaugh is offline   Reply With Quote