Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2022, 09:42 PM   #1

What are your plans for the 2022 season?

The wife and I have been toying with the idea of going to Alaska this year. Last year we did west coast to east coast, north to south and a lot of in between. Even made a run up to Banff when the border opened. Over 16,000 miles and off the top of my head 120- 140 nights. Still, we have the urge to get out again for an extended trip. We'll probably head over to Canyonlands/Arches/Moab area for a week or two in the next month or so.
About the only thing that is really on the burner is I'm going to be doing the Trans America Trail this year, probably in late April or early May. (Motorcycle, not bicycle, I'm old!) Other than that, nothing set.
So, who's planning something extended?
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:19 AM   #2

Well, 2022 is going to be a big year for the GF and me.
We got our new 31R5, she semi-retired, I’m semi-retired, and we are taking the Summer to travel with the two mutts, motorcycles, bicycles, and paddle boards. Our first big trip will be in May for the Indian Rally on Indian Point (motorcycles in Branson, MO.), then who knows?
We need to see the giant Paul Bunyan statue, the world’s biggest ball of twine, etc.
Dan_Frisbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:02 AM   #3

We are planning 4 to 6 weeks in the Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado route. We can't start in Colorado because many of the roads will still be under snow when we start in April. We have been in this area before but this time it will be seeing many of the sights most people drive past.
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:38 AM   #4
Insert witty title here

My plan is to live to see 2023.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 09:56 AM   #5

Starting early. Leaving this morning on a 3000 mile plus ( in total) trip to the Southwest. Hopefully warmer and drier.

All boondocking and don't plan on heading towards home until late February.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 10:08 AM   #6

Picking up a new TT soon. We need to get familiar with it and have a couple of good shakedown trips.

I am having a third baby and my company has a new policy where I get 3 months off work for paternity leave. We have a campsite booked for 3 months that is full hookup, on lake michigan. We will likely stay there for 2 months. Trying to take advantage of my time off.
TracerDad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 10:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Always a good plan!
Old 01-04-2022, 10:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerDad13 View Post
Picking up a new TT soon. We need to get familiar with it and have a couple of good shakedown trips.

I am having a third baby and my company has a new policy where I get 3 months off work for paternity leave. We have a campsite booked for 3 months that is full hookup, on lake michigan. We will likely stay there for 2 months. Trying to take advantage of my time off.
We were on the UP visiting Mackinac Island in mid May last year for a week. The island was pretty much opened up but not so much the seasonal stuff on the mainland. Beautiful part of the country.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:58 PM   #9

Oshkosh Air Show, Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, and Talladega Fall Race. Probably a golf trip in there somewhere too.
fuzzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzball View Post
Oshkosh Air Show, Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, and Talladega Fall Race. Probably a golf trip in there somewhere too.
Seeya in Talladega.
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:09 PM   #11

Been doing volunteer trail work in Colorado for about 24 years. GF got tired of sleeping in the back of the truck for the 16 years we've been together, so we bought the trailer.

Gonna be staying a fair amount at Colorado State Forest State Park clearing downed trees from trails using axes and old crosscut saws. By the way, any of you have or know of old crosscut saws that could be had free or cheap for me to refurbish that would be pretty fantastic.

Don't have the rest of the summer volunteer schedule, but it's hard to beat CO and when volunteering we always have a free camping spot.
j_chastain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 06:41 PM   #12

No exactly “camping” but have reservations at Anne Osborne CG in Sault Ste. Marie, MI for 60 days in June/July/August. Love watching the freighters on the St. Mary’s River going into/out of the locks.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:00 AM   #13

2022 retry of 2020 trip

We had this trip planned for 2020 but like the rest of the world Covid happened . So we are trying again.

N to Custer State Park in SD, 3 stops overnight along the way,

Then W to Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc.

Further W to Chester, CA where we will spend a 10 day break with Kids, Grand kids and Great Grand kids.

leaving there meandering through NV, Zion, Mesa Verde, Monument Valley, a bit and over to Moriarty, NM for more Grand Kids and Great Grand Kids.
Then a leisurely 4 day trip home
5500 miles + any side driving done at the stops.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:23 AM   #14
MCTroy

2022 Trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney 78865 View Post
We were on the UP visiting Mackinac Island in mid May last year for a week. The island was pretty much opened up but not so much the seasonal stuff on the mainland. Beautiful part of the country.
Hi Mooney. We want to go up to Michigan and Mackinac Island this fall. Any pointers on where to stay or avoid? We are traveling from Ohio. Thanks!!
Since I still work FT no long trips for us yet. But we will get out for our extended stay at Cherry Hill RV park near DC. That happens to be very near our daughter and granddaughter.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:26 AM   #15

We're taking the trek back to NE again this summer fir several months. We take our time getting there stopping at various CGs along the way taking 26 to 81 which is a lot easier, IMO, than going straight up 95. Before we leave NE friends will hopefully meet us up there from Alabama and we'll show then around NE including good old Boston, perhaps the Cape then start back with them hitting up Sturbridge Village,Gettysburg, Harrisburg, DC, Richmond and other places they've never been to as we head back then we'll probably head over to Pigeon Forge then down to the Panhandle of Florida then we both head home. We've been planning a trip out to the midwest just not sure we'll do that as well if we got time.
Great Granddaughter - Cora (2 y/o)
Great Grandson - Zek (1 y/o)
Phillip (son)/Charlotte (6 y/o)
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:39 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
X2
Having lots of Fun traveling with my wife
old40ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:13 AM   #17

MCTroy,

Ive been to the island many times. I really enjoy riding a bike around the whole thing. Its flat and I think about 7 miles or so. If you want to do that its cheaper to bring your own vs rent one there.

There's lots of campground around the mainland, depends on what you want. You can find one with full hook up or go to the more rustic wilderness state park nearby.

One other mention - I know its not RVing but if you can stay on the island overnight I recommend that. The island really quiets down after about 5pm when all of the day tourists go home. You get a very unique experience when you stay the night.
TracerDad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:40 AM   #18

Heading out mid Feb for 13 week trip. PA to CA. Longest trip yet in days and miels. Twenty-nine different places to stay. Of course, about 15 or so are one-nighters on the way out and back.

First up is Shiloh and Vicksburg Civil War battlefields, Hot Springs NP, then TX to visit relatives, White Sands, NM, Saguro NP, Lost Dutchman State Park, AZ, Death Valley NP, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, CA, Channel Islands NP(we'll take a boat for that one), Antelope Valley for the poppies(we hope), Pinnacles NP, Yosemite NP, Lone Pine, CA, Bryce NP, and Escalante NM. More than half of these are new places. Will put NPs visited up to about 50 or so after this trip. Yosemite and Bryce are repeats but for only the 3rd or 4th time each so still worth it!!!

2016 APEX 215rbk
2016 F-150 4WD 3.55 3.5l ecoboost
jwfrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:54 AM   #19

Yellowstone and Grand Teton in the spring, then Glacier in the fall.

The kiddo is stoked to see Yellowstone and the bears and wolves.

The wife is stoked she has a real bed to sleep in at night in the TT instead of the sleeping bag and a roll up pad in a tent.

I’m stoked because now I won’t have my wife waking me up every time she feels the slightest movement thinking it’s a bear coming to get us! (The wind flaps the tent alittle… “Wake up, I think a bear is outside!” A twig hits the ground… “Wake up, I think I hear a bear outside!” I swear we could be tenting in the middle of Times Square and she’ll still think a bear is right there!! LOL!)
Backcountryboondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:14 AM   #20

We did Zion, Arches and Bryce Canyon two years ago and I am thinking about going back to do the Canyons and other places we did not get to the last time. Just watched an hour long video on the Smithsonian Channel on Utah which got me inspired to go back.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote