Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
That looks so sad, did you run out of room?
No but showing the other two full racks seemed like bragging
Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #22
The Busted Wrench

Timber Ridge is a nice campground in TC. We are going to try Holiday Park this Memorial Day weekend. The state park is right in town and in town can get very busy during the tourist season.
ChevyTech77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #23

By far the best wine tour region is the North fork of Long Island! There are 56 wineries within a 30 - 40 mile drive, which means you can knock off 2 - 3 in the AM and 4 -5 in the PM each day! There is only one campground but it is very nice. It used to be a KOA but has gone private. It's just west of Greenport. We did this in October, just before halloween and the roadside stands along the way were just going crazy with displays and offerings!
glfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:49 PM   #24

Hi Folks, Northern Pa. and Southern NY. Have great winery's. you can get on the net. and they have a mapped out route off all the winery's in that area. I'm sure they have camping also. On the way down through Kentucky and Tennessee we saw sighs for winery's but were unable to stop. hope that helps you out.
welder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:53 PM   #25

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
No but showing the other two full racks seemed like bragging
No, that's not bragging, that's pure envy for wine lovers. I always wanted a wine cellar myself, you know, the kind that castles have. Sort of the original man cave.
Total Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #26
Rookies on this site.

Send a message via Skype™ to UsandScarlett
Thanks so much for the Traverse City info. The campground looks like a great place. I was there years ago on business and agree that the restaurants are great. The Cherry wine was a little too much cherry, but it was good. I've told my wife about it so many times and showed her the pictures, that she wants to go there with our 5th wheel.
UsandScarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsandScarlett View Post
Thanks so much for the Traverse City info. The campground looks like a great place. I was there years ago on business and agree that the restaurants are great. The Cherry wine was a little too much cherry, but it was good. I've told my wife about it so many times and showed her the pictures, that she wants to go there with our 5th wheel.
Agree on the cherry wine, a little sweet for my taste. I am a pure red dry wine type. I can handle the dry whites, but not a lot.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:32 PM   #28
Marion & Jim

Total Bliss, we go to the Traverse City, Michigan area also, at least once a summer and stay just outside Sutton's Bay at Wild Cherry RV Resort. Right in the middle of all the wineries. There are new wineries going up all the time. Beautiful place to visit.
Marion Glanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Glanton View Post
Total Bliss, we go to the Traverse City, Michigan area also, at least once a summer and stay just outside Sutton's Bay at Wild Cherry RV Resort. Right in the middle of all the wineries. There are new wineries going up all the time. Beautiful place to visit.
Went to their website, very nice looking. Another great decision.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #30

OK - Colorado in the area of Grand Junction has multiple good winery stops, and east of San Diego CA has a multitude of good wineries to sample too. I'll have to check on
the Harvest Host thing, I think good wineries are springing up all over the country, so "Sample On"!
LairdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 04:24 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
We love the finger lakes region in NY. There are lots of campgrounds (we've never stayed at any) and great state parks ( we stayed at many!) There are the Seneca Lake Wine trail, Cayuga Lake Wine trail, and the wineries around the Keuka lake. We've Been visiting wineries there for 10 years and I don't think we've been to them all! Seriously, there are so many wineries. Oh, and a camping world near Bath, NY!
Any suggestions on the state campgrounds?

Thanks
VT Skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT Skier View Post
Any suggestions on the state campgrounds?

Thanks
Oh my, where do I start.... Robert Treman has a swimming hole, great hiking and falls, is minutes from Ithaca & big name stores, Taughannock Falls has great hiking, nice falls (one taller than Niagra) is close to Ithaca, but closer to the wineries than Treman. Ithaca Brewery is closer to Treman - great Apricots Wheat beer if you like that drink. Both Treman and Taughannock have some electric sites. Taughannock sites are smaller. I can just get my 31'tt in only a few.

A little farther west is Watkins Glen..nice campground, great hiking. The park is nice, but a bit too commercial/crowded at times. The town is nice as well. Between Watkins Glenn and Sampson state park are about a zillion wineries and a few breweries. Sampson State park is awesome, some sites are almost a quarter acre! Its right on Senaca lake so can be a bit cool at times. There are miles and miles of roads to bike as the park was a Navy base. Also on the park is a marina and military museum staffed by WW2 vets. Oh, head north from the park and you might see white whitetail deer inside the fenced military base. Sampson is farther from the majority of wineries but there are two 6 miles north of the park the rest are south near Watkins Glenn or east towards Taughannock Falls.

We've never stayed in the parks on the Northern part of the finger lakes.

We like all the parks we've stayed in. All are clean, are reasonably patrolled by park police, usually quiet and cheap. Limited electric sites and no sewer or water hook ups are a downer for some people.

Other parks, though not necessarily close to wineries, are Letchworth, Filmore Glenn & Keuka Lake state park. Keuka lake park is North of a handful of wineries and breweries.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:24 AM   #33
Just Love to Camp

Misty Mountain Camp Resort in Virginia does wine tours of several vineyards straight from the campgrounds We have quite a few Also they dew brewery tours. That way you don't have to worry about driving

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #34
2011 FR Shamrock 19

loving all this... sounds like we will have to visit Traverse City! has anyone done Niagara region in Ontario?
Mark J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #35

Have done the Niagara region in Ontario several times. The most memorable was several years ago. We went to Niagara Falls late Nov. and did the wine tour. Stopped at Stone Church and had ice wine in front of the fireplace. Left the winery with several bottles of ice wines and a 12 bottles of red and 12 bottles of white.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:26 PM   #36

Sure would like to read some posts from the West Coast areas also. I mean really... CALIFORNIA, OREGON and WASHINGTON!!!!!
Old 02-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTJohn View Post
Harvest Hosts is great. Many wineries, farms, growers, etc. are in the network. Free stay for a night (or two if you ask) and nice folks at every one of the places.

Big John, have you joined and had good expierences with what is offered for the 40ty bucks. My concern would be "I paid 40 bucks for this". Just interested in first hand knowledge. Sounds like a possible alternative to a walmart now and then. I would think that route is more interesting, as you travel the country and expierence all that is out there.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:34 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordes View Post
Misty Mountain Camp Resort in Virginia does wine tours of several vineyards straight from the campgrounds We have quite a few Also they dew brewery tours. That way you don't have to worry about driving

That looks like one to add to my list of places I want to go. Not much for wine, but I'll jump right on a brewery tour! Thanks!
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:14 PM   #39

Hagerman, ID.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...86475890,d.cGU

1000 springs campground just up HWY 30 towards Buhl, ID.

Sunny slope area just out of Marsing, ID.

I suggest you contact the Winery in the area you wish to visit and ask about their amenities.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:03 PM   #40

Ford Idaho, Thanks for the info.

2016 Silverado Dually
2016 Cedar Creek Champagne 38el