Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #1

Thumbs up 2011 sunseeker 2900

I purchased my 1st RV, took the maiden voyage to Bristol Tn from Upstate NY. Overall happy w/ the rig. Just a few problems. CO2 detector was faulty, tail light bulb blew and a panal next to the fridge was cut to big and popped out. Went to the dealer (Albany RV), and they fixed all the problems the day after I returned. Looking forward to many more trips.
Mike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #2

Mike001,

congrats on your new camper and welcome to the forum. Happy to hear that you had only minor problems that were taken care of. Hope you have many more fun and trouble free trips.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike001 View Post
I purchased my 1st RV, took the maiden voyage to Bristol Tn from Upstate NY. Overall happy w/ the rig. Just a few problems. CO2 detector was faulty, tail light bulb blew and a panal next to the fridge was cut to big and popped out. Went to the dealer (Albany RV), and they fixed all the problems the day after I returned. Looking forward to many more trips.
Let me know how it turns out, I ordered the exact same model (2011 Sunseeker 2900) but I won't get mine till the end of Sept. 2010... did you purchase yours from RV direct?
amarettl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #4

Got mine from a dealer ..Albany RV. Just noticed another taillight bulb is out, I guess I will buy a 4 pack and keep them in the rig. Taking a short 3hr trip this weekend to Saranac Lake, NY. I will post after the trip w/ any additional concerns. Overall happy so far. Just make sure you do a complete walkthrough, and address any concerns. We had to wait like an hour and a half for them to recaulk a few things, remove some glue spots, and mount a tv in the bedroom that was supposed to be done.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #5

Welcome. Sounds like a good dealer, on the small things anyway. Hopefully small problems are all you will have. Enjoy all your trips. Old Guys
Old 08-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike001 View Post
Got mine from a dealer ..Albany RV. Just noticed another taillight bulb is out, I guess I will buy a 4 pack and keep them in the rig. Taking a short 3hr trip this weekend to Saranac Lake, NY. I will post after the trip w/ any additional concerns. Overall happy so far. Just make sure you do a complete walkthrough, and address any concerns. We had to wait like an hour and a half for them to recaulk a few things, remove some glue spots, and mount a tv in the bedroom that was supposed to be done.
Glad yours doesn't have any big problems, I hope mine turns out the same, I'll be flying to Iowa to pick it up then driving back 1700 miles back home...
amarettl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #7

Took my 3rd trip w/ my rig, working out fine. Haven't checked my gas mileage yet, gonna change my oil, and check it next trip. Hopefully gonna get out 1 more time this season.