Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2019, 08:13 PM   #1

2012 wildwood Heritage Glen 262fl Multiple questions

We just bought this camper for our daughter. We are having several issues and are hoping someone can help. There was no owner's manual and my exhaustive internet search didn't find one of use.

1) We can not seem to find both termination valves - we found the one near the outlet that we believe is the gray water - but can not locate any others. Is it possible there is only one - or what are we missing?

2) Hot water heater just gives out luke warm water. We replaced the diode (which was almost non existent) but that didn't help.

We would love a copy of the actual manual.... any help or suggestions would be appreciated.!
deopowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:45 PM   #2

Should for sure be two pulls handles one for grey and one for black. Black would be by the bathroom. if rear kitchen model grey could be somewhere else and not next to each other. Others will chime in on the water heater but I believe there is a common cause of luke warm water.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:31 AM   #3

3 Valve for this model. 2 Gray and 1 black

Hello I have the same RV,

Do not know what to tell you about the RV but there is three valves to drain the tanks the one next to the outlet is the Black tank. There should be one between the two tires and one towards the rear of the front slide. I had to just this weekend add a threaded rod to the valve to be able to use this front grey water release valve. I hope this helps I can send picture if you need more help. I would just need to know where to send them. I dont have the pictures today with me but would be glad to go take a picture for you. also if you find a manual online let me know please because I need one as well.

Thanks
Stan
Stan56131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by deopowers View Post
1) We can not seem to find both termination valves - we found the one near the outlet that we believe is the gray water - but can not locate any others. Is it possible there is only one - or what are we missing? Stan gave you good info about this item.

2) Hot water heater just gives out luke warm water. We replaced the diode (which was almost non existent) but that didn't help. The two main reasons for getting luke warm water from the water heater is that the bypass valve(s) are left in the winterize position, or the outside shower valves are left on and the shower head valve is closed.
P.S. I'm pretty sure you mean that you replaced the Anode rod, not the diode. At any rate, that would have nothing to do with whether the water gets hot or not.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:51 PM   #5

Yes please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan56131 View Post
Hello I have the same RV,

Do not know what to tell you about the RV but there is three valves to drain the tanks the one next to the outlet is the Black tank. There should be one between the two tires and one towards the rear of the front slide. I had to just this weekend add a threaded rod to the valve to be able to use this front grey water release valve. I hope this helps I can send picture if you need more help. I would just need to know where to send them. I dont have the pictures today with me but would be glad to go take a picture for you. also if you find a manual online let me know please because I need one as well.

Thanks
Stan

When you have time, I would love the pic. We finally found 2... but not the 3rd. Had to end up taking it in and having the tank cleaned out... expensive!!
I will let you know if i end up finding a manual!

If you don't mind, can you send me a PM? Thank you so much!
Old 12-15-2019, 10:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
P.S. I'm pretty sure you mean that you replaced the Anode rod, not the diode. At any rate, that would have nothing to do with whether the water gets hot or not.
Yes I am sure you are right... I was just typing what my hubby said!

Yes it was left in winterizing position and that fixed it! Thank you!
Old 12-15-2019, 11:50 PM   #7

If you still want a manual for your WH since it has an anode rod it would be a Suburban brand. Your furnace would probably be the same. Manuals van be found on line.
Quote:
Yes I am sure you are right... I was just typing what my hubby said!

Yes it was left in winterizing position and that fixed it! Thank you!
rmanduch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:00 AM   #8

Quote:
When you have time, I would love the pic. We finally found 2... but not the 3rd. Had to end up taking it in and having the tank cleaned out... expensive!!
I will let you know if i end up finding a manual!

If you don't mind, can you send me a PM? Thank you so much!
I looked up your model # and unless you have the afore mentioned rear kitchen you only have two tanks, 1 black and 1 gray. Of course you have a FW holding tank also but it has a very small drain.

Being a TT you will not find a manual. Only generic ones. You can get manuals on all your equipment (A/C. stove, fridge ect on line) from each manufacturer.

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2012-...n-262fl-tr5191
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:05 PM   #9

More issues with this camper!!

Please help - if you own one of these - can you tell me if you have trouble with the black water tank?
We took it in and had it completely cleaned out. It was expensive.
It worked for 2 days - and we had to take it back. They charged me another $370.
Brought it back and it still isn't working - it floods. She is one person -

They told me that it was "made" that way.......

Please help!
Old 01-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #10
Site Team

Did they tell you exactly what the issue was? $370 seems very high for cleaning out a black tank, especially twice.

She knows to use plenty of water whenever she flushes, right? And also not to flush any feminine hygiene products?

You may need to do a little investigating to figure out what's going on. You can buy an inspection camera for your phone and look inside the down pipe to see if it's protruding too far into the tank. That would cause it to plug up pretty quickly. Keep in mind that the tank is pretty shallow to begin with.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:54 AM   #11

Septic Help

Thank you! I will try the camera thing. The $370 was the second time - the first time was right around $500. They said the factory made one of the ends to shallow and so the waste was getting stuck at the entry point and not flowing down.
We have tried again, and filled it 1/3 of the way with water and am going to watch it and hope that helps... I will try the camera thing though!
Old 01-09-2020, 10:12 AM   #12
Site Team

You don't need a lot of water in the tank to begin with, but you need to use plenty (more than you think you should) when you flush. I usually fill the bowl full of water after a go before I flush and then flush it and let the water run a while after the toilet valve is open.
Old 01-09-2020, 09:47 PM   #13
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

On the owners manual, virtually NO ONE gives a credible owners manual, they are very very generic if available at all.
Almost no one writes a specific manual for a specific model. Most of the literature given on new units are the manuals for the appliances from the appliance manufacturers.
Just the way it is.

But I think that may have already been addressed.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, wildwood