Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2021, 04:51 PM   #1

2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS (Late Intro)

Greetings from Wisconsin!

A bit of a delayed post here as I've been lurking in a few other topic-specific threads since purchasing the new TT back in May. Previous to this our family camped in a 1995 Jayco Eagle Series 8 pop-up camper. The Wolf Pup is such a welcomed upgrade and we've been determined to take it out at least twice per month starting in may (successful so far!). Looking forward to all the good discussions here with helpful tips, tricks, and modification suggestions. Already started a few of my own mods too based on a few discussions with some of the Wolf Pup veteran owners here.

Tow Vehicle: 2013 F-150 FX4 5.0L V8 w/ Lift Kit & Towing Package
TT: 2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS
knight1fox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 05:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight1fox3 View Post
Greetings from Wisconsin!

A bit of a delayed post here as I've been lurking in a few other topic-specific threads since purchasing the new TT back in May. Previous to this our family camped in a 1995 Jayco Eagle Series 8 pop-up camper. The Wolf Pup is such a welcomed upgrade and we've been determined to take it out at least twice per month starting in may (successful so far!). Looking forward to all the good discussions here with helpful tips, tricks, and modification suggestions. Already started a few of my own mods too based on a few discussions with some of the Wolf Pup veteran owners here.
Welcome to the forum. I also am new here. Purchased a Pup last November. The previous December I crawled into my sleeping bag camping up in northern MN. No fire in the tepee and I woke up in a snowstorm.

Loved it and have many good stories. But, at 69 I new those days were numbered. So, to remain connected with the world I bought a Wolf Pup 16 ft BHS. It is a good base unit that I can still claim some sort of minimalist experience.

I live in west central WI. Menomonie- Prairie Farm area. Grew up in De Pere. You?

2021 Cherokee Wolf Pup, 16 BHS
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 Diesel
RepWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepWI View Post
Welcome to the forum. I also am new here. Purchased a Pup last November. The previous December I crawled into my sleeping bag camping up in northern MN. No fire in the tepee and I woke up in a snowstorm.

Loved it and have many good stories. But, at 69 I new those days were numbered. So, to remain connected with the world I bought a Wolf Pup 16 ft BHS. It is a good base unit that I can still claim some sort of minimalist experience.

I live in west central WI. Menomonie- Prairie Farm area. Grew up in De Pere. You?
Thanks! Ya I still like the roughing it type camping and go to the Boundary Waters often to camp/portage/fish etc. I just do not enjoy doing that with the family (yet) which includes two small children and a dog. The wife and I decided that if we wanted to continue camping AND enjoy it, something a bit nicer would be more manageable (under-statement!).

I live in SE WI in the Milwaukee area. We have family up towards Antigo and Rhinelander so we plan to travel around and visit those areas more with the camper. My wife is from Portage and I'm from Green Bay. I worked for the Packers while in high school as a "custodial engineer" Best HS job a kid could have in my opinion, especially one associated with a favorite local sports team. I'm familiar with the Eau Clarie/Chippewa Falls area but I see Prairie Farm is a bit NW of that area.

Tow Vehicle: 2013 F-150 FX4 5.0L V8 w/ Lift Kit & Towing Package
TT: 2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS
knight1fox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight1fox3 View Post
Thanks! Ya I still like the roughing it type camping and go to the Boundary Waters often to camp/portage/fish etc. I just do not enjoy doing that with the family (yet) which includes two small children and a dog. The wife and I decided that if we wanted to continue camping AND enjoy it, something a bit nicer would be more manageable (under-statement!).

I live in SE WI in the Milwaukee area. We have family up towards Antigo and Rhinelander so we plan to travel around and visit those areas more with the camper. My wife is from Portage and I'm from Green Bay. I worked for the Packers while in high school as a "custodial engineer" Best HS job a kid could have in my opinion, especially one associated with a favorite local sports team. I'm familiar with the Eau Clarie/Chippewa Falls area but I see Prairie Farm is a bit NW of that area.
TY for the response. Look to the Sylvania Widerness area near Watersmeet, MI. The base camp there is certainly not wilderness. But, a fe minutes drive south into WI you have vacationland. May be something for everybody.

2021 Cherokee Wolf Pup, 16 BHS
2002 Chevy Silverado 2500 Diesel
RepWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:55 AM   #5

Welcome from another Wisconsinite. Enjoy your 2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wolf pup