Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 08:51 AM   #1

21 FBRS

Hello,

My name is Dave , I am considering purchasing a new microlite 21fb RS travel trailer. I have a heating / furnace question for anybody that owns one. In checking with Forest River it seems there is no heat duct in the bathroom I was wondering how that works out in Colder Weather I know there's a gap under the bathroom door but it's an outside wall to the bathroom seems like could be very cold. There is a heat duct across the coach-office at the bathroom door but still I would think if you were camping in 35 degree or 40 degree weather the bathroom would be cold any thoughts?.

Thanks. Dave
motorsport2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:02 AM   #2

Dave,

Owned a 21fbrs for 3 years. Camped in some chilly weather and the bathroom heat was not an issue. We let the bathroom door open when we didn’t use it but the camper is small enough that it just was never an issue. We loved that camper but upgraded to something bigger.

John
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport2 View Post
Hello,

My name is Dave , I am considering purchasing a new microlite 21fb RS travel trailer. I have a heating / furnace question for anybody that owns one. In checking with Forest River it seems there is no heat duct in the bathroom I was wondering how that works out in Colder Weather I know there's a gap under the bathroom door but it's an outside wall to the bathroom seems like could be very cold. There is a heat duct across the coach-office at the bathroom door but still I would think if you were camping in 35 degree or 40 degree weather the bathroom would be cold any thoughts?.
in our 25KS we don't use propane so all our heating needs are satisfied by two small elect. heaters, one for only the bath and the other is sufficient for the rest of the trailer,... my wife, being cold natured, actually uses the one in the bathroom even in the summer when the ac is running,..... so you do have options and ways to stay comfortable even if there is no heating duct in the BR,....

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:03 AM   #4

Thanks so much for sharing your experience ! I was a bit worried as the bathroom is on an outside wall. The bottom of the bathroom door has a gap, i assume to allow the heat to be blown under by the opposing heat vent near the entry door. We really love the floo rplan and ease of towing a 22' tandem axle trailer. Many coaches that size are single axle.....bad if one of the inffamous Marahon tires fail ( I like 2 axles ) Well happy camping !t
Old 09-07-2016, 01:30 AM   #5
Learning a lot as I go...

The side walls are 1" foam core with 1/4" plywood on each side. Much more insulated than the door and interior walls ;-)
Old 09-07-2016, 04:32 AM   #6

1" thick foam walls

Thanks for the information, that makes me feel more comfortable about fall camping in PA. Dutch country! How does your F150 Ecoboost tow your 21 FBRS ....I am considering an F150? What is your gas mie
Thanks again.......Dave
Old 09-07-2016, 04:50 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks for the information, that makes me feel more comfortable about fall camping in PA. Dutch country! How does your F150 Ecoboost tow your 21 FBRS ....I am considering an F150? What is your gas mie
Thanks again.......Dave
All gassers get average range of 9-11.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #8
Learning a lot as I go...

Quote:
Thanks again.......Dave
Dave,

I am actually towing something a bit bigger and heavier than a 21 FBRS. I started my shopping looking at the 21 FBRS though so I am familiar with the model.

I am actually towing a 26 foot / 6500 lb TT behind my F-150 Ecoboost. I find I have sufficient power to pull it at the speed limit up just about any hill on the interstate. The only catch is I have to watch the engine temperature as it will overheat if I push it too hard. So on some of the longer and steeper grades I have to make sure it downshifts and back off the speed to match the truckers. When I do this the temp drops right back down.

As to gas mileage... well we do not like to talk about that. It depends on what speed you run to some extent. I am seeing about 8 MPG if I am in a hurry and doing closer to 65 MPH. If I can drop to 60 MPH I can get it closer to 9 MPG. And going up a hill can ding you down quite a bit lower.

I find that the 26 footer has some tail wagging characteristics and is thus the biggest I would ever go in a bumper tow TT with the F-150.

Your results with a 21 FBRS and an Ecoboost F-150 should be quite good with less tail and lower weight. You will likely see similar gas mileage though as that is mostly a matter of pulling a big box through the air.