Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2021, 11:51 AM   #1

Post '74 Broken Arrow Project

I am new to posting on this project - it is a 32' Broken Arrow Mobilehome Mfg - Arrow Flite. Built in Broken Arrow , OK for only a few years in the late 60 & early 70's. They also built the 12' "Teepee". The 32' Arrow Flite is a virtual clone of a 1963 Boles Aero. The front corner windows are curved around the radius of the corners and protected with a fiberglass awning. All framing and body panels are aluminum.

My father bought this trailer in Wichita, KS in the early spring of 1976, and pulled it on wheat harvest from Texas to North Dakota for the next 30 years. My daughter purchased the trailer from him in 2018. The trailer has experienced a few large hailstones (after all we are in Oklahoma!), and had seals that had rotted around the clearance lights. Rain infiltration caused severe damage to about 1/3 of the flooring in the rear of the trailer, and over half of the original seal was rotted. The gaskets on all of the windows were missing or cracked, several of the cranks were stripped out. One of the front corner curved windows was cracked from a hail stone.

Long story short, it has been a labor of love (and a chunk of time and money) to get this project well underway. We have gutted her down to the studs, replaced the rotted flooring and sills, rebuilt all her windows (tearing each window pane down to just the glass and replacing every single gasket and seal).

We are now on the good part - rebuilding her interior. I have many projects that I need advice on - so please be honest with me if I go off the deep end or down a rabbit hole!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Arrow Original Ext door side 2 20180505.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	263215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Arrow Original Ext Front 20180505.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	263217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Arrow Original Ext pass front side 20180505.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	263218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Broken Arrow Floor replaced sheeted.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	333.4 KB
ID:	263219  
74BrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:04 AM   #2

Will be interesting to see what you end up doing on this project! Good luck.

Tow vehicle: 2020 Ford F-250 4WD Super Duty 7.3 XLT FX4 Crew

TT: 2021 Grey Wolf 26 DBH
Germanrazor is offline   Reply With Quote