Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #1

9 months new...

Good morning all! I bought a new ss-1251 back in June, used it the first night, one more night in July, and its been back at the dealership and now back at the factory ever since.

So I'm still really new, even though I've been making payments for 9 months.

The catch is, I really can't wait to get it back and try again this year. I really enjoyed it when it was functional. Don't let my frustration fool you, im still excited about camping. But now the factory isn't returning my phone calls or emails.

So I'm mostly here to live vicariously through others, and maybe find what info I can on dealing with the factory.

-Rench
Rench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rench View Post
Good morning all! I bought a new ss-1251 back in June, used it the first night, one more night in July, and its been back at the dealership and now back at the factory ever since.

The catch is, I really can't wait to get it back and try again this year. I really enjoyed it when it was functional. Don't let my frustration fool you, im still excited about camping. But now the factory isn't returning my phone calls or emails.

So I'm mostly here to live vicariously through others, and maybe find what info I can on dealing with the factory.

-Rench
OMG that's awful. I can't even imagine. Ours is 8 months old...we have some minor issues that need fixed but nothing that makes it unusable. The worst thing is that we can't use our shower....because it causes a leak near the kitchen sink.

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rench View Post

-Rench

That doesn't sound good. We had to send our 5th wheel back to the factory and I was offered from Forest River a rep's phone number that coordinated everything for us. If you do get through to the factory and actually speak to someone, ask them for a rep that you can rely on for status updates. We were lucky, the rep gave us his work cell # and, it DID take awhile, but at least he kept us in the loop. You need to remind them that you're making payments and deserve to know and receive status updates....ask them to give you a rep. You may have to ask your dealership/sales person and see if they could hook you up with a factory rep. It shouldn't be this way, but the RV industry has a very bad reputation for VERY poor service and repairs! The beauty of this forum, is you have a resource for learning how to do lots of these RV repairs, especially when service warranties expire. It seems the RV industry wants you to buy the warranties with not only money, but LOTS of YOUR time. So, the more you can learn on this forum (and others) the more time and money you can save. Best wishes and happy camping (when they finally get 'er back to you)

Hope it's the last factory trip you'll have to experience with this RV

RingoRoy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:04 PM   #4
I go RV'ing not Camping

Rest assured that the factory will fix it right and it will be ready to go once you get it back
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:05 PM   #5
Camp Bartender

I'm sorry you are having issues, my wife and I's rig was bought new last April, we had a few warranty related items that needed to be repaired, but the dealership was able to fix them. We did buy the extended warranty as well. Camping is a great hobby!

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote