Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #1

Abilene, TX

Hello to everyone,
My wife and I purchased a 2015 Vengance Touring toy hauler trailer last year and really enjoyed camping with it but it was a bit small so we traded for a 2017 Wolf Pack 325 Pack 13 5th wheel toy hauler last weekend. We almost have it stocked and ready for a break in weekend on the 3rd of March. The Vengance had front & rear stabilizers and with a wedge block between the tandem it was very solid, front to back & side to side. The new rig is a bit shaky feeling side to side. It only has a stabalizer in the rear and the landing gear in the front. Wedge blocking the tandem stopped the fore & aft motion but the side sway, especially in the front is a bit unnerving. I hate to introduce us with a question but what's the solution? New to 5th wheels but I love the way it handles and tows. Looking forward to learning some things and hopefully meeting some of you out there!
oldblueroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:37 PM   #2
Casey & Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblueroadking View Post
Hello to everyone,

My wife and I purchased a 2015 Vengance Touring toy hauler trailer last year and really enjoyed camping with it but it was a bit small so we traded for a 2017 Wolf Pack 325 Pack 13 5th wheel toy hauler last weekend. We almost have it stocked and ready for a break in weekend on the 3rd of March. The Vengance had front & rear stabilizers and with a wedge block between the tandem it was very solid, front to back & side to side. The new rig is a bit shaky feeling side to side. It only has a stabalizer in the rear and the landing gear in the front. Wedge blocking the tandem stopped the fore & aft motion but the side sway, especially in the front is a bit unnerving. I hate to introduce us with a question but what's the solution? New to 5th wheels but I love the way it handles and tows. Looking forward to learning some things and hopefully meeting some of you out there!

I just updated from a TT to a 5th wheel. Also had the same wobbling experience. Did some research and purchased at set of JT strong arms. They just arrived today and plan on installing them next weekend. From what I have read and videos I have watch they should take care of that issue. I understand they are a lot more solid than a kingpin tripod and not much more on eBay.
2018 Ram 3500 4x4 CC Cummins Powered
Casey r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum,
Congratulations on your new Wolf Pack. May you build many family and friendship memory's with the new rig. As always stay safe and Happy RVing from Farmer NC
Old 02-24-2017, 07:32 AM   #4

Welcome from SW Ohio , enjoy your 5thwheel TH !
Old 02-24-2017, 07:54 AM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblueroadking View Post
Hello to everyone,
Search for threads about JT's Strong Arm or Steadyfast.

Many of us also add a second set of stabilizers at the front axle area. They can be mounted permanently or not.

Enjoy your new rig.

My son lives in Abilene.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:57 AM   #6

X2 on the Strongarms - also X-CHocks

Welcome to the Forum from Huntsville AL! We will be passing through Abilene (staying in Sweetwater for a few days) next year on our way to AK
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:41 AM   #7

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your Wolf Pack. X3 on JT Strong Arms.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #8

Just ordered the stabilizer, Thanks for the idea
oldblueroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:07 AM   #9
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Agree with 5picker, we use small bottle jacks (with blocks) at the axel area. We don't jack the as we have found they will slowly fail. We use the rear stabilizer to slightly lift (about an inch) after contact with the ground, place the bottle jacks and then lower the rear stabilizer for contact with the bottle jacks. Takes that little bounce out.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote