Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2021, 04:49 PM   #1

About to put a deposit on a Wolf Pup 16BHS

Anything I should know?

They're telling me the bumper is $400 option, sounds crazy! I can get a custom hitch installed at that price, so nogo. Trying to figure out what all is in the adventure package I will receive, I've seen posts here, but they're all over the place.

Anyway, I am very eager to learn from you all here, and hope to contribute something once I get some miles behind my trailer. I hope I get the black label, but I like the look of the regular 16BHS a lot too. Especially with the glass door.
I also hope I get the propane powered fridge, am I crazy? I like the idea of having a minimalist mode, where the fridge takes priority, and can run off the propane longer than it can off batteries. Is this reasonable?

Thanks y'all!
DerfZet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi and Welcome to FRF.
Suggest that you post your Wolf Pup questions, in the Cherokee sub-forum, where most Wolf Pup owners hang out and post.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:45 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Welcome to the forum. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:30 PM   #4

Welcome aboard from NC! Not sure what you mean by $400 bumper option??? We just bought a Grey Wolf 26DBH and it came with the bumper and a rack system. I would think any TT would have to have a bumper but I am new to this camping culture. My salesman has a Wolf Pup as we spoke a lot the day we were there shopping.

Tow vehicle: 2020 Ford F-250 4WD Super Duty 7.3 XLT FX4 Crew

TT: 2021 Grey Wolf 26 DBH
Germanrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:47 PM   #5
Pop-up refugee

We like ours, can't wait for camping weather so we can use it. If the propane fridge at all exists, don't hope for it, insist on it. We prefer campgrounds that don't have hookups, and the 12v fridge is our only real worry about the rig. Everything else about it is so good that we went with it, though.

I thought the bumper rack was standard. I'm not in the market for a camper any more, so I'm not up on what's available, but that sounds odd.
Relaxin in the woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:18 PM   #6

I appreciate the replies, I am going tp push for the propane fridge. I don't want the extra worry about batteries for my fridge, and I don't want to run a generator at my campsite if I can avoid it.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanrazor View Post
Welcome aboard from NC! Not sure what you mean by $400 bumper option??? We just bought a Grey Wolf 26DBH and it came with the bumper and a rack system. I would think any TT would have to have a bumper but I am new to this camping culture. My salesman has a Wolf Pup as we spoke a lot the day we were there shopping.

I asked if we would get the travel rack on the rear, and sales said it was a $400 option. Seems steep since an amazon rack is around 200, and the install is painless.

While that option is expensive, it is the cheapest price I was able to find within our shipping budget, so we're going to jump on it, IF he can get us the propane fridge. I really don't want to spend another 3k on batteries when I can spend 20 on gas when I need it.

So much to think about.

Tags
wolf pup